The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
WhalefaninCT

Tanabe a no-show

Your facts essentially add up to: "We know nothing about the situation", which is what TSA was saying.

We're getting one side of the story, as you said. However, it's impossible to draw anything about the whole story when you only have one side. Two points of view and all that. We're getting JR's side (and knowing JR, he's still probably holding stuff back), but until you get Tanabe's side, you can't pass judgement.

Let's face it. JR's going to try and spin the situation so that he comes out looking like he's done nothing wrong. But as soon as he attempted to buy Tanabe out when he knew full well that he wasn't healthy, he did something wrong. Tanabe's only mistake thus far appears to be not showing up for camp (this is ignoring all the rumors and conspiracies of Tanabe scamming the organization, of course). As for why he missed camp, there could be a million reasons. Unless you want to argue over those million reasons, then there's really no point in discussing it.

But IMO, we do have the facts. Tanabe got injured.

Tell me where, when and how he got injured.

Cant, can you? Didnt think so. Id say thats a pretty important fact missing. ;)

So.... if we're not even sure about the alleged injury this whole discussion is about, what exactly are we all discussing?

Im willing to bet that both parties are being advised legally, and any info we've been given has been carefully worded and is serving a purpose of building a case. Im not against anyone's opinion and certainly everyone is entitled to one, I just choose to wait until all the real facts are known before I throw out my judgements of either Tanabe or JR.

Tell me where, when and how he got injured.

Cant, can you? Didnt think so. Id say thats a pretty important fact missing. ;)

So.... if we're not even sure about the alleged injury this whole discussion is about, what exactly are we all discussing?

Im willing to bet that both parties are being advised legally, and any info we've been given has been carefully worded and is serving a purpose of building a case. Im not against anyone's opinion and certainly everyone is entitled to one, I just choose to wait until all the real facts are known before I throw out my judgements of either Tanabe or JR.

AHA!

So now we realize that maybe he didn't get injured at all! And thus backing him proves to be wrong and misguided!

I never wanted to bring up that point; whether he was really injured or not. Thought it might get me hanged lol.

But yes, I know that you're just throwing things out there TSA, not really standing behind anything. Maybe I should do the same, but I just can't because everything, for now at least, points to him being at fault in this situation. Lack of communication bothers me. But whatever.

We are done.

AHA!

So now we realize that maybe he didn't get injured at all! And thus backing him proves to be wrong and misguided!

I never wanted to bring up that point; whether he was really injured or not. Thought it might get me hanged lol.

But yes, I know that you're just throwing things out there TSA, not really standing behind anything. Maybe I should do the same, but I just can't because everything, for now at least, points to him being at fault in this situation. Lack of communication bothers me. But whatever.

We are done.

You're not done, lol.

1) Bobby Hughes (has anyone seen him at camp, btw?) suffered a concussion that also may have also been career threatening. He went to every Rats game for the rest of the season as soon as he got out of the hospital. Granted, he is single (as far as I know) and may not have the screaming kids card, but I would expect to see that kind of optimism and drive (if not more) from someone who's paid $900k.

He was at the Caniac Carnival signing autographs, but I don't believe he played in the scrimmage, and I havent been to any of the camps or practices, but he was in town. Probably not an answer to your question but just to let ya know I saw him this weekend. (Got his autograph actually).

What is the point in refusing to see the team doctors? That question right there makes this whole thing fishy to me, IMHO. If I was JR I would attempt to buy him out myself. That isn't much to ask of an employee, see the team doctors so the team can get an assessment on where you are at in your recovery. Refusing to do this doesn't make any sense to me.

Caps game tonight, sweet.

We can stop worrying about the guy whose using 1/45th of our salary cap as if his money is the reason we wont win the cup because we most def. coulda signed Schneider with Tanabes kinda money.

Sorry Legend, you've got 1 more day to wait.

You mean we might sign Schneider tomorrow????

Starting new rumors is more fun than beating that poor dead horse. ;)

You mean we might sign Schneider tomorrow????

Starting new rumors is more fun than beating that poor dead horse. ;)

I will have to agree with you on that TSA, this horse isn't just dead but I think it is petrified!! LOL

can someone PLEASE lock this thread????? Hockey Season is upon us and instead of talking about what's really important we're now on the 4th page of what seems to be another he said/she said novel.

You know..... these useless threads drop off the page when people stop beating the dead horse ;) .

can someone PLEASE lock this thread????? Hockey Season is upon us and instead of talking about what's really important we're now on the 4th page of what seems to be another he said/she said novel.

I wouldn't call it he said/she said, the issues with Tanabe are well documented but this thread has been beat to death.

You know..... these useless threads drop off the page when people stop beating the dead horse ;) .

My last post on this thread, promise. :P Can we just start a new one title "Post here to get a whip in" :rolleyes:

This topic is now an advertisement for dictionary.com

Now I owe Marcus 1 mil :( and with that 1 mil I coulda bought 1/3rd of matt cullen.

Yea I got over excited, games tomorrow.

What gets me is when we make a trade Cole for Pitkanen everyone is like oh-em-gee management is screwing us. however when a guy is concust and things look bad from both sides the fans take managements side??? Can't help but feel people are still venting frustration the guy was never the pick he was supposed to be but to make this much roucus over a guy paid less then a mil...

Now I'm beatin the horse, I'm surprised we call it beating a dead horse. We should call it tippin the cow.

This topic is now an advertisement for dictionary.com

Now I owe Marcus 1 mil :( and with that 1 mil I coulda bought 1/3rd of matt cullen.

Yea I got over excited, games tomorrow.

What gets me is when we make a trade Cole for Pitkanen everyone is like oh-em-gee management is screwing us. however when a guy is concust and things look bad from both sides the fans take managements side??? Can't help but feel people are still venting frustration the guy was never the pick he was supposed to be but to make this much roucus over a guy paid less then a mil...

Now I'm beatin the horse, I'm surprised we call it beating a dead horse. We should call it tippin the cow.

how about dung toss??

I haven't posted on this yet so its not a rehash but I wanted you to know that its a fact that concussions get caused by Eastern Equine Encephalitis, cause I made the connection when I saw all this talk of concussions and pictures of dead horses and whatnot and you know this all has to be true cause I READ IT ON THE INTERNET...

So what are people having for lunch? Equally as informative as this thread.

I've got a concussion from reading this thread

I had ham, turkey lettuce and tomatoe on a roll with some kinda subway sauce stuff which is prolly just oil n vinegar in a 5$ bottle.