The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

The new sweaters are way cool, now I have to have one, most def! Is the entire uniform (helmets, pants, socks, gloves) black, or just the sweaters? From what I've seen, when NHL teams wear alternate sweaters, it's usually the just sweater that's different, the rest is the same as the regular home (dark colored) uniform.

I like them, I like them alot. There goes $200 out the door.

don't feel bad, my gf and I always wear the same color jerseys, she wants samsonov's number on hers and i want stormy's. I figure i am looking at $500+.

The new sweaters are way cool, now I have to have one, most def! Is the entire uniform (helmets, pants, socks, gloves) black, or just the sweaters? From what I've seen, when NHL teams wear alternate sweaters, it's usually the just sweater that's different, the rest is the same as the regular home (dark colored) uniform.

Everything is black. Pants, socks, gloves, helmets. They said they played with the idea of red pants, but all agreed that the black looked much better.

YZjNDXdw4S_thumb_pic3.png

OK, I get it. That was a real pic of Ward, Staal and Gleason in new uniforms. At first I thought it was photo-shopped :blush:

Screen shot, I suck at Photoshop.

They joked saying that the black made them look bigger. Timmy looked huge. I was like WOW when I saw him. I am digging the Back in Black song for us. I wasn't going to the carnival until later, but it looks as if I will get there so I can look and get me a new jersey. I wonder if they will have any player numbers available, without having to send them to get stitched. I want to have it for the Oct. 13 game.

They joked saying that the black made them look bigger. Timmy looked huge. I was like WOW when I saw him. I am digging the Back in Black song for us. I wasn't going to the carnival until later, but it looks as if I will get there so I can look and get me a new jersey. I wonder if they will have any player numbers available, without having to send them to get stitched. I want to have it for the Oct. 13 game.

I was thinking the same thing, I wonder what the cost of the new ones with players numbers will be??

I was thinking the same thing, I wonder what the cost of the new ones with players numbers will be??

I would think it would follow the same guidelines as the others. they said youth ones would start at $80 to $200 plus depending on whether or not you go authentic, replica, and whatever player numbers you want.

I think the new jersey and uniforms are great. They look like the STORM BEFORE THE EYE BLOWS EVERYONE AWAY!!!!!!!!

Also, I think the socks are awesome.

It looks simply awesome! :D

Not exactly like the one above that's been going around for awhile now, but I think it's even better myself.

And for those who keep going on about one flag instead of two, it should finally be put to rest (thanks to the answer by the Canes at the press conference, and I just verified the answer at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_watch' target="_blank">Wikipedia[/post]) - one flag still does signify a hurricane. One flag is a hurricane watch (meaning a hurricane can hit within 36 hours), and two flags is a hurricane warning (can hit within 24 hours). So yes, doubters, the one flag is still a hurricane. :P

A Hurricane at 36 hours before it hits tho...I'd rather have our Canes hit within the 24-hour time period, that way it can be more, IMMINENT!(sp)

:lol:

I would probably figure about $200.00 for the premier with a name and number on it. Not too bad, same price as the other ones. I can't wait to see it in person! :)

So the question now is, how long before these become our official at home jerseys? I'm not saying it will happen, but if you look at a lot of teams who've had 3rds that looked better than their standard jerseys, sometimes made them their primary one.

Look at Columbus, (old)black Washington Caps jersey,Ottawa, Calgary and probably some others I can't think of right off the top of my head

Of course those are those like the Stars, Preds, and Sabres who had crappy ones and just left them as thirds and didn't use them much or just got rid of them

Oh wait Buffalo still uses that crappy one with the banana slug on it.......

Though I think it is very lame for an adult to wear a jersey to a hockey game, I must admit if I were to purchase a jersey, this would be my choice.

I think it would have been cooler to cut all the red out and make it just black and grey. But all along I was holding on to the dream of using the primary Whalers colors since they did have about the sweetest uniforms in the history of the NHL.

Though I think it is very lame for an adult to wear a jersey to a hockey game, I must admit if I were to purchase a jersey, this would be my choice.

I think it would have been cooler to cut all the red out and make it just black and grey. But all along I was holding on to the dream of using the primary Whalers colors since they did have about the sweetest uniforms in the history of the NHL.

I guess I am lame then but I AM PROUD OF IT! :P

I think it is very lame for an adult to wear a jersey to a hockey game.

Man didn't realize that I was being lame at every home game for the last 5 years. Wake up call for me - guess I'll have to do like they do in Chapel Hill and wear a light blue buttondown and khaki slacks to all the games.

Oh yeah and I better quit yelling so loud too. What have I been thinking all these years - time to grow up ;)

So... you're saying that the majority of hockey fans, and 90% of Canadians are lame?

Hope you are not talking about those all-green uni's.

I like the black jersey. I have always liked the flag/stick logo, and I'm glad to see it on the front. But I'm not ready to say it's the best of the lot. I still like the reds, especially with a Stanley Cup patch on them.

Does anyone know when the new uniforms will be available at The Eye?

Oh yeah.. put me in the lame column as well :P Altho, I do think it's kind of lame for people to wear jerseys/uniforms to bars or parties, unless it's a game watching party or pre/post game bar meet up.