The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

"dumb" question here: are jersies available in all possible size and numbers/name combinations. Or, does one get a jersey and have his favorite player's name and number stiched in later?

"dumb" question here: are jersies available in all possible size and numbers/name combinations. Or, does one get a jersey and have his favorite player's name and number stiched in later?
I assume they will have the more popular ones(Staal, Brindy, Walker) pre-made. There may be a few unavailable ones.

I called the Eye this morning to inquire about personalization for the alternates. I was informed it would be available immediately, including at the Carnival. I didn't ask about specific players or stitching/heat press options though. I probably should have, I may do that later on.

You know, I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole team skate out in the black uniforms. They need to lower the lights and play the Imperial March from the Star Wars movies like when Darth Vader shows up. At the right times, maybe a few sound clips from the movies like Vader saying "I find your lack of faith disturbing" or the Emperor saying "It is all proceeding as I have forseen".

Yes, I'm a Star Wars geek in addition to being a Caniac, but I think this would be cool to get the fans pumped.

You know, I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole team skate out in the black uniforms. They need to lower the lights and play the Imperial March from the Star Wars movies like when Darth Vader shows up. At the right times, maybe a few sound clips from the movies like Vader saying "I find your lack of faith disturbing" or the Emperor saying "It is all proceeding as I have forseen".

Yes, I'm a Star Wars geek in addition to being a Caniac, but I think this would be cool to get the fans pumped.

"You may fire when ready....."

or... "I sense much fear in you......" (the other team)

How about have the skate out to this

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

Thats a good one, although I'm pretty sure in todays audience Valykries would be a lot less recognizable then Imperial March...

Star Wars would be cliche... Sure it's good enough music, but it's used so much that it would make the Canes look like a high school team.

How about this:

(sorry about the video choice, the real music video has been taken down by copyright monkeys.)

Star Wars would be cliche... Sure it's good enough music, but it's used so much that it would make the Canes look like a high school team.

You are right, Star Wars would be cliche, which is exactly why it would work. Everybody knows it because it has become a part of pop culture.

And to cc, I had forgotten about Dark Helmet. If Moranis isn't using it anymore, it may be the perfect fit for Stormy.

"Do or do not, there is no try"....Yoda

With all due respect, I see you and raise you this....

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

The one good thing about the Wagner piece, the music is in the public domain, thus no royalties.

I'm another Star Wars geek. :P

You guys would have loved to have seen the old Cleveland Force pro indoor soccer team back in the 80's, getting their nickname from the movies. They used to have a guy dressed up as Darth Vader come out as a mascot and played the music and everything. (Wiki: Cleveland Force)

As big a fan as I am of the movies, using too much of it would be cliche. You hear the Imperial March at pretty much every college football game nowadays, and lots of other sporting events. Would be better to have something more unique.

Dunno if it's been brought up yet, but did anyone notice Gleason was wearing #6? Did he just change it for no reason, or did one of the new comers on defense want #42?

Been discussed....somewhere here already. #6 was his first choice when he came here but it wasnt available. I think it was Forslund that said that.....somewhere, lol.

Dunno if it's been brought up yet, but did anyone notice Gleason was wearing #6? Did he just change it for no reason, or did one of the new comers on defense want #42?

Probably wearing it in honor (and with permission) of Hedican. We all know how much Gleason loved being paired with Bret, as he spoke about it in just about every interview.

Plus he was wearing #6 with L.A. the pre-season when he got traded to us, so it's probably been in his plans for a while.

Probably wearing it in honor (and with permission) of Hedican. We all know how much Gleason loved being paired with Bret, as he spoke about it in just about every interview.

Plus he was wearing #6 with L.A. the pre-season when he got traded to us, so it's probably been in his plans for a while.

Hopefully that number (#6) isn't jinxed!! With all the injuries that Brett had!!