The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

heres a couple i made real quick

carolina1hc1.jpgcarolina2lf1.jpgcarolina3mf1.jpg

I appreciate your hard work .....but no.

That Stormy jersey actually makes the old Anaheim Mighty Ducks jersey look good. :o

heres a couple i made real quick

carolina1hc1.jpgcarolina2lf1.jpgcarolina3mf1.jpg

That Stormy jersey actually makes the old Anaheim Mighty Ducks jersey look good. :o

its just a joke for the people that wanted to see it, and what the two flags would look like

its just a joke for the people that wanted to see it, and what the two flags would look like

I kinda figured as much. But just in case you werent......

I kinda figured as much. But just in case you werent......

It's gonna look like something similar to that, but in the end, all we've got are projects.

Alt-Jersey.jpg

Personally, I'm a fan of that one.

Thats probably exactly what the new jersey will look like, except I'm not sold on the fact that the piping will be red. It very well could be silver for all we know (and I'm willing to bet it is, since both red and white have already been used on the other jerseys)

truth be told, I'd just prefer them to remove the piping altogether, shrink down the shoulder stripes to what they were before Reebok futzed with them, and just revert back to the old style, but perhaps thats just wishing too much in this day and age

I personally like the red piping, I don't think there would be a better color for the piping. And I can see what you're saying about reverting back to the original jerseys, but you know they won't, but you can wish! I like the piping personally.

I still can't get over the piping. Everytime I look at a RBK jersey all I can think is Star Trek.

I thought wearing the jersey more would help break that mental picture... nope, I still think it.

Spot on there! Your the only other person I've seen make that specific comment. I hate the piping too...kinda reminds me of garland on a Christmas tree.

Hopefully...when, and if, the 3rd jersey comes out, they drop the piping.

I still can't get over the piping. Everytime I look at a RBK jersey all I can think is Star Trek.

I thought wearing the jersey more would help break that mental picture... nope, I still think it.

I don't much care for it either... the white stripe on the red jersey is hideous... the red stripe on the white jersey is not as bad.. i guess the darker color on the all white?

When they announced the new RBK edge jerseys i thought they looked terrible, but i didnt think we had a choice, now I look and only a few teams have the stripe like we have... so why did we do it? LOL... some of the new jerseys are very old and traditional looking (lace up necks, solid colors etc) and they look great... I think the Cane's new jerseys just look weird. I'm not sure I dig the idea of a third jersey for us either... when would be ever wear it? Its not a throwback like some of the other teams (wouldnt it be neat to see the guys in new Whalers jerseys? LOL)...

Another thing I dont care for, is the new "tight fitting" jerseys... as a pretty big guy.. a CCM or KOHO 2XL was the right size for me with a 52-54 chest... it doesnt fit very loose, but it fits. Now, the new RBK jerseys the 2XL is a 48 chest and doesnt come close to fitting me, and they dont make a replica jersey any bigger then that.. so when it comes time for me to get a new jersey I will have to drop 300$ on an authentic one so I can get it in 56 so that it will fit. I dont understand how that can be that tight and fit over pads, and heck.. why did they have to make the replicas that small anyway?? Just a small beef from a hard to fit fan.

I don't much care for it either... the white stripe on the red jersey is hideous... the red stripe on the white jersey is not as bad.. i guess the darker color on the all white?

When they announced the new RBK edge jerseys i thought they looked terrible, but i didnt think we had a choice, now I look and only a few teams have the stripe like we have... so why did we do it? LOL... some of the new jerseys are very old and traditional looking (lace up necks, solid colors etc) and they look great... I think the Cane's new jerseys just look weird. I'm not sure I dig the idea of a third jersey for us either... when would be ever wear it? Its not a throwback like some of the other teams (wouldnt it be neat to see the guys in new Whalers jerseys? LOL)...

Another thing I dont care for, is the new "tight fitting" jerseys... as a pretty big guy.. a CCM or KOHO 2XL was the right size for me with a 52-54 chest... it doesnt fit very loose, but it fits. Now, the new RBK jerseys the 2XL is a 48 chest and doesnt come close to fitting me, and they dont make a replica jersey any bigger then that.. so when it comes time for me to get a new jersey I will have to drop 300$ on an authentic one so I can get it in 56 so that it will fit. I dont understand how that can be that tight and fit over pads, and heck.. why did they have to make the replicas that small anyway?? Just a small beef from a hard to fit fan.

I have the opposite problem. Nothing at The Eye ever fits me because I'm thin. My friend who has a similar problem asked the cashier if they had a certain shirt in small and he replied "maybe we have something in the women's section."