The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

Someboby BETTER post a picture for those of us that are out of town or can't make it!

;)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 4, 2008

Hurricanes To Unveil Alternate Jersey On Sept. 10

Fans and Media Are Invited To 12:30 pm News Conference at the RBC Center

RALEIGH, NC - Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League

Yeah me likes the shoulder patch of our primary for the alternate. I think it'll be more Black/Silver than Black/Red. I hope anyways, it would be cool. As for the stars on the bottom, I personally like it the more I see it. It's more unique and I always liked DiPietro's pads design "Stars and Stripes" with the stars border. Anyways, I like it so far, and if it's Black/Silver it would be awesome. I'm just glad we finally get our third jersey.

And for Habs 4 jerseys this year? Haha, and the one that looks like a rainbow of blue/red/white. It's like Where's Waldo only the Canadian version.

I saw the ABC11 6:00 news on 9/4/08.. they did show a picture of the alternate jersey.. it was black as expected.... however, it had yellow around the collar, which looked very odd.. i am not 100% sure if it said "possible" jersey or if it is set in stone, but they did show a picture of the jersey during the sports segment..

I saw the ABC11 6:00 news on 9/4/08.. they did show a picture of the alternate jersey.. it was black as expected.... however, it had yellow around the collar, which looked very odd.. i am not 100% sure if it said "possible" jersey or if it is set in stone, but they did show a picture of the jersey during the sports segment..

Why would we have yellow around the collar? Yellow isn't any of our team colors. That is odd.

Anybody know if the lettering for the 3rd jerseys will be available at the RBC during the carnival?

Got to get a Gleason sweater in the black color this year :D

BTW I looked at the roster on the Canes site and it shows Gleason as #6 - mistake or did I miss something about him taking Hedican's old # ?

Anybody know if the lettering for the 3rd jerseys will be available at the RBC during the carnival?

Got to get a Gleason sweater in the black color this year :D

BTW I looked at the roster on the Canes site and it shows Gleason as #6 - mistake or did I miss something about him taking Hedican's old # ?

You are correct sir, looks like Gleason is going with #6 this year. I kind of liked him with 42 but whatever, guess he's looking for a low number. Too bad it couldn't have been #5..........

I hope it is not another black jersery. Seems as if everyother team has a black jersery. Why can't we be originial and have another red one only with a different type of theaming or number style on it.

How about SILVER?

Uh, it's definately black. And that disappoints me that Gleason took 6. Hedican was here for awhile and was a great part of the team, you'd think he'd wait at least a year or something. :/

caralt.jpg

Not sure how accurate this is but I found it floating around today.

This is definitely it. I have seen it also from a reliable source. And to answer an earlier post, Gleason is now number 6 - he's been wearing it on his helmet at the Reczone practices.