The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

Here's my concept.

That is pretty sharp. I like the hurricane warning flags but with it on the arms looks pretty good. Or as I have heard some Canadians say "What is that aztec *edit* going around the base of the Canes jersey" Once explained, they "wowwww" But on the arm, it looks good.

I hope those aren't the final logo? Specially for ours I like the stars etc, but not the front logo I think it should be the warning flag.

Although I know these are for the most part just guesses, I talked to a women with inside info and she said she had a peak at a picture or mock up and she siad they were still tweaking it.

If had to bet a paycheck, I bet it will be nice and people will like it if the Canes are involved. if the league is leading the design, we might be in trouble. The canes, after 10 years, know what the fans like and also want to protect their brand and will not put out a product they can not make a lot of money on. My guess it will be nice.

So the website so known for its jersey signatures, jerseydatabase.com, has released a series of mock-ups towards the third jersey designs. They just did the back of each jersey, but here's what they've done:

http://www.jerseydatabase.com/blog.php?p=22

http://www.jerseydatabase.com/blog.php?p=27

If our third jersey looks anything like that, just with the alternate logo in front instead of the supposed primary in triangle, I'd be more than happy.

So is this going to be the final look?

HurricanesThird.png

No, it's just a concept based off of Berger's description.

I agree with you guys on the stars. I'd rather not have them. If we do have them though, I think I could live with them though.

Edit: smacking myself in the forehead for overusing the word "though"

As with some of the people on this board, I am hoping it is not the "Stars" 3rd, but I have thought of it this way...Could it be a possible homage to Ron Francis...AKA Ronnie Franchise?

We've got a mock-up on the third jerseys based on Berger's description:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SJHZ6Tq2qDI/AAAAAAAAFSs/iH7LI2dTFNA/s1600-h/hockey%20week' target="_blank">http://bp2.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SJHZ6T...h/hockey%20week[/post]

Ours looks fugly based on Berger's description. Please be what JR said it was going to be, not that piece of junk.

EDIT: image won't work for whatever reason, so I just posted a link to it.

I know this doesnt relate to our jersey... but one of the things I noticed on that page was the Tampa Bay jersey (which took me a long time to figure out) with BOLTS across the front... why would they use that? I understand its a nickname.. but its not an offical team name.. its just something the people on TV call them every now and then... I would think they would skate on the ice and people would be like "who the heck are the Bolts?"

As far as the stars.. I dont think they are that terrible, since at least they are different. A black jersey with the hurricane logo, the warning flags etc would just be a black version of the red and white we already have... (kinda like the ladies version they had a few years back that was black with a tie up neck.. like the storm squad wear)... if they use the secondary logo thats good, although I don't prefer it.. and something different around the bottom would be fine with me. Its only gonna be for 9 out of 82 games.. so who cares if they are fugly? People will still buy them and thats the only reason they are doing it anyway.. they wont let us wear a Whalers jersey so its not like we can have a "throwback" like an O6 team. Other then souviner sales I'm not sure why they even decided for us to have an alt-jersey. I guess we will see at the Carnival.

Looks like they want that rarest of Hurricane occasions, a Monday night sell out. Hopefully it confuses the Red Wings enough for a victory!

Just got an email saying that they will be debuting the canes jersey on ice against the red wings.

Oh, sweeet!!!

Just found out we could possibly be getting tickets from the wife's connections at St. Lawrence Homes... right next to the away penalty box...don't be taking any penalties Maltby or Holmstrom, cause I'll be there waitin for ya!!! :lol:

Alternate unis on display Sept. 10

Chip Alexander N&O

Waiting to get a look at the Hurricanes' new alternate uniforms? Next Wednesday will be your first chance.

The team said today that the new uniforms would be on display at a 12:30 p.m. news conference at the RBC Center. Fans are invited to attend and get their first glimpse of the alternate unis the Canes will wear in 15 home games this season

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 4, 2008

Hurricanes To Unveil Alternate Jersey On Sept. 10

Fans and Media Are Invited To 12:30 pm News Conference at the RBC Center

RALEIGH, NC - Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League