The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
4everaCaniac

Justin Williams Out for 6 months!

I think we may have to consider human sacrifice to break this curse.

Hey, if it'll help break the curse someone can break a few of my limbs, tear both ACLs and MCLs, and both Achilles' tendons. I can study for school just fine in a body cast. Oh, and throw in a nice bout of the flu, too. Anything for my Canes! :D

Someone else responded to this comment, but I want to as well. The point above didn't really work out last year, did it Frog? There were several players last season that got injured and then came back for the last few games, only to help us lose them. I'm not sure the "boost" you talk about really exists with this team.

Just sayin'.

Well, you obviously can't expect a player to come back and be 100% right away. It probably takes a couple games to get back into the rhythm of things. With Williams, if he comes back as soon as possible, he'll have more than a couple games.

Besides, those last few games shouldn't have mattered. The team had multiple chances to finish the job before those players returned, and they failed just as easily.

edit: what he said ^

Plus, avatars can be turned off for your viewing pleasure.

1. Click "my controls" up at the top of the page.

2. Click "board settings" under the "options" tab at the bottom left of the page.

3. Beside the "Do you wish to view members avatars when reading topics?" check "No".

Viola, you no longer have to view avatars.

Furthermore in Firefox you can disable a single image by right clicking if you use firefox.

Now I will speak on a final note since no one seems to be listening to other staff. Now you can do one of two things:

1: Listen to what I say and continue to post.

2: Ignore me and get banned.

Now here is what I have to say.

For starters the political comment on the first page (maybe 2nd can't remember). It was reported to staff by a member and it was dealt with by a staff member just a few posts down. Then on page 7 or something the original comment is made, followed by another comment regarding politics from the same member back to back (double posting) which also violates the rules. Therefore there are multiple people breaking the rules.

Now as I've mentioned in private messages to some members, members are entitled to use any image, hockey related or not in their avatar as long as it follows hight/width restrictions and is tasteful (no foul language, insults ect). Political support signs are seen all over the country right now. If you see a bus ad, are you going to complain to the bus company to have it removed? If you do, do you honestly think they will remove it? Probably not. Same goes here. With that being said, interjecting political opinions into hockey threads is not permitted here and will be dealt with accordingly.

So keep to the topic at hand being discussed and don't go into politics, especially in hockey threads. This is a tragic topic that has a lot of people upset, sad and wondering what will happen. I would hate to be forced to lock this thread so be warned. If this thread gets locked, someone gets banned.

That's all for now. I truly hope this is the final time a staff member has to step into this thread.

Incredible! Poor guy.....

I can't help but wonder...

Freisen is supposed to be one of the best- but we have been riddled with injuries, consistently, for many years.

If i remember correctly, we lost quite a few man-games during the 02 run and steadily since.....

Is there a flexibility program?????????????????? :blink:

NCSU has the same problem and our strength and fitness coach had no problems when he was at BC. Could be in the water but those guys don't get sterling reps for nothing.

Furthermore in Firefox you can disable a single image by right clicking if you use firefox.

Now I will speak on a final note since no one seems to be listening to other staff. Now you can do one of two things:

1: Listen to what I say and continue to post.

2: Ignore me and get banned.

Now here is what I have to say.

For starters the political comment on the first page (maybe 2nd can't remember). It was reported to staff by a member and it was dealt with by a staff member just a few posts down. Then on page 7 or something the original comment is made, followed by another comment regarding politics from the same member back to back (double posting) which also violates the rules. Therefore there are multiple people breaking the rules.

Now as I've mentioned in private messages to some members, members are entitled to use any image, hockey related or not in their avatar as long as it follows hight/width restrictions and is tasteful (no foul language, insults ect). Political support signs are seen all over the country right now. If you see a bus ad, are you going to complain to the bus company to have it removed? If you do, do you honestly think they will remove it? Probably not. Same goes here. With that being said, interjecting political opinions into hockey threads is not permitted here and will be dealt with accordingly.

So keep to the topic at hand being discussed and don't go into politics, especially in hockey threads. This is a tragic topic that has a lot of people upset, sad and wondering what will happen. I would hate to be forced to lock this thread so be warned. If this thread gets locked, someone gets banned.

That's all for now. I truly hope this is the final time a staff member has to step into this thread.

Strong post to follow.

(Those of us who don't like the rules should check out some of the boards without rules. Rude and Crude is rampart on message boards.)

there was an article in the N&O regarding insurance policies taken out on the players a few days ago, this would be an instance where they can collect on it, so a percentage of his salary can be used for a replacement.

After two previous knee injuries team wasn't able to insure Justin Williams. AFAIK, his contract was uninsured. Therefore, above mentioned won't work.

Should team try to find a replacement, Karmanos will have to stretch his selfimposed cap limit since he will still have to pay JW in real cash from his own pocket.

What this does do is complicate an already tight budget. Now, there is 3+ million that can't play and somebody will have to be signed to replace him. I think any trades will be more aimed at freeing up cash than as a replacement for Williams.

Bad voodoo from the black jerseys?

there was an article in the N&O regarding insurance policies taken out on the players a few days ago, this would be an instance where they can collect on it, so a percentage of his salary can be used for a replacement.

After two previous knee injuries team wasn't able to insure Justin Williams. AFAIK, his contract was uninsured. Therefore, above mentioned won't work.

Should team try to find a replacement, Karmanos will have to stretch his selfimposed cap limit since he will still have to pay JW in real cash from his own pocket.

thats right, I remember reading that, without reading it again, didnt it say that they could insure actual body parts? so williams previously injured knee couldnt be insured, maybe they could insure his ankle/heel

However good or bad the trainers are, they're not the ones on the ice, planting their feet, making ruts in the ice, sanctioning other off-ice activities, etc. The quality of the medical staff should be seen -after- these events. By all accounts Pete Friesen is very HIGHLY regarded in the hockey and sports training community.

NCSU has the same problem and our strength and fitness coach had no problems when he was at BC. Could be in the water but those guys don't get sterling reps for nothing.

You blame trainers when players suffer midseason groin pulls, ham strings pulls.... basically anything thats a muscle pull. It's there job to make sure everyone is in the best shape in terms of flexibility to prevent injuries. A guy in my hometown used to do the physicals for the Hurricanes and was so good Ron Francis drove the hour to see him just to get his advice. He's also had Chicago Bears LB fly out to see him in our little small town. This trainer said himself that if players are suffering a ton of muscle pull injuries during the year thats the trainers fault.

Torn stuff, you just cant blame the trainers for thats not thier fault.

I guess this is an opportunity for Jeff O'Neil to step-up to the plate. I really hate J.Williams is hurt. He has had a bad bout with injuries.

Speedy recovery Justin!!!!!

Larose is no where near as good a player as O'Neill.

Which O'neill? The one who left the team in the past or the one in training camp that is an unknown?

This trainer said himself that if players are suffering a ton of muscle pull injuries during the year thats the trainers fault.

I had a few of them before and think that's a far fetched statement for a trainer to give, because it ignores every player's responsibility to follow the trainer's prescribed stretching exercises or workouts. Unless of course he thinks every trainer needs to micro manage every movement or exercise for every player 24/7. Hardly reasonable. Throw in that players exercise on their own, not only in the off season, and that trainer's statement becomes a misleading exaggeration.

I got criticized by some of you about my "sources" in the coaching hot seat topic..Well my sources just told me that Williams ruptured his achillies today at practice and he is out!

Sorry for the bad news....

*edited by admin*

*edited by admin*

Encouraging inside information is not permitted here nor is advertising. A person has already been in trouble by the Canes for the recent inside information posted here. I suggest you do not get involved with it.

Encouraging inside information is not permitted here nor is advertising. A person has already been in trouble by the Canes for the recent inside information posted here. I suggest you do not get involved with it.

I guess he wont be drinking from the cup at anymore private parties

So, how many of you think that we'll sign a free agent forward to help fill Williams' spot?

A lot of people have mentioned Mark Parrish as a possibility. Does anyone (besides me) like the idea of trying to get Martin Gelinas to sign here? You could move one of our other top 9 forwards up to play with Brind'Amour and pop Gelinas in on the 3rd line. He has the PK and overall defensive ability to help replace what Justin brings. I'm less worried about replacing his offense than his defense.

So, how many of you think that we'll sign a free agent forward to help fill Williams' spot?

A lot of people have mentioned Mark Parrish as a possibility. Does anyone (besides me) like the idea of trying to get Martin Gelinas to sign here? You could move one of our other top 9 forwards up to play with Brind'Amour and pop Gelinas in on the 3rd line. He has the PK and overall defensive ability to help replace what Justin brings. I'm less worried about replacing his offense than his defense.

it would have to be someone we could sign short term and I only see that happening if after/during training camp JR doesn't think we have the depth.