The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Red_Storm

The Hockey News gives A- grade to Canes Draft

That's good to see. If he's right, and Boychuk and Dalphe develop into high-skill forwards, to go with Sutter and Bowman, in the next few years our high powered offense could reload for a new generation. Interesting about Murphy being a steal, hopefully we don't need a goalie at the NHL level for a while though.

I had thought from day 1 that Murphy was a steal in the 6th round. I mean I didn't expect him to go in the first 2 rounds or anything, but for us to get him in the 6th IMO was very lucky. Yeah, he is a bit of a flopper and is a little small but hey so is Hasek and things have worked well for him. Plus he got his team into the CHL finals, so he's already got some pretty good playoff experience.

That's good to see. If he's right, and Boychuk and Dalphe develop into high-skill forwards, to go with Sutter and Bowman, in the next few years our high powered offense could reload for a new generation. Interesting about Murphy being a steal, hopefully we don't need a goalie at the NHL level for a while though.

Even if the Canes don't need Murphy that doesn't mean that he can't be a valuable trading chip if he turns into a steal. Not to mention it that goaltender development is so different from situation to situation that he could take several years and who knows what kind of a position the canes will be in then.