The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Alternate Jerseys-Officially to be released 9/10

This is definitely it. I have seen it also from a reliable source. And to answer an earlier post, Gleason is now number 6 - he's been wearing it on his helmet at the Reczone practices.

Nope, not quite but close.

Wow I think I may like it better than our primary home jersey. That is so awesome the way they used charcole colors for the hurricanes on the shoulder and the flags on the bottom. What an upgrade, beautiful jersey

so for those of us who can not access the video or go to the RBC center, is this exactly what it looks like? I am dying to know

not quite, the shoulder logo is black and gray, and the squares at the bottom are a gray outline with the square in the middle being black. and blieve me, they look much better on a real jersey than in some mock-up image like the rest of the ones in this thread. also go to the CH.com front page for a look at it. ;)

Thank you TSA fro posting a pic. I was about to die here!!!!!

You really need to see the whole thing. Black pants, black helmet, and the socks make it. Hopefully a full shot will be available soon.

third_jersey2.jpg

I too watched the streaming video of the press coference. I really like the jersey. Think they look sharp. I wish the River Rats would make a new third jersey like that. We wore a third jersey for the first time last season and I was not really crazy about ours.

"dumb" question: what is the difference between the premire and the authentic jersey other than the price?

Authentic is what they actually wear on the ice. It has a fight strap, thicker material, higher quality all around. Personally I like the replicas (Premiere) for going to games in, cause it can get pretty hot in an Authentic one.

It looks simply awesome! :D

Not exactly like the one above that's been going around for awhile now, but I think it's even better myself.

And for those who keep going on about one flag instead of two, it should finally be put to rest (thanks to the answer by the Canes at the press conference, and I just verified the answer at Wikipedia) - one flag still does signify a hurricane. One flag is a hurricane watch (meaning a hurricane can hit within 36 hours), and two flags is a hurricane warning (can hit within 24 hours). So yes, doubters, the one flag is still a hurricane. :P

from Wikipedia:

Hurricane Watch

A hurricane watch (HWA) is issued for a specified area for which a hurricane or a hurricane-related hazard is a possible threat within 36 hours. Maritime flags indicate this with a single square red flag with a black square in the middle.

The purpose of a hurricane watch is to inform families to obtain supplies, secure your home, and be prepared to evacuate.

Hurricane Warning

A hurricane warning (HWW) is issued when a hurricane with sustained winds of 74 mph (65 knots, 118 km/h) or higher is expected in a specified coastal area in 24 hours or less. Maritime flags indicate this with two square red flags with a black square in the middle of each.

Authentic is what they actually wear on the ice. It has a fight strap, thicker material, higher quality all around. Personally I like the replicas (Premiere) for going to games in, cause it can get pretty hot in an Authentic one.
Hopefully these replicas will have the full threaded shoulder patch (like the pre-2007 jersey replicas had). Don't the replica versions of the jerseys introduced last year have a cheap looking 'flat' shoulder patch?