The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

Speaking of hockey equipment (sweaters, etc.,) what goalie changed the color of his pads because they were conducive to goals being scored? Wardo would look BAD with black pads, I think -- unless black is a psychological advantage for the shooter.

I'm not sure but I think black is supposed to make you look smaller than white. Otherwise all those cocktail dresses the ladies wear would be white. <_<

The new uni ROCKS!!! I have always liked the alternate logo. Now if I can just find a hat in black with the alternate logo I'll be set. I am also a LAME kinda guy. I have the road and home sweater, Staal and Brindamour, respectively. So, I need to decide on who will be my guy in black, so to speak. I sure like Sammy, but RUUTU may be my guy. Besides, its alot of fun screaming RUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUU!!!! See ya'll at the RBC. Section 124, Row R. Go CANES!

The puck is black too, I wonder if there are certain restrictions on how black your goalie pads can be, because it may make it difficult to make certain calls if a play goes under review. Although I am pretty sure there are goalies with black pads. And yeah, Cam would look BA with black pads.

@coastal, you know its RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU not RUUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUU

They're decent enough for me. Not great. Not terrible.

Although I don't care for the silver & black flags at the waist. I guess they were going for it to look like the standard jerseys but with the colors reversed, but I think they look like more like floor tiles or something. A plain stripe would've been better.

Speaking of hockey equipment (sweaters, etc.,) what goalie changed the color of his pads because they were conducive to goals being scored? Wardo would look BAD with black pads, I think -- unless black is a psychological advantage for the shooter.

I'm not sure but I think black is supposed to make you look smaller than white. Otherwise all those cocktail dresses the ladies wear would be white. <_<

The problem with colored pads..a la Fleury and Ward (at the beginning of the season last year) is that it makes the spaces between the pads and the ice easier to see. If they are white they aren't as apparent. Which, I think, is why Ward only wore the red pads for a very short time.

I love the 3rds.and count me in on club lame as I wear a jersey to most games.

Like the way people have laughed at the Blackhawks, Sharks, Senators, Penguins, Ducks and Flyers for wearing all-black uniforms?

Not trying to rag on your opinion, I just don't think that these jerseys will be the laughingstock of the league (especially once Ottawa releases their thirds...).

Never seen the Sharks, Senators, Penguins, Ducks, or Flyers wear ALL black uni's like we will be doing in our thirds. If you have proof show me.

'Hawks are too classic to be laughed at...they could wear pink and people would still respect that original logo and jersey design. We, on the other hand, are the Carolina Hurricanes; the hicks, the toilets, the nascar fans, etc. I just don't think this jersey does much for our already diminished public image. Yes, I realize public image doesn't really matter, but still, can't we at least make others want to envy us? Idk, but I just don't like these jerseys.

And some of you guys are pretty silly, imo. "Hell yea we're gonna look bad in these uni's, baby!"

:lol: come on guys, take a closer look at them and tell me what you think other teams and fanbases are gonna say. They might run from it, but not because it's intimidating.

;)

Never seen the Sharks, Senators, Penguins, Ducks, or Flyers wear ALL black uni's like we will be doing in our thirds. If you have proof show me.

'Hawks are too classic to be laughed at...they could wear pink and people would still respect that original logo and jersey design. We, on the other hand, are the Carolina Hurricanes; the hicks, the toilets, the nascar fans, etc. I just don't think this jersey does much for our already diminished public image. Yes, I realize public image doesn't really matter, but still, can't we at least make others want to envy us? Idk, but I just don't like these jerseys.

And some of you guys are pretty silly, imo. "Hell yea we're gonna look bad in these uni's, baby!"

:lol: come on guys, take a closer look at them and tell me what you think other teams and fanbases are gonna say. They might run from it, but not because it's intimidating.

;)

This lamo club is growing by the minute, lol. Maybe we need a unifying "lamo" avatar in place of the relentless wristband?

Sorry FA, been lurking around some other boards and with the exception of one, its pretty unanimous, they've hit a homerun in the front office.

All I gotta say is this:

TIME TO TO BLACK OUT THE RBC CENTER, Y'ALL!

Wardo does not like the blackout idea. Might not be able to pick up the puck in a sea of black. but wait that would be the same for the other goalie too....

Wonder if black pads would make it harder to see the puck if it is loose under or near Cam?

not a big fan. I had a lot higher hopes for the jersey. Too much black. The eyes should be on the shoulders in color. And the bottom with the Hurricanes flags in black and silver. Hurricane flags are red and black. What happen to the white? Wont be buying this one.

by the 21st, i'll be triple lame, as well. I have an old school away jersey, current home with the white piping, and soon i'll have the F'IN BAD-A BLACK JERSEY with ruutu! i am SO EXCITED for this season to start!!!

collie, make that $300 if you want the authentic version. On sale Sept. 21.

I went to the press conference today and all I can say is I love the new 3rd.

uh...no...

I'd rather be Relentless than lamo

tee hee...but I know where you are going...

This lamo club is growing by the minute, lol. Maybe we need a unifying "lamo" avatar in place of the relentless wristband?

Sorry FA, been lurking around some other boards and with the exception of one, its pretty unanimous, they've hit a homerun in the front office.

My only hope is we have enough black in the shoulder areas for the Wings to wear on their faces when they are worn for the first time. :P

There is no coincidence that PK wants to roll them out VS the Wings.

I can't wait till that game!

Its not bad. I don't care for the silver armbands, red by itself would have been fine. I also don't care for the arrow-down socks. They look like something out of the 60s.

Red Storm, I'd guess about 4-500 fans were present. We sat in the south end on the lower level. The third or fourth photo in the gallery is a shot from behind the players looking at the crowd.

collie, make that $300 if you want the authentic version. On sale Sept. 21.

I went to the press conference today and all I can say is I love the new 3rd.

Really? Dang 300 beans is a lot of beans. If there actually was a blackout of the stadium they would gross over $5 million on uniforms.

I guess it's just too abstract for me lol. Complete blackness on ice...they'll be laughing at us for ages.

I frequent HF alot and our main jersey always gets laughed at, saying the logo looks like a toilet flushing. When the pictures of these were posted, they all love it. Think it looks better than our red/white jerseys. Its getting pretty high reviews from other fans. Not that I care what other fans think, but find it interesting that they actually like something that has to do with the Canes.

Would it not be great when we wear the Blacks, for the opponent to go home muttering about a "bad day at black rock."

Of course the blacks are not going to intimidate anybody... but how many Hells Angels do you see riding around with green or orange or yellow or light blue motorcycle gear on? Ya wanna know why? Cause Black is Bad, that's why.

Colors do make a difference. Gary Player played in black his entire career and I recall reading where he said it was purposeful. Notra Dame breaks out its special Irish Green jerseys on special occassions. We talked on this board about the need to be tougher all last year. Well, "tough" is attitude, not size. I have no way of knowing if the wearing of all black will give anybody any attitude or not, but it can't hurt.

I suspect we got a fan or 2 on this board who hasn't fully converted to Caniacism and is just a little jealous that the Canes got a great building to play in, great uni designs and look like we might have a pretty powerful team this year. Well, get over it. The Canes are first class in all regards and it's gonna start showing on Sept 25. GO CANES

;)

You, my friend, seem to be are a chorus of one on the subjects of our new black jerseys as well as on the "awesomeness" of the Whaler uniforms.

----------------

Now playing: Cadillac Sky - Inside Joke[/post]

via FoxyTunes