The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

Does it really matter if the front logo is one flag? Like some other people have said, the two flags is way too busy. Besides, the logo is a tattered flag. Maybe the other one blew off from the force of the hurricane. ;)

Does it really matter if the front logo is one flag? Like some other people have said, the two flags is way too busy. Besides, the logo is a tattered flag. Maybe the other one blew off from the force of the hurricane. ;)

:lol: I like that argument. It is really asthetic. I think most canes fans groan at it, becuas eit ends up being another argument to have with other fans that think we have no right to exist.

the true meaning of the single flag is gale force winds, regardless of the storm generating them.

Could it be that 'gale force,' and 'Gale Force' have something in common? Wasn't or isn't Gale Force the name of the RBC management company?

Could it be that 'gale force,' and 'Gale Force' have something in common? Wasn't or isn't Gale Force the name of the RBC management company?
You are indeed correct.

This is the info on the Canes third jersey, which has been seen by Toronto broadcaster Howard Berger:

CAROLINA: The Hurricanes will introduce a black third jersey, with red and white trim

I'm calling BS!

10 Stars?

Maybe for last year but not this year?

10 Stars - What does that have to do with anything?

And I doubt are primary logo will be on it.

I don't many Alt 3rd jerseys with the primary logo.

BS!

I don't car what it looks like.

As long as its BLACK, SILVER, GRAY, and WHITE!

Every team in the league except the Detroit Red Wings, New Jersey Devils, and Carolina Hurricanes have introduced a third jersey at one point since the program began (though Carolina is rumored to have a third jersey for the 2008-09 season).

Howard Berger is a respected journalist in the Toronto area and has seen photos of this, as well as most other third jerseys. That is the way he described the photo of the jersey sent to him by a source within the Hurricanes or leagues front office. It may also be a leak from RBK themselves, who know what every jersey will look like, as they have to make them.

I'm saying it'll never happen because JR stated the front will have the storm warning flag, and that journalist mentioned that our main logo will be on the front.

True, although he never specified which logo, he just said it's the red one inside a white triangle. Could just be a recolored version of the storm warning flag.

I just don't get the stars, like for real, *edit*?

Hopefully it's not true, and we'll just resort to a recolored/relogoed primary.

I'm saying it'll never happen because JR stated the front will have the storm warning flag, and that journalist mentioned that our main logo will be on the front.

True, although he never specified which logo, he just said it's the red one inside a white triangle. Could just be a recolored version of the storm warning flag.

I just don't get the stars, like for real, *edit*?

Hopefully it's not true, and we'll just resort to a recolored/relogoed primary.

My guess is that it's the same jersey that was intended to be released last season... they just didn't change it even though it is being released this year rather than last. Don't knock it until you see it. I have no reason to doubt him on this. He has givin in depth descriptions on other teams jerseys as well and if he is blatantly wrong here it would be a strong knock on his integrity as a journalist. He has no motivation to lie or make up a story about something like this whatsoever.

*edit* 10 Stars= 10th State?

I spoke with the people at the Eye last Thursday and they said the black 3rd jersey was supposed to be available for sale on 9/21, but they will be delayed. Hopefully she was misinformed, but who knows. Has anyone else heard of this delay?