The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
colby-ch1

hockeyleaks power rankings

Umm...did they even check our roster?

Never heard of Pitkanen, Gleason, Corvo?

I took one look at that site when the Gaborik rumor started going around and knew there was nothing credible to it. First of all, that rumor was and still is pretty far-fetched, and that site lacks anything that would make it look even close to professional. You can tell a lot of things by the looks of a website. I know not to judge a book by its cover and all that, but it really does help in this case. This evaluation just puts another nail in the coffin.

Oh, and "semi-decent offense"? Again, has this person not even looked at our roster or how many goals we put up last year?

Come on guys, those prediction things are so arbitrary and all over the place. I just heard of another one yesterday that had us making the playoffs as #6 seed, and another one that had us winning the division. Remember last year? Someone had us and the Sharks in the SCF. And I remember another 1 that had the FLA Panthers winning the SE, with ATL and TB coming in 2nd and 3rd and making the playoffs, and with us and the Caps finishing 4th and 5th :blink: Go figure! And as far as their analysis, you can pretty much take any team in the NHL (other than maybe Detroit) and fairly legitimately question some aspect of their game (forwards, defense, goaltending, coaching..). The league is very competitive, and small things will make the difference.

"The lesser Kaberle is their best guy, and rumour has it they're shopping him. Why? I couldn't tell you."

This is one of the most blatantly ignorant lines I have read. The guy even admits he doesn't know. He probably shouldn't be writing. Staggering. Kaberle is our best defensman? Imagine what last year would have looked like if that were true. Flagrantly uniformed. Can't beleive I'm even responding to such drivel. OK I'll stop.

This was great fiction. Who the heck is "YICK", the guy who wrote this. check this analysis...

9. Buffalo Sabres (Last year's finish: 18th)

Oh Ryan Miller, what happened? A disappointing season from a once dominant goaltender, but you can't forget what happened the season before after one little hiccup. Miller is an outstanding goalie, and if he can get back to that form, there will be no problems. As with Anaheim, the Sabres strength is their defense. Campbell is no more (not dead, just in Chicago), but really, who needs him? Jaroslav Spacek will do just fine without him, and Teppo is back for another season. Throw in new acquisition Craig Rivet and you're golden. Their offense will rely heavily the young Thomas Vanek, but I believe he is capable and should excite Sabres fans this season.

I haven't seen anything this funny since Sundays Charlotte Observers Funny Pages!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

553px-Lol_que.jpg

Oh, what would the internet do without the pear?

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that this website is pretty much bullscotch and that the guy just makes stuff up arbitrarily, as he has no knowledge of the sport to back anything up.

Just as I post in every thread that quotes an opinion made by some random blogger, why do we give this person any validation by posting and discussing it here. These bloggers can be anyone who has a computer and just wants to be heard. They have ZERO accountability to what they write and can be as biased and non-factual as they want. Many of them register anonymously and are just fans like you and me.

Its not against the rules to post these blogs but keep in mind that the random blogger, not affiliated with any legitimate media organization, has as much credibility as you and I do. Take what they say with a grain of salt and shrug off the ridiculous statements and opinions.

Personally, I only like to read what the sports writers from legitimate hockey publications and sites have to say. They've built a reputation and will have accountability for everything they write. -My 2 cents

BTW, great picture Kaberlay, lol.

Here's what probably happened...

He didn't watch many Canes games, or did his research, and he probably remembers Kaberle as part of our Cup run year so he just picke dhis name, he doesn't know how awful he is defensively. Even dumber, was the fact that he called our offense semi-decent when it has been one of the best since the lockout.

I agree with TSA though, think before posting these rankings by an uneducated blogger. If it was by a legit site I'd laugh about it, but I don't expect these type of writers to actually know 30 NHL teams in-depth.

DHA*

Well...guess there is no need to go to any games since we'll miss the playoff again. :(

I'm glad to have someone else tell me what to think... :blink:

especially since all the games I went to last year, all the games I watched on TV last year, subscribing to THN, board discussions and N&O articles must be telling and showing me all the wrong things. :angry:

* dry humour alert

This is the description for the 09 Canes from hockeyleaks. Hockeyleaks is the sight that started the Gaborik rumors. I think this write up should show that this writer is out of tune with the NHL. This article was written about a week ago, after our defensive changes.

17. Carolina Hurricanes (Last year's finish: 16th)

Where's the D? The lesser Kaberle is their best guy, and rumour has it they're shopping him. Why? I couldn't tell you. For their subpar defense alone, the Hurricanes are not making the playoffs. And let's not mention Cam Ward, who hasn't been terrible, but won't survive for long with such a deficient defense playing in front of him. With all that said, the Hurricanes do have a semi-decent offense who will keep them in the hunt. Brind'Amour is still going strong and Eric Staal is always expected to make an impact. Unfortunately, they just won't be able to keep up with Washington, and therefore will not make the playoffs once again.

All pre-season polls are useless. Just as pre-season analysis is. Why bother to pay attention to any of it. Some "experts" say some teams are going to be good and other "experts" say the same teams will have problems.