The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
4everaCaniac

Justin Williams Out for 6 months!

I'm sorry Justin and to the team and fans. Its all my fault. See I got Cole on my jersey, he broke his neck. I got Williams put on another jersey and he tears his ACL/MCL and now this.

I'm sending the warning now, please wrap Gleason in bubble wrap b/c I have his jersey too. I'm afraid he is going to be the next victim.

This absolutely sucks. I can't even write what I really want to say b/c it'll be nothing put bleeps.

Get Well JWillie and we'll miss you.

Message to O'Neill: Looks like you got yourself that one way contract. Do the team right, we need you to be the Jeff of 2002, ya know the Canes Jeff, not the Leafs Jeff. Here's your chance to prove that you aren't a washed up player and you still got it.

Message to Eaves: Your role on the team just got bigger. I hope that shoulder is 100% and you stay off the injury list this year.

I do but will it be before the start of camp or after?

My best guess is as soon as JR finds a willing trade partner. ONeil, Bowman and Sutter might be good but they arent the answer to missing Williams, Brind'Amour and Cullen (if all three happen to implode).

I would expect Eaves to slide into Williams' spot on the second-line, with possibly LaRose promoted to the third-line with Cullen and Walker. This may have opened a spot for Drayson Bowman on the fourth-line if he is impressive in training camp. I still don't see O'Neill as a necessity at this point.

I would expect to see O'Neill signed now, if he does well in camp. I don't expect a trade unless the team stinks it up for a while at the start of the season, provided Rod can make a full recovery. There is some juggling that can be done on the wing, but we don't have a lot of options at center. Sign O'Neill to a one way/one year deal for a reasonable amount. If he does well, he can be traded at the deadline if Williams comes back.

What this does do is complicate an already tight budget. Now, there is 3+ million that can't play and somebody will have to be signed to replace him. I think any trades will be more aimed at freeing up cash than as a replacement for Williams.

Bad voodoo from the black jerseys?

I would expect Eaves to slide into Williams' spot on the second-line, with possibly LaRose promoted to the third-line with Cullen and Walker. This may have opened a spot for Drayson Bowman on the fourth-line if he is impressive in training camp. I still don't see O'Neill as a necessity at this point.

Larose is no where near as good a player as O'Neill.

I don't think a big trade is coming, just more chance for people to make the team out of camp.

Right now we look something like this.

Samsonov Staal Whitney

Ruutu Cullen Eaves

LaRose Brind'amour Walker

Brookbank Sutter Bayda

The wings aren't necessarily on their right side, but this is just an idea of where people stand on our depth chart.

We also have possibilities for O'neil and Bowman to make the team out of camp.

This is a big blow and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Larose is no where near as good a player as O'Neill.

Don't be so quick on the draw....I would not be surprised to see young Drayson Bowman on either the 2nd or 3rd line. Remember, JR was quoted as saying he will be given a realistic shot to make the team in camp....just looks a bit more realistic now....given his scoring ability I would think he'd be wasted on the 4th line....having said that, maybe LaRose has found his touch....

Actually, that might have been Ronnie Franchise that said that....

Let the injuries begin. This is disappointing, it totally ruined my day :angry: . I think Jeff O'Neill is pretty much on the team now. This makes me miss Erik Cole even more. Does anyone think Justin Williams career is all but finsihed? I honestly dont think so, but it has crossed my mind.

Is it time to start looking at the training regiments that the players go through?

I would say no.

Brindy and William's knee injuries were both traumatic and had nothing to do with fitness. Same with William's achilles this time as well as Larose's broken leg last yr.

Possibly something different (in the training regimen) could be done with the recurring groin injuries to Whitney and Wallin.

As much as this hurts the team I see it as great opportunity for others to step up. Especially Eaves and Larose.

Why does tis keep happening?! Cant even make it to traning camp before injuries start piling up....maybe its time for some drastic measures, like sacrificing a pig to the hockey gods...lol j/k

Dang I was really hoping this was a hoax. Can we still do that Williams et. al for Gaborik thing?

That's a lot of productivity that moves into the "unproven" category. This and Brind'Amour's knee clean up and questions lingering about Cullen. Cole and Stillman gone. A lot of points that will have to come from somewhere. Hopefully he'll be back by mid January, but between the knee and the Achilles...wonder if he'll be the same.

the boards can be tough sometimes...we just love our Canes...hang in there....you'll get some lovin somewhere down the road

Ok i just joined so I haven't been throughing around crazy ideas...I did post about Coach Lavi because I think he is a great coach and I know the situation he was in..

I will just say I know a player or coach who told me about Williams today......

I am sorry you guys don't believe me and I am sorry that as a new person on here can't give some inside information..I figured this was a great place to tell you things that you might want to know..

Chris

Oneill has made the team basically. That MAY help offense but does nothing for the D. Justin was a big penalty killer and two way forward. Oneill not so much. We all know the D has been our problem in the past. This flat out sucks. Please God, not another year of bad luck.

The only thing worse would have been if he torn achilles while kicking around a soccer ball. I don't know how Justin will bounce back after this; 2 knee surgeries and now an achilles tendon rupture. I didn't read all the articles, but was it on the same leg as his 2 prior knee surgeries?

EDIT: just thought of something worse.....................Sundin taking his place.