The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
WStout

What's Our Slogan This Year?

No go...Flyers had the 'Back With A Vengence' slogan last year.

Mine - "Worried? This ain't Toronto !"

So? John Davidson and the St. Louis Blues used "Whatever it Takes" a mere YEAR after we won it?? And to take somethin from Philly would be JUST fine by me! :lol:

Love your suggestion tho...classic!

How 'bout one I'd heard a couple of years ago?

Play Hard.

Jan/GSBG

P.S. If you PM me, I'll tell you which team used that slogan. ;)

You've got to be kidding! No way. Really?

"Win it for Julia"

I heard some news this morning, and I hope to God that it isn't true. Heard whispers at the practice that Julia Rowe had passed away this morning... If it in fact is true, then that should be our slogan this year me thinks. :(

"Win it for Julia"

I heard some news this morning, and I hope to God that it isn't true. Heard whispers at the practice that Julia Rowe had passed away this morning... If it in fact is true, then that should be our slogan this year me thinks. :(

Its true.

This one would be my first choice too.

I've never agreed with the "win it for" slogans. I imagine a remembrance of her will be obvious throughout the year in the wearing of the wrist bands, etc. And if the league does another Fighting Cancer promotion, then having some thing related to Julia's battle should be included. That being said, there has to be another phrase that would express the same emotion, but not with the words "win it for Julia".

Well, sor-ry. :/

I knew maybe it wasn't the exact thing that they should have/say, but maybe something like that...

I've never agreed with the "win it for" slogans. I imagine a remembrance of her will be obvious throughout the year in the wearing of the wrist bands, etc. And if the league does another Fighting Cancer promotion, then having some thing related to Julia's battle should be included. That being said, there has to be another phrase that would express the same emotion, but not with the words "win it for Julia".

Cup or Bust.

Jan/GSBG

Is this for the Canes, or Victoria's Secret? Either way, I like it.

Only thought I have is that they could link the Hurricanes, Julia, and NC State together..

"Don't Ever Give Up."

Is this for the Canes, or Victoria's Secret?

The motto's just a take-off on the California Gold Rush phrase, what miners told each other: "Gold or bust." (Get it?) The term bust implied failing at a mission -- in this case, mining while coming up completely empty handed.

Either way, I like it.

Thank you.

Jan/GSBG

The motto's just a take-off on the California Gold Rush phrase, what miners told each other: "Gold or bust." (Get it?) The term bust implied failing at a mission -- in this case, mining while coming up completely empty handed.

You don't really think you need to explain that, do you?