The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GoalieDad-ch1

"Unofficial" practice has started!

went to the practice today, took some pics, actually took a lot of pics, but my crappy cheapo camera only a few came out good.

AugPic011.jpg

AugPic013.jpg

AugPic014.jpg

AugPic016.jpg

AugPic019-1.jpg

AugPic025.jpg

Good to see the guys in action again, I almost thought for minute that hockey season was right around the corner.

Brindy looked sharp as ever.

willy was a beast and had some very nice goals.

larose was just as loud and crazy as you would expect, had a few sloppy passes, but I don't know if hes just goofing off because its practice or not.

wardo was also a stand out imo, he seemed very focused for a pick up practice.

sorry if the pics are too big btw.

They pretty much start at 10am sharp. By 11:15 most are off of the ice. One hour is a long time to be out there, but a few do hang around.

It was really great to be able to see some of the guys again! I was impressed the most today by Brindy. He was really giving it and looked like he'd never been injured. I also thought that Dennis looked really good. I have a great feeling about that guy for this year. Good to see Borer there too. Aaron Ward was there and played good, but shook hands with Rod when he left the ice. Does that mean he's headed north? I'm just so ready for hockey it hurts...

Wasn't sure where Bates was as far as signing, so asked him earlier this week. Said he was signed with Toronto, but wasn't sure about Major/Minors. His name wasn't on the Leafs roster Monday, but it is now. He's probably getting ready to head North too.

GO JAYS!!!!!

Good to see most of the guys back this AM (No non-Canes) The Pond Hockey was great. Seems

to have stepped up a notch in intensity. The guys with contracts are smiling, those with out, are

gritting thier teeth!

Staal looks awesome for so early in the season.

Funny to see the SUV'S with U-hauls parked next to JWilli's rocket ship (Ferrari) and a Maserati,

(Gleason?). Oh to be a 20 something millionaire.

Oldracer

^I don't think he's here yet.

Kaberle was back yesterday and we got a couple more making their first appearance today. For the folks worried about Cullen, he's not here b/c his wife is expecting their 2nd child any day now.

Defenseman Frantisek Kaberle was among the newcomers today at the Canes' informal workouts at the RecZone.

Kaberle, whose name has been tossed about in possible trade scenarios the past few months, said he was physically fit and excited about a new season

went to the practice today, took some pics, actually took a lot of pics, but my crappy cheapo camera only a few came out good.

AugPic011.jpg

AugPic013.jpg

AugPic014.jpg

AugPic016.jpg

AugPic019-1.jpg

AugPic025.jpg

Good to see the guys in action again, I almost thought for minute that hockey season was right around the corner.

Brindy looked sharp as ever.

willy was a beast and had some very nice goals.

larose was just as loud and crazy as you would expect, had a few sloppy passes, but I don't know if hes just goofing off because its practice or not.

wardo was also a stand out imo, he seemed very focused for a pick up practice.

sorry if the pics are too big btw.

1 Question though..

Im still wondering who's that with the Leafs shirt. Blues, and Bruins..

Jeff? umm.. :blink:

^According to Chip Pitkanen was there today:

For the first time since the big trade, Joni Pitkanen put on a Canes sweater today and took the ice with his new teammates at the RecZone.

Pitkanen, a 6-foot-3, 215-pound defenseman who came to Carolina in the deal that sent popular forward Erik Cole to Edmonton, said he arrived in Raleigh on Wednesday night. He said the reception from the other players today was "really good" and that he was eager to get started.