The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

Don't worry this is BS.

STARS LOL

haha STARS

Dear God:

I'm seeing stars... and it's not turning out so well. Please cure this nightmare before it even begins... the pain and torture...

Amen

"And our forecast for today sportsfans...

Well, partly cloudy with a chance of 10 white stars and a white triangle.

But by the weekend, I see a Hurricane warning flag on my chest with an Eye one my shoulder."

Well, that's all I got... I was recently at the Eye too, but I heard of 9/21, with no delay. Idk though, maybe my guy was misinformed...

Found this on the net:

CAROLINA: The Hurricanes will introduce a black third jersey, with red and white trim - different than their customary red home uniform with the black and white trim. Each arm will sport red and white angular stripes. The bottom of the jersey will feature a narrow white stripe and a thicker red one. In between, will be 10 white stars. The club's red logo on the uniform front is placed within a white triangle, presumably to honor the famed Research Triangle that dominates the Raleigh-Durham area.

Full article is here.

This is the info on the Canes third jersey, which has been seen by Toronto broadcaster Howard Berger:

CAROLINA: The Hurricanes will introduce a black third jersey, with red and white trim

Someone on another board thought the stars could be for the military (Fort Bragg, Cherry Point, Camp Lejune). Since this 3rd jersey is supposed to be about the state, that's a good explanation. And for the 10, maybe that's all they could fit. *shrug*

My mental image doesn't look good, but if its done properly, it could look pretty decent.

caralt.jpg

I think this is the white triangle around the alternate logo hes talking about, as for the stars, maybe he is visually impaired and they are actually the red and black squares.

I appreciate your hard work .....but no.

That Stormy jersey actually makes the old Anaheim Mighty Ducks jersey look good. :o

I love the Stormy,i say we do it...

caralt.jpg

I think this is the white triangle around the alternate logo hes talking about, as for the stars, maybe he is visually impaired and they are actually the red and black squares.

Until I hear different, this is the story Im going with. <_<

What is the red logo? But yeah brining up the 10 stars I'm confused about that. Maybe because 10 stars for? But I'm looking forward for this one to come out. Will we have a road version of this but for a white uniform to? That would be interesting.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but why would they have 10 stars symbolizing our 10 seasons played? I'm guessing they're going to keep this 3rd jersey around for many seasons to come and I doubt they'll be adding on more stars. Hopefully the jersey will go over well with fans and marketing so they don't have to pull it.

^Yeah that looks pretty ugly.

The main logo with a triangle behind it just doesn't look right. The secondary logo, has a triangle already, they better be using that one.

^Yeah that looks pretty ugly.

The main logo with a triangle behind it just doesn't look right. The secondary logo, has a triangle already, they better be using that one.

That's what I'm guessing Berger meant by saying the "red logo with a white triangle behind it," and the guy at Icethetics probably just misinterpreted it as being the primary.

Even so, I'm not digging the stars and the odd striping inconsistency at the bottom. I want my warning flags there instead.

I kinda like the "big one"...but with the front of the "little one".

Still would have preferred a lace-up top... :(

We've got a mock-up on the third jerseys based on Berger's description:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SJHZ6Tq2qDI/AAAAAAAAFSs/iH7LI2dTFNA/s1600-h/hockey%20week' target="_blank">http://bp2.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SJHZ6T...h/hockey%20week[/post]

Ours looks fugly based on Berger's description. Please be what JR said it was going to be, not that piece of junk.

EDIT: image won't work for whatever reason, so I just posted a link to it.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SJHZ6Tq2qDI/AAAAAAAAFSs/iH7LI2dTFNA/s1600-h/hockey%20week' target="_blank">http://bp2.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SJHZ6T...h/hockey%20week[/post]

Ours looks fugly based on Berger's description. Please be what JR said it was going to be, not that piece of junk.

That's pretty ugly. The only one that's worse is the Phoenix one with the squirrel running across it! :blink:

Ugh.