The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac4life83

Where is Hedican?

I've notice on the roster he isn't on it. Gleason was wearing the #6 as he did. Did I miss something is Hedican a free agent now or something or is he retiring to now?

If you believe in Eklund (and the easter bunny, fairies, loch ness monster) he is looking at playing for either the Islanders, the Senators, or the Crapitals.

He declined an offer to resign with the team. I assume that makes him a free agent.

It was my understanding that he wasn't given an offer.

If you believe in Eklund (and the easter bunny, fairies, loch ness monster) he is looking at playing for either the Islanders, the Senators, or the Crapitals.

Those 3 places are a long way from home (Cali). ;)

I still say he signs with LA closer or during training camp.

And your are correct Caniac97, he wasn't given an offer. I think it was known from both sides that the time was here to part ways. If anyone watched Dancing with the Stars, you could tell his Canes days were over once Kristi said they were moving to Cali after the season.

And your are correct Caniac97, he wasn't given an offer. I think it was known from both sides that the time was here to part ways. If anyone watched Dancing with the Stars, you could tell his Canes days were over once Kristi said they were moving to Cali after the season.

yep, I found that odd that Eklund has him with one of three Eastern conference teams given their desire to move west.

Yes, it was very clear at that time what direction his career was taking. In fact, his home went on the market as soon as they returned from Dancing with the Stars if I recall correctly.

That's to bad he isn't with us anymore. I'll miss him. Now only if we can get rid of Kaberlee still have one more defensive player that we need to get rid of. Why California though?

I believe that Kristi is from Cali..

Totally agree.

Jack Johnson needs some vet. guidance and that team will be young enough to benefit from it. The only problem is LA is still quite a ways away from the Bay area that Kristi wants to live in.

Hedi's house is still listed in his and Kristi's names according to the Wake County property records. The MLS listing shows the house without a stick of furniture in it, so it's safe to assume they don't live there anymore. According to a friend who is a realtor, houses in the price range their house is listed in aren't selling in Raleigh now. I guess the real estate collapse has caught up with them. But considering the asking price and the probable net worth of the Hedicans, I don't think it's that big of a financial problem for them. For most of us, the inability to sell a house might prevent us from making an offer on another one and moving. But in the grand scheme of things, my bet is that the lack of a buyer for the house is about the same as you or I not being able to sell our old used, third car before moving to a distant location. We'd just leave it to a friend or agent to take care of for us.

Totally agree.

Jack Johnson needs some vet. guidance and that team will be young enough to benefit from it. The only problem is LA is still quite a ways away from the Bay area that Kristi wants to live in.

Well... Brian Campbell IS gone frmo San Jose now, so.... ;)

That's to bad he isn't with us anymore. I'll miss him. Now only if we can get rid of Kaberlee still have one more defensive player that we need to get rid of. Why California though?

I recall hearing from somewhere that Kristi wanted her kids to be able to grow up with their cousins in Cali. where they live.

I am pretty sure you can rule out the Caps as a team that Hedican could end up with for two reasons, one being the fact that the Caps do not have any Cap space, the other being that they have plenty of talented defensemen there.

LA is closer than DC but still an hour or so flight from their house in California unless Kristi has gone Hollywood. The ideal place would be SJ but I dont see that happening since their home is in the Bay area.

As many of you may remember, Bret lost his best friend to a brian tumor back in March. He and Kristi organized a benefit concert for his friend's wife and children at club in Minneapolis scheduled for Aug with Rob Thomas headlining. Kristi and her dance partner from DWTS Mark Ballas were to perform. Derek Hough also a dancer on DWTS was to perform with his band Almost Amy. Several nights before the actual show they were all having dinner and the band's van was broken into and they made off with $15,000 worth of equipment and personal items. Not to mention the website that Bret had set up for his friend was apparently "hacked" around the same time. I have not seen anything else about how the show went but hopefully they raised tons of money for this family and managed to have a wonderful time depite the setbacks. My heart goes out to the Hedican's who I am sure put a lot of heart and soul into orgainizing the concert and to the band member's who lost their equipment and other items. Mostly my heart goes out to Pat Brandt's widow and two young children.

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/2707...l?elr=KArksUUUU

Totally agree.

You know I realize that The Canes did not make it to the playoffs the last two season...but ..why would ANYONE want to play for the Kings Organization right now? Especially someone in the twilight of his career.

If he plays for a craphole team the last few years of his career and HATES it...he is gonna resent(sp?) Kristi something fierce.

You know I realize that The Canes did not make it to the playoffs the last two season...but ..why would ANYONE want to play for the Kings Organization right now? Especially someone in the twilight of his career.

money

It isn't much, but I saw this sentence on Bret Hedican's whereabouts on Spector's site.

"Bret Hedican had been skating with several Sharks players but said he hasn't received any training camp invitations."

This was in a piece about some ex-NHLers who received training camp invites to the Sharks camp. I think that someone will sign Bret soon. With the Lang trade, maybe we'll see the dam burst a bit on trades and signings.