The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

The puck is black too, I wonder if there are certain restrictions on how black your goalie pads can be, because it may make it difficult to make certain calls if a play goes under review. Although I am pretty sure there are goalies with black pads. And yeah, Cam would look BA with black pads.

@coastal, you know its RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU not RUUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUU

Dude, don't correct my screamin'. I never received instructions and it's MY STH SEAT. Get over it. RUUUUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUU!!!!!

This lamo club is growing by the minute, lol. Maybe we need a unifying "lamo" avatar in place of the relentless wristband?

Sorry FA, been lurking around some other boards and with the exception of one, its pretty unanimous, they've hit a homerun in the front office.

Now I never said anything about anyone being lame. That was someone else a few pages ago, and the comment was "people who wear their uni's at games are lame" or something like that. I didn't bring it up, never would say anything like that, so don't associate me with this new group that uses the word lame.

And quite frankly I'm stunned anyone could like the jersey. I'll have to ask other fans myself.

I frequent HF alot and our main jersey always gets laughed at, saying the logo looks like a toilet flushing. When the pictures of these were posted, they all love it. Think it looks better than our red/white jerseys. Its getting pretty high reviews from other fans. Not that I care what other fans think, but find it interesting that they actually like something that has to do with the Canes.

See I always thought the toilet flushing reference to be a complete joke; I mean you have to imagine pretty hard (and search for an excuse) to say that our originals look like a flushing toiler. We're NC, we have Hurricanes, and that's what the logo is. Couldn't be clearer.

You, my friend, seem to be are a chorus of one on the subjects of our new black jerseys as well as on the "awesomeness" of the Whaler uniforms.

----------------

Now playing: Cadillac Sky - Inside Joke[/post]

via FoxyTunes

Hmmm not sure what this implies, but if you're saying that the classic Whalers uniforms aren't awesome then you must not have seen them yet. One of them was voted best Alternate jersey in NHL history.

My opinion still stands on the new third uni's though; too black, too radical, and just plain ugly. I could care less about standing alone with the opinion. The masses tend to be blinded by one another, and their allegiance.

I think its an ok jersey.. but there's things I dont like about it.. I dont much care for the "all black" hurricane logo on the shoulders.. doesnt quite look right in just black and silver.. I also dont much care for the black and white "hurricane squares" around the bottom of the jersey.. those should be red, like the flag. I like the black jersey.. but I think it should have some color, not just black on black on black.. the chest logo and the arm stripes just arent quite enough color. I liked the model jersey on here that was made up of the standard colored logos on a black jersey with the red band around the bottom.. I thought that looked sharp, but I could understand the arguement it wasnt exactly "different" just black.

The sad thing is, the only comments its getting on places like WRAL.com is "One flag is only a tropical storm.. not a hurricane.. wow Canes fans are stupid....Oh well, there fans wouldnt know what it means anyway." Obviously theres always gonna be haters.. and they are obviously NOT fans of the team.. but I love how ignorant they are.. First, we all know what the flags mean.. we live in North Carolina for gods sake... the Hurricane capitol of the world... also its not a "New" logo.. its been the alternate logo for 10 years, and we like it and we are at peace with it... and lastly, the two flags just look stupid and takes up too much room... regardless of the symbol of what one flag means and what two flags mean, it is still called a "Hurricane Flag".. look it up at a boating store.. they dont call them, tropical storm warning flags... LOL :)

Now I never said anything about anyone being lame. That was someone else a few pages ago, and the comment was "people who wear their uni's at games are lame" or something like that. I didn't bring it up, never would say anything like that, so don't associate me with this new group that uses the word lame.

And quite frankly I'm stunned anyone could like the jersey. I'll have to ask other fans myself.

The lamo reference was for all those declaring they were lame for wearing team jersey's to game and it had nothing to do with your post, not to worry. I just found it funny how many folks spoke up, that's all.

Why is it so hard to believe that others may like it as much as you hate it?

The new uni ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! The Socks are HOT and complete the look!!!!!!!! I can't wait! Screw what other people think! Change is good sometimes and I think these are Awesome! Too bad I can't afford one..... :( But one day I will have me one!

I think its an ok jersey.. but there's things I dont like about it.. I dont much care for the "all black" hurricane logo on the shoulders.. doesnt quite look right in just black and silver.. I also dont much care for the black and white "hurricane squares" around the bottom of the jersey.. those should be red, like the flag. I like the black jersey.. but I think it should have some color, not just black on black on black.. the chest logo and the arm stripes just arent quite enough color. I liked the model jersey on here that was made up of the standard colored logos on a black jersey with the red band around the bottom.. I thought that looked sharp, but I could understand the arguement it wasnt exactly "different" just black.

