The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Julia Rowe

That's sad to hear. Makes me wish all the more I had been able to find some of those Relentless wristbands when I was in NC. =(

I am so sorry to read of Julia's change in condition. I think it is medfordcaniac, but I could be wrong, that also has a leukemia connection, as do I. It is particularly upsetting to read that the condition has changed. One gets only so many remissions with this blood disorder, but if anyone has angels carrying them and leading the way and protecting their back, it's our little Miss Julia! All good thoughts and best wishes to her and her family, and heartfelt prayers.

That's sad to hear. Makes me wish all the more I had been able to find some of those Relentless wristbands when I was in NC. =(

I found this on a winery website. You might want to check with the Canes to see if they are still doing this:

Out-of-town fans who wish to make a donation to LLS and acquire a wristband should mail a minimum donation of $5 to: Carolina Hurricanes Kids 'N Community Foundation, 1400 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh, NC 27607. Please indicate that the donation is for LLS.

http://www.shafervineyards.com/pr_Stanley_Cup_Hurricanes_0706.html' target="_blank">http://www.shafervineyards.com/pr_Stanley_...canes_0706.html[/post]

Bought a wristband at game 6 of the SCF..and have'nt taken it off since.

Man, this just breaks my heart. And yet, on the other hand, as a cancer survivor myself, it makes me appreciate even more my own remission. I'll keep her and her family in my prayers.

This is sooo sad and my eyes are tearing up... i wish i can do anything for that girl.. i hope the best for her and her family and god be with them and everyone that has this disease.

Hello everyone. My name is Holly D'Addurno and I am the Patient Services Manager for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Eastern NC Chapter. I am also an ardent Canes fan, season ticket holder and follow these boards. Some of you have mentioned that you are blood cancer survivors or have asked for information about the red "Relentless" bracelets. The Society provides services to patients and families with leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma, free of charge, through our 69 chapters in the US and Canada. If you or someone you know has a blood cancer, please feel free to contact us for information, educational programs, support groups, peer counseling or financial assistance. The bracelets are available through our office for a small donation. Our local office is located at 401 Harrison Oaks Blvd. Suite 200 in Cary NC and our phone number is 919-677-3993; our website is www.lls.org/nce. Please feel free to contact us if we can help you in any way. Take Care.

Hello everyone. My name is Holly D'Addurno and I am the Patient Services Manager for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Eastern NC Chapter. I am also an ardent Canes fan, season ticket holder and follow these boards. Some of you have mentioned that you are blood cancer survivors or have asked for information about the red "Relentless" bracelets. The Society provides services to patients and families with leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma, free of charge, through our 69 chapters in the US and Canada. If you or someone you know has a blood cancer, please feel free to contact us for information, educational programs, support groups, peer counseling or financial assistance. The bracelets are available through our office for a small donation. Our local office is located at 401 Harrison Oaks Blvd. Suite 200 in Cary NC and our phone number is 919-677-3993; our website is www.lls.org/nce. Please feel free to contact us if we can help you in any way. Take Care.

Thank you very much.. and thank for your hard work also.

Can we keep hopefully getting updates on Julia's condition...she is in my prayers every day...thank you all!!!

I can check.

Can we keep hopefully getting updates on Julia's condition...she is in my prayers every day...thank you all!!!

I can check.

Julia just got back from Disney World with her family and had a great time. The trip was sponsored by the "Make a Wish" foundation. She's doing well, swimming in the pool and smiling as a little girl should.

Julia just got back from Disney World with her family and had a great time. The trip was sponsored by the "Make a Wish" foundation. She's doing well, swimming in the pool and smiling as a little girl should.

That is great to hear.. wonderful news. Thank you so much for the update!