The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

I have the opposite problem. Nothing at The Eye ever fits me because I'm thin. My friend who has a similar problem asked the cashier if they had a certain shirt in small and he replied "maybe we have something in the women's section."

Do like i do and check out the "youth" sizes. Ya may find something...and they are a little cheaper that "adult" sizes too. ;)

Personally I wouldnt mind if i had to wear a M or L and it be a little baggy, but thats just me. It's not just the Eye thats the problem.. its hard to find Tshirts anyway larger then a 2XL (other then a big and tall section)... and some 2X's fit good and some dont.. I try to grab a 3X if i can to be sure it will fit. The trick with the jerseys is they dropped like a full size... 46-48 should be XL and not XXL...

Oh well, my next jersey purchase will probably be authentic ones anyway. I plan on getting a pair of matching jerseys for me and my fiancee when we get married.

Hearing some of this talk makes me glad I got an old replica when I did. I wear 2XL as well because I like a little extra room in a shirt. An XL tends to be pretty tight around my shoulders and arms, and even with 2XL I have to be careful for shrinkage or the ones that aren't quite 2XL. The big and tall stuff doesn't work for me, either. I'm tall, but not a toothpick, which is what the tall stuff tends to be made for. So I got an old 2XL home jersey.

Sucks if my only real choice now is to buy an authentic jersey with the new considering the price differences between replicas and authentics, and then how the prices have gone up from the old to the new at that.

Back more to the original topic, I'm not a big fan of the lines on the new jerseys, either. I don't like how most sports teams in every sport and league are going for some sort of "futuristic" look. Maybe I'm just too much of a traditionalist. I'd really prefer if they'd go back to the old style design with the new jersey without the lines plus add in the new third jersey based around the same, just in black.

It's gonna look like something similar to that, but in the end, all we've got are projects.

Alt-Jersey.jpg

Personally, I'm a fan of that one.

Yeah That One Rocks!

100% That The 3rd Alt Jersey Needs to Be Mostly Black (75%), Then Silver (12%), Then White(8%), Then Red(5%)

Personally, I still think it needs to have ties... :(

Yeah That One Rocks!

100% That The 3rd Alt Jersey Needs to Be Mostly Black (75%), Then Silver (12%), Then White(8%), Then Red(5%)

Yeah That One Rocks!

I'm with you on everything but the white and red. More red, less white. Like give it red numbers and letters with a white/silver border. The jersey should look dark and intimidating, and the black/grey/red combo just sounds more like that than one with more white.

It's gonna look like something similar to that, but in the end, all we've got are projects.

Alt-Jersey.jpg

I just got a tattoo yesterday of that logo in the middle, so I would be pretty pumped if this were the jersey of the future.

And that's nowhere close to what it'll be. In Luke's blog, he confirms that it will be black with he current secondary logo. No modified, unbalanced and otherwise horrific looking logo. All that the two flag version does is prove why the real logo has one flag.

I'm still impatiently waiting for some official word/release dates for our proposed third jerseys.

That's a cool one. I like it. They almost look like a baseball jersey or something I guess cause of the dark colors.

I'm with you on everything but the white and red. More red, less white. Like give it red numbers and letters with a white/silver border. The jersey should look dark and intimidating, and the black/grey/red combo just sounds more like that than one with more white.

Exactly like the New Jersey Devils Jerseys or Old Buffalo Sabres Jerseys.

Then we can Black Out if we make it to the playoffs!

Were season ticket holders and my dad said he got an email showing the new jerseys.

I don't believe him but he said he was serious.

Anyone get an email of the new jerseys?

He said they were black and had the flag on them.

Were season ticket holders and my dad said he got an email showing the new jerseys.

Nope, haven't got one.

Me either. (neither?)

With the alternate, I'll have a good excuse to keep my red Cole jersey for Edmonton games and special occasions and get a new one this year. Now... who to choose, that is the question.

Gotta agree they all look terrible and definitly dont want the flag which isn't even a Hurricane flag plastered for everyone to see, notice and make fun of.

I dont think 3rd Jersies are a waste of time, the Rangers Liberty jersies are awesome. But man.... it really looks like we should just walk away from the idea nothing looks good.

Do you really think that if we as "hockey fans" don't know any better than to refer to the sweaters as "jerseys," the hockey fans around the country will have a clue that's not a hurricane flag? At least it's not that Godawful Lumpy whale.

Perhaps I'm too quick on the trigger with the sweater vs. jersey comment. After reading nearly every comment on this thread refer to them as jerseys, maybe the reference has been changed. I wonder what the original six are calling them?

Alt-Jersey.jpg

Hi Froggy,

I heard or read that the black sleeve end was going to be white.... I hope this was misinformation.

I just got a tattoo yesterday of that logo in the middle, so I would be pretty pumped if this were the jersey of the future.

IMO,I dont like the warning sign as a jersey...

Hope that season ticket holders can choose an alternate jersey as one of the prises!

I am hoping for that too, since I already have a red 1 and a white 1. It would be nice to get this 1 as a "reward", w/ the STH patch and all.

I'm at a loss as to why people are saying it's not a hurricane flag.

It's a red square with a black square in the middle. That's the flag used to indicate a hurricane. A tropical storm is a solid red square, no black at all.

And the number of flags determines how severe the storm is. One flag (both hurricane and tropical storm) indicates it's a Watch. Two flags indicates it's a Warning.

I'm at a loss as to why people are saying it's not a hurricane flag.

It's a red square with a black square in the middle. That's the flag used to indicate a hurricane. A tropical storm is a solid red square, no black at all.

And the number of flags determines how severe the storm is. One flag (both hurricane and tropical storm) indicates it's a Watch. Two flags indicates it's a Warning.

image002.jpg