The sad thing is, the only comments its getting on places like WRAL.com is "One flag is only a tropical storm.. not a hurricane.. wow Canes fans are stupid....Oh well, there fans wouldnt know what it means anyway." Obviously theres always gonna be haters.. and they are obviously NOT fans of the team.. but I love how ignorant they are.. First, we all know what the flags mean.. we live in North Carolina for gods sake... the Hurricane capitol of the world... also its not a "New" logo.. its been the alternate logo for 10 years, and we like it and we are at peace with it... and lastly, the two flags just look stupid and takes up too much room... regardless of the symbol of what one flag means and what two flags mean, it is still called a "Hurricane Flag".. look it up at a boating store.. they dont call them, tropical storm warning flags... LOL :)

Everyone I've talked to, Canes fans...and even the Thrashers board thinks they're the best 3rd jersey to come out, they love em!

just sayin'... ;)

Anyone notice Gleason looked like a box, with a bulging stomach yesterday? I thought black was a slimming color.

I like the fact they omitted that pipeline around the top that make our regular home/away jersies look like they belong on the Value City discount rack. They really take the 9 years before and instantly make the jersey look like.....something a youth team would wear with one swoosh of a line.

Well if all else fails this year, we can always throw our own guys in the goal since we'll look like 6 huge pucks on the ice ;) Mr. Magoo would prolly give us the goal before goalie interference to.

See I always thought the toilet flushing reference to be a complete joke; I mean you have to imagine pretty hard (and search for an excuse) to say that our originals look like a flushing toiler. We're NC, we have Hurricanes, and that's what the logo is. Couldn't be clearer.

And that's why our original jersey's are always ranked 28th and 29th in Polls. Alot of people don't like the sightless eye. In fact, alot of fans don't like the Canes b/c we are in the south, so yes, they search high and low for an excuse. We as fans love the sightless eye, but we as fans are the only ones who do. The Canes front office hit a home run with these jersey's. All fanbases are loving them, not just our fans. To me, when you can get fans from other teams saying the jersey is sharp, bada$$ and whatever, the org did a great job. And as fans of this team, it is nice to have people actually liking something about this team and not looking high and low for excuses to not like something.

Admins?! I would like to nominate this for Post of the Year!

Thank you.

And that's why our original jersey's are always ranked 28th and 29th in Polls. Alot of people don't like the sightless eye. In fact, alot of fans don't like the Canes b/c we are in the south, so yes, they search high and low for an excuse. We as fans love the sightless eye, but we as fans are the only ones who do. The Canes front office hit a home run with these jersey's. All fanbases are loving them, not just our fans. To me, when you can get fans from other teams saying the jersey is sharp, bada$$ and whatever, the org did a great job. And as fans of this team, it is nice to have people actually liking something about this team and not looking high and low for excuses to not like something.

Louisana on Line 2...

they sound pissed... better have a cover story ;)

Cuba has been trying to get through too but Castro wont allow it.

Maybe just for you they should make a florecent jersey,would that be colourful enough for ya..jk..I love the jersey myself,I love the black canes logo on the shoulders and I love the black squares,that jerseys gonna be a force to wrecken with this year,cant wait to get mine....

CANADIANCANIAC!!

Where is this love being shown by other fans? I have seen comments from Washington fans saying they hate it, and that it's offbeat. I have yet to come across any other fan (other than a Caniac) declare his or her love of our new third jerseys. Now I haven't gone out and looked for anything, so that's why I'm asking where you guys are seeing all this love from other fans.

Where is this love being shown by other fans? I have seen comments from Washington fans saying they hate it, and that it's offbeat. I have yet to come across any other fan (other than a Caniac) declare his or her love of our new third jerseys. Now I haven't gone out and looked for anything, so that's why I'm asking where you guys are seeing all this love from other fans.

Actually my buddy,a Leafs fan just said that jersey"KICKS *edit*"

Maybe just for you they should make a florecent jersey,would that be colourful enough for ya..jk..I love the jersey myself,I love the black canes logo on the shoulders and I love the black squares,that jerseys gonna be a force to wrecken with this year,cant wait to get mine....

CANADIANCANIAC!!

LOL.. what I meant was that the "eye" is normally three colors, but on this jersey if i'm not mistaken its only two, black and that silver/gray color, so it loses some of its definition.. I think the black jersey with colored logos would look better then black with black logos.. but hey.. I'm only one person.. everyone else seems to love them, and I do think they look awesome.. I just had a few minor adjustments to make. The reason the black squares looks funky is the Hurricane flag is not red cause the Canes want it to be red.. real ones are red.. so the black squares no longer look like hurricanes flags (yeah.. we know what it is, but to others it will just look like geometric shapes)..

As far as florida, yeah, they get hit with a lot of hurricanes too, but most storms take that turn to the north and follow the jetstream and whats sticking out into the ocean like a sore thumb? The NC coast.. thats why we get hit so much and Virginia and North of us dont.. yes of course FL, SC and GA get a lot of landfalls as well.

As far as Lousiana.. they dont have room to complain (too much) yes, Katrina was awful, and then follow that up with Gustav and Ike.. but they really dont get hit that often, and before Katrina they hadnt gotten hit in a long long time.. which is one of the reasons Katrina was so bad.. no one knew what to do...