The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GoalieDad-ch1

"Unofficial" practice has started!

RecZone Schedule

Wed 08/20/2008 11:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Private Ice Rental RecZone : Rod

Thu 08/21/2008 11:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Private Ice Rental RecZone : Rod

Fri 08/22/2008 11:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Private Ice Rental RecZone : Rod

can anyone come and watch? i don't want to go and be the only one there! more details please! :)

Anyone can come and watch - no cost at all. It's a very casual practice atmosphere, no coaches, but the guys still work hard. It's a rare opportunity to stand at the glass and get a taste of how talented these athletes really are. You'll experience their hand/eye coordination, speed and skating ability in a setting that's a lot more fan friendly than the RBC. Well worth going if you can make it - especially if LaRose The Entertainer is there (which he usually is).

I plan on going tomorrow. I hurt my shoulder practicing (i.e., pretending to be a Hurricane...) up at the Ice House in WF, so I'll have some free time! I've skated at the rec zone, but never watched a practice there. Should be cool.

Gahhh I hate that I started school August 13th, but because of that we get two 2 week breaks that no one else has off and there is only like 12 people at the practices I go to :)

#$*%#*@&!^$%!!! And I was in Raleigh ALL FRICKIN WEEK!

Would've been better than Red Robin yesterday. ;) Then again, had we been at the Rec and not The Eye, we wouldn't have run across Ronnie Franchise... Probably an even tradeoff.

Spectators are welcome. Went yeaterday, but no 'Canes. Just prior 'Canes. Aaron Ward, Bates Battaglia, among others. Still fun to watch!

Thursday Cam Ward, Scotty Walker and LaRose were there.

A more formal practice schedule starts at the Rec-Zone next week.

Mon 08/25/2008 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Tue 08/26/2008 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Wed 08/27/2008 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Thu 08/28/2008 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Fri 08/29/2008 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

If anyone here is able to go to the practices this week, It'd be great if you could post your thoughts here. In particular, I'm interested to see who is in attendance. I assume we'll see Brind'Amour and Larose from day one, but it will be good news if Jeff O'Neill shows up early as well.

I am going tomorrow with the family, my daughter, my niece and nephew and my mom.

I read the site wrong and we showed up late today. But all the better for the eye candy. Seidenberg and Wallin running, at the end of the run, Seids took off his shirt. I must say it was a nice sight, but I still like the sight of Niclas. Yummy.

Kara

If anyone here is able to go to the practices this week, It'd be great if you could post your thoughts here. In particular, I'm interested to see who is in attendance. I assume we'll see Brind'Amour and Larose from day one, but it will be good news if Jeff O'Neill shows up early as well.

Jeff was there and for all those bashing him...He looked very good. He was in shape, passes were crisp, and he was shooting dead on. The guys did the usual drills at the beginning with Brind'Amour running the show. The best was the 4 on 4 that lasted around 30 minutes, that was fun to watch.

Jeff was there and for all those bashing him...He looked very good. He was in shape, passes were crisp, and he was shooting dead on. The guys did the usual drills at the beginning with Brind'Amour running the show. The best was the 4 on 4 that lasted around 30 minutes, that was fun to watch.

How about his skating?? Would you say it was on the faster side, or slower side?

How about his skating?? Would you say it was on the faster side, or slower side?

Great question. I was wondering how Williams and Brindy's burst of speed and lateral movement would be after injuries? Wish I could make it.

Great question. I was wondering how Williams and Brindy's burst of speed and lateral movement would be after injuries? Wish I could make it.

I'm heading down to take a gander, as I work at the State Controllers office off of Wake Forest, so it's right down the street from me...I'll come back with some news! :D

I'm heading down to take a gander, as I work at the State Controllers office off of Wake Forest, so it's right down the street from me...I'll come back with some news! :D

Awesome! Have it on my desk by 2pm please! HEHE

Awesome! Have it on my desk by 2pm please! HEHE

Watch it SOX fan...I am a Yankees fan after all, just so you know! :P

Well, the likes of Bates, Shane Willis, and Aaron Ward were all there...along with Brindy, Walker, O'neill, Rosie...even the Wizard made an appearance! All looked good, especially Bates and Oneill beleive it or not. One play, Whitney had a partial breakaway, and Bates came ALL the way diagnolly(sp) from the blue line, and caught up to him. Passing looked good from mostly everyone but LaRose, and his shooting/carrying the puck was a little suspect too. Hopefully that'll improve. ;)

Watch it SOX fan...I am a Yankees fan after all, just so you know! :P

Well, the likes of Bates, Shane Willis, and Aaron Ward were all there...along with Brindy, Walker, O'neill, Rosie...even the Wizard made an appearance! All looked good, especially Bates and Oneill beleive it or not. One play, Whitney had a partial breakaway, and Bates came ALL the way diagnolly(sp) from the blue line, and caught up to him. Passing looked good from mostly everyone but LaRose, and his shooting/carrying the puck was a little suspect too. Hopefully that'll improve. ;)

Hey CrazyCanesFan,

I am the woman who was there with her family and three kids. It was nice to meet you.

Kara

Hey CrazyCanesFan,

I am the woman who was there with her family and three kids. It was nice to meet you.

Kara

hey it was great meeting you as well.....don't forget about getting that bumper sticker from cafepress.com!!

:D