The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Appstatecanesfan

Tim Gleason

I toured the locker room too. I suppose you missed the sign that said "Training Room." Those "massage" tables are for training and therapy. Part of training has to do with rubbing down the muscles, especially the ones that are tight, and sometimes those tables will come into play when the player is rehabing an injury (for instance all these lovely groin injuries plaguing the team). From what I know (my experience is not with a professional sports team, so I could be wrong), athletes would have to request the rub-downs. There are a lot of guys and one trainer. These guys could think they don't need the therapy. Someone else mentioned that they are probably pretty used to bumps and bruises, which means they may not always recognize a potentially bad injury creeping in or are too hard-headed to listen to their bodies.

Don't get me wrong, these injuries truly stink and I doubt I will survive the stress of another injury prone season. I agree that something is amiss in training, and I do find it interesting that it is mostly our NHLers on the injured list. However, many on the list are not in their early 20s like the River Rats are. Gleas hit the boards funny. I was there, and saw him go down. He got up pretty slowly. Can't avoid things like that in this sport. Babs I have no clue and Ruutu, I have no clue. The others are 30+ or pretty darn close to 30.

I say, keep your fingers crossed, and do the only thing we can do as fans: Wait, Watch, and Cheer on OUR team, whether its the vets of Rats out there on opening night.

Rubbing muscles is a massage.

As a massage therapist, yes there is a difference. As well as the fact that "Happy Endings" = possible prosecution for that request.

To be honest...I am a bit offended by the connotation in this thread. It is that mindset that makes my job more difficult. Because idiots read stuff like this, then come in to see me and ask for it. Please, I'm not being rude or contentious, just trying to educate.

Kara

thats funny

wait a sec. i thought a happy ending was an egg roll. have i been misinformed?

robot-chicken-dvd-t.jpg

A happy ending is like when Richard Gere goes into the factory and sweeps Debra Winger off her feet. At least this is what my wife tells me.