The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

RBC Center Parking and survey

Out of town parking prices have nothing to do with the Canes" parking prices. I have been to other places and the parking is higher but I still do not like the fee at the RBC. Nor do I feel I am getting a bargain.

I think it has a lot to do with it. Yes, Raleigh is not a major city but still at $10, it is a bargain. People here are not use to paying at time of parking. But you can bet your bottom dollar you pay for parking everywhere you go. It is built into rents of stores, malls, stripmalls, etc.

Parking is not free and has never been free, no matter where you park.

Well, the buses would still have to negotiate the maze. Or would the buses be allowed their own "dedicated lane". If so, that would screw with traffic even more.

Use the VIP lanes and come down Hillsbourgh Street maybe starting from Glenwood South. Special buses. They use to do this in San Jose but since DT is so close, most people walk.

I think why most people are frustrated is b/c there were no problems before Mr. Mike Alexander planted his butt on top of the roof. I've been going to games since 2001, even during the 2006 playoffs, we didn't experience the problems we are now. The start of the 2006-07 season is when they started with Mike Alexander, no coincidence that this is when the problems started. I'm not saying he isn't doing his job, but its pretty clear that directing traffic in "real time" isn't working. Maybe Mike needs to make a traffic plan and have everyone stick to that plan for every game. Once people know the routes, they'll know what works for them, but changing the routes game after game is causing more trouble.

I disagree. People have been complaining and complaining about cone placement since the RBC was built. Even when 11K were showing up. Maybe since more people go now, more people to complain. I have also been going to games with Full ST since 2000 and I know numerous people complaining.....but they complain about I-40, Glenwood ave and the Beltline.

Still a bunch of people leaving the same time. The issue why it is not the same plan is because (my guess) you have more people on weekends than weekdays.

I say figuring parking into prices is the best alternative....of course I am not bringing the Dugger's to a game either! :lol:

Not having to wait for some joker, who only brings a 50 or 100 dollar bill to a game, to get change would be super as well!

Also even though the price for parking went up..not having to wait for them to count out 1s will probably speed things up a little.

My only issue is that they try to squeeze 3 lanes down to 2 at the Edwards Mill entrance...never understood that one. :blink:

Oh my goodness! Jan, for you to take this much time and effort on this topic must mean one thing: your life is getting simpler, better and less complicated!

You're a riot, ivy. You oughta try out for a gig at your nearest Comedy Store later this week.

First: It took me pathetically little time to write my reply to fromRaleigh's post. I have a good working knowledge of which links to include in my post, so coming up with my comment was barely more than a copy-and-paste job. (Additionally, I know how to write well in a heartbeat; a person who can't do that won't ever be able to earn a B.A. in journalism, something both Mr. GSBG and I have.)

Second: My life's now spun totally out of control, and not in a good way. I'll fill you in all the ugly details on a PM, ivy.

Bottom line: The only fun I'm getting these days, other than workouts, comes from participating on these boards.

To get back to the topic: Last I'd heard, it costs $10 to park at RBC, and $15 at Honda Center.

Jan/GSBG

I may not be the brightest bulb in the shed but it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to manage the traffic flow into the arena. If cars are starting to build up, add another attendant rather then trying to shift that flow elsewhere. By doing this the flow is just shifted elsewhere on the RBC grounds and the backup is simply shifted to another line on the grounds.

Imagine if this took place at a grocery store, instead of adding another cashier, those in line would be shifted to another line would that store maintain satisfied customers? I think not. I am sure there are several profs at NC State who are experts in queing theory who can help the Canes solve this problem.

I may not be the brightest bulb in the shed but it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to manage the traffic flow into the arena. If cars are starting to build up, add another attendant rather then trying to shift that flow elsewhere. By doing this the flow is just shifted elsewhere on the RBC grounds and the backup is simply shifted to another line on the grounds.

Indeed, collie: Mr. G and I found the traffic flow into RBC a wee bit exotic when we went there two years ago. It actually reminded us of the quagmire leading out of Honda Center's parking lot after Ducks games: People leaving the arena right after a game can expect waits of 45 minutes before they pass the parking lot's "Exit" sign.

IMHO, it sure seems as if our respective hockey venues -- RBC and Honda Center -- are more alike than we've ever realized before. :huh:

Imagine if this took place at a grocery store, instead of adding another cashier, those in line would be shifted to another line would that store maintain satisfied customers? I think not. I am sure there are several profs at NC State who are experts in queing theory who can help the Canes solve this problem.

Then let's have one enterprising NC State student from these boards discuss this matter with one of his or her profs, folks -- say, for example, one from the university's civil engineering department. How about taking the initiative into your own hands, younger Caniacs? ;)

Jan/GSBG