The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

Not showing up for some reason. But, I did go to the link in the first post you did. The Canes one is cool, but I'd like it better if the sleeve ends were in black ( instead of white ) and if it was a tie up.

DRY HUMOR ALERT:

They could always put Stormy on the front too...

And some more...

canesjersey-1a.PNGHartford%20Whalers.jpg

carhome%20red%20copy.jpgCar_Home_Jersey.jpg

Not sure where, but I know we have a couple threads about the alternate jersey coming for next season. The actual jersey hasnt been confirmed yet but as soon as it is released, we'll all know very quickly.

The site you linked to is from a guy who runs these voting contests all the time about logos.

Not sure where, but I know we have a couple threads about the alternate jersey coming for next season. The actual jersey hasnt been confirmed yet but as soon as it is released, we'll all know very quickly.

The site you linked to is from a guy who runs these voting contests all the time about logos.

Thats pretty cool, do you think that it would look better with 2 flags on the hockey stick? I would like to see what that looks like. For those that don't know, you fly 1 flag for a Gale, 2 for a hurricane. Not a big thing but a bit of info / trivia there. I agree that the sleeves would look better if black on the bottom. The Habs one is pretty smart also.

i like the idea of the one's with the waves along the bottom, pretty cool.

Tampa Bay had something similar on one of their previous jerseys. It lasted 1 season, and for good reason. The waves look terrible.

Tampa Bay had something similar on one of their previous jerseys. It lasted 1 season, and for good reason. The waves look terrible.

i couldnt see them using the wave, there's no way they would, but i liked the idea, something i hadnt seen on all these alternate jersey's we're supposed to be getting..

2 flags yes.

one flag is only a gale warning, 2 = hurricane

Thats pretty cool, do you think that it would look better with 2 flags on the hockey stick? I would like to see what that looks like. For those that don't know, you fly 1 flag for a Gale, 2 for a hurricane. Not a big thing but a bit of info / trivia there. I agree that the sleeves would look better if black on the bottom. The Habs one is pretty smart also.

Those would be sweet jerseys to use rather than alternates.

Now that I've looked at them a few times, I agree with you, make a few minor changes and I'd buy one tomorrow, I'm ready for a change, how about you guys?

By the way, wasn't there a time that they called them sweaters? Do they still?

haha thats awesome. i've told my friends for the past couple years that the Canes should get a black alternate jersey with the flag shoulder patch on the front. i'd love to see it actually happen

I may be a Los Angeles Kings fan, but I also agree with the potential alternate black uniforms...I've been hoping you guys would have uniforms like that in the past since coming to flair country in 1997. To tell you the truth, I actually hate the piping around the shoulders on the current jerseys :mellow:

Meanwhile, I saw a idea for our potential 3rd jersey...and I hope they don't bring back the shield from our early STAPLES Center days, that thing was horrible and the new crown looks better anyways. Not to sound biased about my team but I think we have one of the best underrated logos in the NHL today lol

oh yeah, what's the deal with the Goal Horn out there at your house? is that a Ferry or a Train? either way, it's loud and nice...