The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

aww, thank you guys lol

Yeah, I did my research on the goal horn...this franchise had that horn since the Brass Bonanza days back in Hartford. Our horn...well, what can I really say about the new Kings goal horn except we finally changed that damn thing after 10 years to something good for once: a train whistle or as most kings fans refer to it as "B.M.F.T.W." (big mf'n train whistle) :P

I did find some ideas on what the canes 3rd jerseys could look like:

Canes1.jpg

canes2.jpg

and a idea for the alternate logo...

alternatecaneslogoidea.jpg

as for my team, for you old school fans that remember our "raider days" (black & silver colors)...this pic of Anze Kopitar will seriously make you wonder and say "WHAT IF..." and/or "WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THAT WHEN THEY 1ST MOVED TO STAPLES Center?!?!" :P

KopiInBlack.jpg

I heard on Chuck's radio show that there WOULD NOT be a third jersey due to NHL & RBK contract agreement. Has something changed over the past two months? :huh:

I heard on Chuck's radio show that there WOULD NOT be a third jersey due to NHL & RBK contract agreement. Has something changed over the past two months? :huh:

Chuck was wrong. The Kings have already publicly announced that they'll have third jerseys, and a list from a Canadian retailer has already confirmed that the following teams will have third jerseys this following season:

1. Atlanta Thrashers
  2. Boston Bruins
  3. Buffalo Sabres
  4. Carolina Hurricanes
  5. Chicago Blackhawks
  6. Dallas Stars
  7. Edmonton Oilers
  8. Los Angeles Kings
  9. Minnesota Wild
  10. New York Islanders
  11. Ottawa Senators
  12. Philadelphia Flyers
  13. Phoenix Coyotes
  14. San Jose Sharks
  15. St. Louis Blues
  16. Tampa Bay Lightning
  17. Toronto Maple Leafs
  18. Vancouver Canucks

I did find some ideas on what the canes 3rd jerseys could look like:

Canes1.jpg

canes2.jpg

and a idea for the alternate logo...

alternatecaneslogoidea.jpg

Hmm... thought I posted those... maybe they didn't upload?

Aw heck Chuck's been saying that for months... he's the one who has ALWAYS said there wouldn't be one, frankly I don't believe him any time.

I think that was only for the first year, RBK wanted to have their jerseys alone for one year but after that I think teams were allowed to get 3rd jerseys. Could be wrong but thats what i heard

Hmm... thought I posted those... maybe they didn't upload?

Aw heck Chuck's been saying that for months... he's the one who has ALWAYS said there wouldn't be one, frankly I don't believe him any time.

I saved them to my computer and uploaded them to my photobucket account and pasted the code...did you? or did you just upload the pics from your computer?

I'd love to see a 3rd jersey sometime soon as well. I also wouldn't mind seeing them wear a Whaler's jersey for a pre-season game or something (or at least having them available on video games like NHL 2001 had), but I know that probably wouldn't go over very well up in Hartford. ;)

I also wouldn't mind seeing them wear a Whaler's jersey for a pre-season game or something (or at least having them available on video games like NHL 2001 had), but I know that probably wouldn't go over very well up in Hartford. ;)

Na... No need to bring back... too much red tape to do that... You should have see some of the posts and articles from the early days... good golly...

I saved them to my computer and uploaded them to my photobucket account and pasted the code...did you? or did you just upload the pics from your computer?

I posted the links into the picture area. No need for me to save them on my computer. :)

This will most likely be our third jersey for this year 08-09 season. But one question why are they using the logo from the shoulder patch and not something else? Do other teams do the same thing for their logo on their third jersey? I mean I rather have something else than the flag. Here is the picture.

There is several versions of it so don't believe your eyes in what you see because it could be totally different by this up coming season

caralt.jpg

canes.png

canesjersey-1a.png

canesjersey-2copy.jpg

canesjersey.png

caralt.jpg

carnewlogo.png

I like the bottom one reminds me of the Huston oilers football team.

This is the link my friend sent to me.

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/search/label/hurricanes

I'm fairly sure that we've got other threads on this, but the top one is what JR has said that is what he plans our third jersey to look like, and quite simply, I have no problem with it. These are all fan-made concepts, so there's a chance that we'll get something crazy, but I wouldn't expect it.

As for the logo choice, it's not uncommon for teams to just switch logos. It's better than the travesty that occurs when most teams try to think out of the box. Besides, what other logos do we have to use?

That's true. I couldn't find the other thread for the third jersey so I just made up a new one mainly because there is some more pictures. When will we know that they will announce the third jersey public?

I disagree....I'd like to have a 3rd jersey for "special" nights...Military Appreciation, Breast Cancer, Moms Night, Player Milestones...

I don't like any of them! We only need a home and away jersey. Third jerseys are a waste of time.

Gotta agree they all look terrible and definitly dont want the flag which isn't even a Hurricane flag plastered for everyone to see, notice and make fun of.

I dont think 3rd Jersies are a waste of time, the Rangers Liberty jersies are awesome. But man.... it really looks like we should just walk away from the idea nothing looks good.

This will most likely be our third jersey for this year 08-09 season. But one question why are they using the logo from the shoulder patch and not something else? Do other teams do the same thing for their logo on their third jersey? I mean I rather have something else than the flag. Here is the picture.

There is several versions of it so don't believe your eyes in what you see because it could be totally different by this up coming season

caralt.jpg

canes.png

canesjersey-1a.png

canesjersey-2copy.jpg

canesjersey.png

caralt.jpg

carnewlogo.png

I like the bottom one reminds me of the Huston oilers football team.

This is the link my friend sent to me.

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/search/label/hurricanes''>http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/search/label/hurricanes' target="_blank">http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/search/label/hurricanes[/post]

No the one that says carolina diagonally down the front is the best one by far...

Wow, can't believe all the hate for our alternate logo. Yeah, it's not a hurricane warning flag, it's a storm warning flag. Same thing.

And the Carolina across the jersey looks terrible.

I disagree....I'd like to have a 3rd jersey for "special" nights...Military Appreciation, Breast Cancer, Moms Night, Player Milestones...

Or playoff games... ;)

No the one that says carolina diagonally down the front is the best one by far...

I just think it looks too old-fashioned.

I agree completely Ryan, nice way of putting it.

Only problem Pilige is that it might take up too much space.

And thank you, Frog, because I agree with your entire post.

heres a couple i made real quick

carolina1hc1.jpgcarolina2lf1.jpgcarolina3mf1.jpg

These just prove why we only have one flag on there. It is much more aesthetically pleasing with just one.

As for the Stormy...it would pretty much be asking for people to laugh at us..more than they do already. :lol: