The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

When do they start trimming the roster?

My guess would be more than likely around anytime starting Friday because our training camp down here in Albany opens on Tuesday. And we have a preseason game down here next Wednesday.

We might even see a few tomorrow night after the game be sent back to juniors. Its going to be pretty clear who isn't going to stick. And I believe the junior teams are in camp and/or playing now.

We might even see a few tomorrow night after the game be sent back to juniors. Its going to be pretty clear who isn't going to stick. And I believe the junior teams are in camp and/or playing now.

With that said, I think Sutter should be packing his bags. Don't get me wrong! I want him on the team but after the Red/White game, I was not impressed at all. He is still too skinny and needs more muscle tone. Next year he should be ready to Rock-N-Roll!

I feel that LaCouture made an outstanding case for himself at the game. He played hard the entire game, threw checks, scored, and assisted. O'Neill seemed to come out strong but feel back into his rut of being an offensive winger only. He would skate down and sneak in the crease but his hits were nothing and he seemed to be just waiting for his shot.

Well, that my opinion. Take it or chew it up with your replies. ;)

^It was a scrimmage and the lines were just thrown together. The coaches didn't even have a plan. I wouldn't base anyones play in that scrimmage as the deciding factor on who should stay or should go. It was just that a scrimmage based on one practice.

Based on Chips blog today over at Lord Stanley's (listing probable line ups for Wednesday) and the fact that we've lost a very important goal scorer (Williams) does anyone think this could mean Brookbank will be replaced by someone with more goal scoring potential like say Lacouture? In other words, does our need for secondary scoring outweight our need for an enforcer?

Based on Chips blog today over at Lord Stanley's (listing probable line ups for Wednesday) and the fact that we've lost a very important goal scorer (Williams) does anyone think this could mean Brookbank will be replaced by someone with more goal scoring potential like say Lacouture? In other words, does our need for secondary scoring outweight our need for an enforcer?

I'd say that if it opens the door for anyone, it's Bowman, he's the only other true sniper. He's going to be given a great shot at making this team, based on the fact he's playing with Staal and Whitney, I think the coaches are hoping he's the real deal and will impress them enough to stick around.

My guess would be more than likely around anytime starting Friday because our training camp down here in Albany opens on Tuesday. And we have a preseason game down here next Wednesday.

Down in Albany, eh? For most of this board that would up in Albany. :rolleyes:

From Forslund's blog: "Tuomo Ruutu (groin) was injured today. It is said to be not serious, but stay tuned." Hope its nothing more than a charlie horse. Otherwise, we might as well give up the season the way all these injuries are coming at us.

The only roster picture that looks out-of-place is LaRose's, he really does look confused and a little lost. Does Zach Boychuk possess the ability to smile? In every picture I've seen of the kid, pre- and post-draft, he has that angry look on his face.

The only roster picture that looks out-of-place is LaRose's, he really does look confused and a little lost. Does Zach Boychuk possess the ability to smile? In every picture I've seen of the kid, pre- and post-draft, he has that angry look on his face.

That's a normal look for LaRose :lol:

I just remember one practice last year my brother and I were cracking up at him. Lavi was doing the drawing on his little white board and afterwards after the team went to take their places, LaRose was still standing there looking at the board like 'what in the world'.