The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

Never seen the Sharks, Senators, Penguins, Ducks, or Flyers wear ALL black uni's like we will be doing in our thirds. If you have proof show me.

Sharks[/post]

Senators #1

Senators #2

Penguins

Ducks

Flyers

A bit late in response, but all of those contain uniform elements (helmets, gloves, breezers, jerseys) which all utilize black as the primary color. You could make a case for the Flyers and Penguins uniforms not being all black, but they utilize the other colors as accents, not as the focus of the uniform.

Again, not trying to diss your opinion, but we're not the first team to use entirely black uniforms.

Anyways, to go on a tangent from arguing, my only complaints about the jerseys would be:

1.)The grey warning flags at the bottom. That's not the color of a hurricane warning flag. They're red and black. I can live with them though, 'cause focusing on the grey elements of our uniforms really accentuates the "storm" effect we're going for.

2.)Bordering on the numbers should be grey, not white.

3.)Black on black shoulder logo looks sweet, but is hard to see and will probably look god-awful on the Premier replicas.

That said, I still love these jerseys, and hope to eventually get one (maybe a #25 Pitkanen if he really blossoms here).

And that concludes my post.

The state of Florida is on line 1 for you.

Actually, before a few years ago when Florida was hammered by a ton of storms in one year, NC actually had the highest number of hurricanes a year. Florida and Louisana may get stronger storms on occasion, but we get more on a typical year, at least historically.

Edit: I should mention that I'm talking about the US.

Dude, don't correct my screamin'. I never received instructions and it's MY STH SEAT. Get over it. RUUUUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUU!!!!!

No need to get all defensive. I'm just saying the chant for Ruutu is RUUUUUUUUUUUUU. I have no problem with you screaming Ruutu, just informing you that the chant is Ruu with no tu. I was not correcting your screaming, and therefore I have nothing to get over.

Actually my buddy,a Leafs fan just said that jersey"KICKS *edit*"

And a Pens friend just told me that the jersey is unbearable to look at.

;)

Add in another Caps fan telling me he hates it, PLUS a 'Canes fan disliking it as well, and that makes 5 people that I know can't stand the jersey. I don't see any proof whatsoever of the rest of the league liking the jersey.

Some of those are classics, while others look just plain ugly, like ours. Idk why, but ours just seem pitch black for some reason.

OH WELL. I'm sick of talking about it lol. And I'm sure you are all tired of hearing me. I'd still like to see proof though of other fans liking our new sweater. And I mean mass fans, not one here or there.

You obviously haven't looked on other teams message boards. I know several Canes fans that are planning on getting one, not to mention they like it, and a couple Buffalo fans who like it as well as a Sharks fan and a Bruins fan. I haven't met one person who doesn't like it. It varies, you see people ripping on it, and others praising it.

This is my view on it: I think this whole trying to prove that it's fugly or it's beautiful is pointless. Say you don't like it, say why, but stop going on about how the other person is wrong. Make your post and prove your point as far as you can. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is dragging on tooooo longggg. The fact is, this is our secondary jersey, and I am pretty sure it's not going to change any time soon.

;)

Add in another Caps fan telling me he hates it, PLUS a 'Canes fan disliking it as well, and that makes 5 people that I know can't stand the jersey. I don't see any proof whatsoever of the rest of the league liking the jersey.

Go over to HF boards. Click on the 3rd jersey link on the main NHL page and go over to the Canes page and click on the 3rd jersey link. You'll find fans of the Caps, Habs, Pens, Sharks, Sens, Canes, Flyers, Tampa etc etc etc state how they like the Jersey. Comments from: best alternate jersey, to that jersey is bada$$, to that's sharp to I really like that.

Grant it there are a few like yourself that don't like, but ya'll fall in the 2% category ;)

So if you want the proof go there. I would post the links, but I think that's against the rules. I showed you where to find the fans that like it, so I'm done now.

;)

And how r u supposed to get proof is everyone in the league gonna call u.....

Go over to HF boards. Click on the 3rd jersey link on the main NHL page and go over to the Canes page and click on the 3rd jersey link. You'll find fans of the Caps, Habs, Pens, Sharks, Sens, Canes, Flyers, Tampa etc etc etc state how they like the Jersey. Comments from: best alternate jersey, to that jersey is bada$$, to that's sharp to I really like that.

Grant it there are a few like yourself that don't like, but ya'll fall in the 2% category ;)

So if you want the proof go there. I would post the links, but I think that's against the rules. I showed you where to find the fans that like it, so I'm done now.

AMEN!!

This is my view on it: I think this whole trying to prove that it's fugly or it's beautiful is pointless. Say you don't like it, say why, but stop going on about how the other person is wrong. Make your post and prove your point as far as you can. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is dragging on tooooo longggg. The fact is, this is our secondary jersey, and I am pretty sure it's not going to change any time soon.

Problem was everyone went on and said how great it was and then how the rest of the league loved it too, then couldn't tell me where to find all the praise (until CLF now ;)).

I didn't drag it on either; was just responding to certain posts. I'm the minority here, so my voice had to be repeated to the fervent jersey-loving mass.

