The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-4-ever

Versus 08/09 TV schedule...

I got nothing on this...

They are really short-sighted

Why load up on the Sabres...and some of the other teams....

Spread the wealth...thank goodness we at least have FSN

Well, it gives our guys another goal to go for - to get on Versus more...

...in April/May/June.

Those are the only games on that station that truly matter. ;)

Though I agree with the above, that I could care less if they're on Vs. So long as I can watch the games on TV I'm happy, and it doesn't matter what station they're on.

I'm shocked that the Detroit game isn't on there. Shocked.

Samehere. Wonder if JR is miffed as well. He thought that having Wesley night when we play Boston on Tuesday would be a perfect VS game.

I for one am not very surprised as VS and NBC never show any hurricane love.

So when can we purchase Center Ice?

once it gets closer to opening night. i called cox cable (who i have in florida) early in september last year and they said i had to wait because it wasn't in their system yet. i think i ordered it about a week before the opener. it may be sooner on satellite, i don't know; i've never had a dish.

We win a cup in '06 and we still get no love from versus. I prefer our local broadcasts anyway! Its still a slap in the face but we can make them sorry with a good year.

We win a cup in '06 and we still get no love from versus. I prefer our local broadcasts anyway! Its still a slap in the face but we can make them sorry with a good year.

Not much or a choice really. VS doesn't put us on the air very often and ESPN hates cause we left there shopping mall arena. Go FSN!

That sucks because I'm a fan from Philly who really can't afford Center Ice and would love to see more Canes games on TV. Even I can't believe all the Philly games. It looks like repeat, repeat, repeat with the same teams. :(

ok...playing "devils advocate" here...what have we done since then to deserve their "love" other than miss the playoffs 2 straight years? Until we start showing people (NBC, Versus, whoever else) that the 'Canes were not "one hit wonders" and "flukes" back in '06, this is how I see us getting treated by the media. I hope nobody thinks im slamming our boys, but thats just how i see it. I hope they come out this season full of pss and vinegar and rip the league up! oh yeah...and stay healthy too. ;)

ok...playing "devils advocate" here...what have we done since then to deserve their "love" other than miss the playoffs 2 straight years? Until we start showing people (NBC, Versus, whoever else) that the 'Canes were not "one hit wonders" and "flukes" back in '06, this is how I see us getting treated by the media. I hope nobody thinks im slamming our boys, but thats just how i see it. I hope they come out this season full of pss and vinegar and rip the league up! oh yeah...and stay healthy too. ;)

No offense but what has Tampa done to deserve 4 games and how in H E double hockey sticks did Atlanta get more games than Carolina (even if it is one more game)?

I have TWC right here in Cary and I hate that more Canes games are not in HD. Granted I am a little spoiled as I have a 12 game pack (111) and a 26 game pack (116) as well. I usually record the game even if I go to it. Sometimes you miss things in person, sometimes you want to see plays again, and I like to see the interviews as well.

The one thing I will say is when the Canes games were on OLN the post game interviews were really great. You would see all of the interviews. When we got to the Stanley Cup round and the broadcasts were on the regular primetime stations, the post game interviews seem to be shortened. At times they were totally missing.

I think only about 5 games were in HD last year with TWC in the Cary area? Please let me know if I am off and if you have heard about more games being broadcasted in HD with TWC.

I have TWC right here in Cary and I hate that more Canes games are not in HD. Granted I am a little spoiled as I have a 12 game pack (111) and a 26 game pack (116) as well. I usually record the game even if I go to it. Sometimes you miss things in person, sometimes you want to see plays again, and I like to see the interviews as well.

The one thing I will say is when the Canes games were on OLN the post game interviews were really great. You would see all of the interviews. When we got to the Stanley Cup round and the broadcasts were on the regular primetime stations, the post game interviews seem to be shortened. At times they were totally missing.

I think only about 5 games were in HD last year with TWC in the Cary area? Please let me know if I am off and if you have heard about more games being broadcasted in HD with TWC.

I switched to Dish in order to get more games in HD, Dish even has the NHL Network in HD.

Maybe this will give us what we need to prove them all wrong again!

I hate VS. anyway.

ME TOO,Mike Emrick...Althougth I watch it on the NHL network so its either John and Tripp or the other teams announcers....

No offense but what has Tampa done to deserve 4 games and how in H E double hockey sticks did Atlanta get more games than Carolina (even if it is one more game)?

Well...thats a great question. I have no idea tho..LMAO!! Only thing i can figure is Tampa has Melrose and Stamkos (sp?) so maybe they wanna watch the mullet in HD? as far as Atl...well... :blink:

I thought I read somewhere that FSN-S is moving to full time HD in January 2009. Won't help Oct-Dec, but come Jan all games should be in HD. If what I read was correct and I wasn't dreaming about that.