The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
WhalefaninCT

Tanabe a no-show

Tanabe is a bum!

He never was that good.

Now is trying to milk us for 900,000 while not doing anything at all.

He is probably out playing golf getting paid 900,000 and not even calling Rutherford back.

He is a *edit* and should be punished.

I say he gets paid $0.00 or he laces up his skates and stops being a panzy.

Tanabe is a bum!

He never was that good.

He is probably out playing golf getting paid 900,000 and not even calling Rutherford back.

:mellow:

How can you say that? He has a concussion that doesn't even let him do everyday stuff, Punished? Why? Because he has a Career Threatening Concussion?

I wanna see you out there skating your butt off and with a concussion.. so easy for you to say.. :angry:

I have a feeling that stuff was said b/c Tanabe hasnt done anything JR has asked him to. Nothing about his "injury", just that he doesnt seem to want to follow any of the rules. I think everyone is frustrated b/c we all want to know what is going on with him.

I understand that..

But his state right now is just incurable.. so idk.. :unsure:

:mellow:

How can you say that? He has a concussion that doesn't even let him do everyday stuff, Punished? Why? Because he has a Career Threatening Concussion?

I wanna see you out there skating your butt off and with a concussion.. so easy for you to say.. :angry:

I have a feeling that stuff was said b/c Tanabe hasnt done anything JR has asked him to. Nothing about his "injury", just that he doesnt seem to want to follow any of the rules. I think everyone is frustrated b/c we all want to know what is going on with him.

Do you love Ritz Crackers as well? I know they're pretty tasty and all but maybe you should kinda sorta cut back. I fear they are turning your brain into crackers. Maybe? Somewhat? Oh yeah, I love chicken...

Why should he show up? What's the courtesy there? There is bad blood from both sides already. Tanabe not meeting with JR. JR trying to buy out Tanabe when there were indications that he wasn't completely cleared.

Let arbitration work out the problem.

I wouldn't have shown up either. JR tried to buy out his contract when he was injured which is something you don't do under the NHLPA. It sucks that JR is stuck with the 900,000 but can you really blame Tanabe? What's he got left? His career is likely over. It's hard enough for him to get out with his condition. I'm sure most of you have read that the guy can hardly walk. So why show up to a team function for a team that he'll likely never play for again? Would Tanabe showing up (which I'm sure would have been painful for him given his condition) really have made a difference? Give me a break. No way I would have shown up if I were Tanabe. It sounds like his life is pure hell right now.

I thought he was bad luck.

CLASSLESS not even to show up at a meeting...couldn't he have been driven there....

I agree he is trying to take us...

No communication...are you kidding me?!?!?

From Chip Alexander's Blog:

I remember comments last year about him not returning phone calls and not keeping JR updated on his condition or progress. I get the impression he mailed in his NHL career.

Tanabe is a bum!

He never was that good.

He was the most improved player on what was a very weak defense.

I thought he was bad luck.

CLASSLESS not even to show up at a meeting...couldn't he have been driven there....

I agree he is trying to take us...

No communication...are you kidding me?!?!?

Has any of you guys suffered a serious concussion. Effects can last a life time. And with some people alot or just what we consider normal everyday movement can trigger bad effects (ex. riding in car can trigger something that could be like serious motion sickness). So he didn't attend meetings. OK To me, there is nothing wrong with JR. He could have made the trip to Tanable instead. Being the GM, that would have been classy of him to do. The way this is all playing out makes me really think there is alot more to this whole situation than anyone here knows. Or that the team is letting on.

I think if it says in his contract he has to be here for camp or at least return phone calls, then he has to do that.

If you work somewhere and you get hurt, you still have to update your employer on your progress. If you don't, they can terminate you. That's how it works.

I think he could at least respond to phone calls, even if he can't be at camp. He can still speak. (Unless we've been misinformed)

I don't see how people can blame everything on Tanabe not knowing his side of the story. I'm sure more has gone on that we're not being told. All we here is JR's side of the story. What if he did call JR but had to leave a message and JR never returned the call. Do you really think JR would admit that. maybe it works better for JR this way. no contact no obligations.

I'm not blaming Tanabe, and I'm not blaming JR. I think that a phone call is a realistic request.

We can't really say anything, we don't really know what has gone on between JR and him.

I think if it says in his contract he has to be here for camp or at least return phone calls, then he has to do that.

If you work somewhere and you get hurt, you still have to update your employer on your progress. If you don't, they can terminate you. That's how it works.

I think he could at least respond to phone calls, even if he can't be at camp. He can still speak. (Unless we've been misinformed)

AND his wife hasn't had any issues driving him to restaurants or appointments.... Maybe he just needs the $4 for gas money to get to RBC. THe bottom line is HIS EMPLOYER said he hasn't called or shown up for work. How many of you would still be employed by not showing up, providing written verification of your Permanent disabilty, or calling your employer back? Granted not many of you are under a CBA which I think DT is hiding behind but whatever happens or has happened in the past he has kindof shafted the CH after JR gives him a second chance to resurrect his career.

edit to correct some of my bad spelling

Amen. Said three months ago and I'll say it again; it is DAVID TANABE'S job to communicate with his employer and let JR know wth is going on. David has not done that, so unless he's sitting in a hospital bed dying than I hold him completely responsible for all of this. No sympathy whatsoever. I, like everyone else, was sorry at first but now it's just ridiculous. Let the franchise know what's going on, David. Man up.

Bridge has been burned, imo.

AND his wife hasn't had any issues driving him to restaurants or appointments.... Maybe he just needs the $4 for gas money to get to RBC. THe bottom line is HIS EMPLOYER said he hasn't called or shown up for work. How many of you would still be employed by not showing up, providing written verification of your Permanent disabilty, or calling your employer back? Granted not many of you are under a CBA which I think DT is hiding behind but whatever happens or has happened in the past he has kindof shafted the CH after JR gives him a second chance to resurrect his career.

edit to correct some of my bad spelling

The problem of it is that he probably does have a permanent disability. I would agree that he should meet with JR if the situation was not going to arbitration. At this juncture, there is no point in meeting with JR or attending camp. And if he does meet with JR, you can bet your life that he wouldn't do it without having his lawyer with him.

Just let arbitration settle it. One way or the other, it will get resolve: buyout or they pay him his $900K.