I just noticed something. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't a hurricane warning flag supposed to be TWO red and black pannants? A single red and black pennant is for a tropical storm..

I went and looked at my canes jersey and it's the same way there, just one flag.. Maybe that's why we didn't make the playoffs- we got downgraded to a tropical storm... LOL

I just noticed something. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't a hurricane warning flag supposed to be TWO red and black pannants? A single red and black pennant is for a tropical storm..

I went and looked at my canes jersey and it's the same way there, just one flag.. Maybe that's why we didn't make the playoffs- we got downgraded to a tropical storm... LOL

Any flag with the black square in the middle is a hurricane flag. Tropical storm is just the red. At least that's what I've seen when I lived on the outer banks

Any flag with the black square in the middle is a hurricane flag. Tropical storm is just the red. At least that's what I've seen when I lived on the outer banks

Here's what I found on it:

Description

Each U.S. Storm Signal Set consists of 2 Hurricane Flags and 2 Gale Pennants. They are used as follows:

Type Wind Speed

1 pennant small craft

warning up to 38 mph

2 pennants gale

warning 39-54 mph

1 flag storm/whole gale

warning 55-73 mph

2 flags hurricane

warning 74+ mph

source- http://flagspot.net/flags/us-storm.html''>http://flagspot.net/flags/us-storm.html' target="_blank">http://flagspot.net/flags/us-storm.html[/post]

I'm just going with what I've seen on the beach before hurricanes. :)

no worries Tang...

Here is Tulsa we have the Golden Hurricanes of Univ. of Tulsa (how a school 600 miles inland adopted Hurricanes for a logo I'll never know). But they always run the field with the two flag configuration after a touchdown. Plus I remembered reading it in a book about signal flags..

maybe at the beach whoever is in charge of the flags has already left before putting up the second one.. LOL

"The Hurricanes' alternate logo actually is a signal for a storm watch, since it uses only one flag. A hurricane warning is indicated by two such flags, but showing two flags flying from the hockey stick would be aesthetically awkward."

So says our wikipedia entry.

I think its funny that this keeps getting brought up, although its cool that most people do know what the real flags mean and therefore notice right away the inaccuracy. Of course its the haters that dont like the team that want to say we are stupid or ignorant because we used to wrong flags... obviously the front office knew what they were doing, and as I mentioned earlier and Tangled reiterates, even just one flag is a "hurricane" flag.. just how they are used in combinations and pairs depends on the strength of the incoming storm. It also doesnt change the fact that the triangle logo with the hockey stick flying the flag looks AWESOME... damn haters... what ya gonna do? LOL If the team name was the Carolina Hurricane Warnings, then we would need the two flags together.. but since we are just the Hurricanes, we use the "Hurricane" flag. How cool is it we are have our own flag?

I just knew that it would keep being brought up, too, which is why I posted the answer provided by the team officials during the press conference and confirmed by Wikipedia all the way back on page 11 before anyone even said anything.

It's not much different than the stuff being spread by those wanting to insult the SE Division that keep saying that only one team ever makes the playoffs, and only makes it in because they won the division. History proves that there is usually two teams in more often than one, and no team has ever been in the playoffs that wouldn't have made it in with their record. Yet it's been repeated so often that even many of us fans from the division believe it to be true if we don't know any better.

Let's stop this false rumor by the 'haters'! The one flag is a hurricane flag. Heck, we've dealt with enough hurricanes here in NC to know better ourselves.

And not saying anyone posting here is a 'hater' - just that this rumor was started by those who want to do nothing more than put down our team, and we should squash this rumor with the truth any time we see it.

I just knew that it would keep being brought up, too, which is why I posted the answer provided by the team officials during the press conference and confirmed by Wikipedia all the way back on page 11 before anyone even said anything.

It's not much different than the stuff being spread by those wanting to insult the SE Division that keep saying that only one team ever makes the playoffs, and only makes it in because they won the division. History proves that there is usually two teams in more often than one, and no team has ever been in the playoffs that wouldn't have made it in with their record. Yet it's been repeated so often that even many of us fans from the division believe it to be true if we don't know any better.

Let's stop this false rumor by the 'haters'! The one flag is a hurricane flag. Heck, we've dealt with enough hurricanes here in NC to know better ourselves.

And not saying anyone posting here is a 'hater' - just that this rumor was started by those who want to do nothing more than put down our team, and we should squash this rumor with the truth any time we see it.

Just to set it all straight, I'm a Canes fan, not a hater. I just happened to notice the one flag and thought it odd. Being from Oklahoma, we don't get many Hurricanes here. I didn't mean to insult anyone or the team. it was just something I noticed.

Just to set it all straight, I'm a Canes fan, not a hater. I just happened to notice the one flag and thought it odd. Being from Oklahoma, we don't get many Hurricanes here. I didn't mean to insult anyone or the team. it was just something I noticed.

Read my last line above. ;)

This is just something that has been going around for so long it seems even some of us Canes fans are starting to believe it. But there's no truth in it whatsoever.

PMPL!!!!!