The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac_fan

Few moves are not enough moves for

Listen guys, this isn't the first time McMoron has railed on the canes. He does it often, any chance he can get. I don't know what makes him think that he's the superior hockey journalist. He hails from San Fransisco, which we all know is a pure hot bed for Hockey (and some other debaucherous activities which I'm sure Mr. McKeon partakes in, just saying).

He's a hater, like many others out there who are haters against the 'Canes. These are the same haters who said we'd finish 29th out of 30th in 06 and the same haters who think our team should disappear, the same haters who have all jumped on the Crapitals bandwagon just because they picked up Cristobol Huet and barley made the playoffs last season, even though we owned that spot most of the year. I don't know why he thinks the Bolts are going to be so great, they have some good forwards but their goalies both stink and their d is far softer than ours, not to mention that they have a coach who hasn't been in the league since 1994 (but I still love the Mullet). The crapitals also lost some guys including the one of two reasons they even made the playoffs last year (Huet). Sure they picked up Theadore, but Mr. Theadore is no Huet. But I digress, the only way we can shut them up is own the season again and get good attendance at the games, like we have been doing since 05-06.

I still say McKeon stinks and I don't like him

Well that's certainly the pessimistic way of looking at this team.

On the flip side this is a team that missed the playoffs by one game in a conference where just about everyone either missed or made the playoffs by a game or two. This despite long term key injuries.

He got one thing right, the hot-button issue of Cam Ward. For all the hand wringing, this basic core of skaters if paired with the median NHL starting goalie's stats would have made the playoffs comforably both of the last two years.

Our forwards outscored 25 teams. That with Brind'Amour and Williams out for long stretches and Cole not his old self. With the Williams and Brindy back and the offensive contributions of Pitkanen and Corvo, this team will score big time. Even if Whitney slides a little (he won't) he will put up nice numbers.

If we can have a decent committee on defense in our own end, and get solid goalie play, the rest will come.

Anyone else notice he has Hordichuk listed as an addition? That right there completely blows any credibility he may have had.

The guy has no clue what he is talking about.

1-He's got Hordichuk listed as an import (or whatever).

2-He says LaRose should take pressure off of Staal and Brind'Amour. Uh, seriously. A 4th liner grinder is going to take pressure off of Staal and Brind'Amour :blink:

That right there tells ya the dude is nuts.

Who cares. Come on guys stop posting *edit* like this; it's so unnecessary. Every time someone comes out with predictions, we here are always so quick to post them and then get upset.

It's so not worth it.

Move on.

Who cares. Come on guys stop posting *edit* like this; it's so unnecessary. Every time someone comes out with predictions, we here are always so quick to post them and then get upset.

It's so not worth it.

Move on.

Moving on,

Same old story, the guy seems to know nothing about the team. No mention of a healthy Wiliams, said nothing about Scotty Walker, Cullen or Gleason and all.

Moving on

I thought Samsonov's defensive play was the biggest surprise of his game. He made some great backchecking plays that saved some goals for us. The writer is also forgetting that we played most of the season without one of our top goal scorers in Justin Williams. We have plenty of offense. We now need defense, and the acquisition of Pitkanen partially addresses that. How that acquisition works, along with a decently healthy season (we're due) and better goaltending play will put us in the playoffs.

As much as I don't like it. The article is correct.

Coming from the same person who predicted a .500 season and Lavi getting fired... Forgive me for asking but do YOU even know the team?

This guy forgets that our team drive is offense, and now that we have offensive support on the back end, we will rack up the goals (this should happen) and we have Wallin and Gleason to take care of defensive defense. Not to mention the potential in Borer coming up and sticking, and Mormina played great defense with that game against the Penguins last season. Plus there was a change on the coaching staff, one that will add some defensive mindset. Tim Rowe from Albany?

We have potential, the only thing is we don't shine on paper right now, we haven't made moves that would demand a lot of attention other than the Erik Cole/Joni Pitkanen trade, and we are one of the deepest offensive teams in the league. (3 quality scoring lines assuming good health).