The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

Jeff O'Neill ends comeback with Canes

You are obviously ASSUming that he was offered a two way deal...we don't know.

Besides if Rutherford did offer a two way deal it is something called his decision to accept the deal or not.

You also do not know what his situation is....quit hating.

some of us have valid reasons to dislike him (O'Neill) but given that none of us are privy to the deals that go on in JR's office then this might have been a better way to part company than to "be cut from the preseaon roster" that so many others get.

I love the cheap shots when people don't explain their position.... ;)

I made my position perfectly clear on why I didn't want this to happen in the original thread when it was first announced we were giving him a tryout. I didn't think I needed to reiterate my position on this one, other than being happy that it didn't come to pass.

L

Isn't there some kind of rule about the amount of "NHL experience" you can have at the AHL level? i.e. 2 players with no experience, 2 players with x NHL games....thought I read that somewhere at one time.

there is a limit as far as the number of "NHL'ers" you can suit up (I think it is 4 or 6), the rest have to be prospects (youngsters with little or no NHL experience).

I will admit I am not a huge Jeff O'neill fan. I do remember his great play back in the day and going to the Cup back in 2002/03. I do appreciate everything he did do for the team. When I watch him now I don't see much hustle or a real wanting to be here. Again, that is just my opinion. I also agree that his training camp could have just been a gesture because of all that he has done for us in the past. If I would have seen him play harder and show me some desire I would have welcomed him to the team. I just didn't see it. Was it just a small amount of time to see these things? Probably. Does everyone agree he should have showed more desire to be here or somewhere else in the NHL? I would hope so. I do wish him luck and enjoy rooting for the underdog or second chance guy.

01/02* sorry i just had to. :P

I think should clear up some of the opinions in this thread.

From Paul:

http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index.php?showtopic=15405&view=getnewpost' target="_blank">http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index...view=getnewpost[/post]

Yep, perfectly clear. This was just too hard for Jeff.....like playing every shift.

JR is a class act, and then some.

Class all the way around. I would have expected nothing less from either side.

Jeff - hold your head high

Canes Office - thank you again

I think should clear up some of the opinions in this thread.

From Paul:

http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index.php?showtopic=15405&view=getnewpost' target="_blank">http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index...view=getnewpost[/post]

Yep, perfectly clear. This was just too hard for Jeff.....like playing every shift.

JR is a class act, and then some.

Maybe he did play to the best of ability every shift and just maybe is wasnt enough.

Both sides get to bow away with respect and dignity, nothing wrong with that.

All things considered, this is a business. If 92 didn't want to stay that's one thing. But if the Canes cut him, I think it could be a bad business decision because I feel that he would have sold more tickets if he was in the lineup. I think Jeff would have been productive again. Could be wrong, but at least the bottom line would get a boost from him.

All things considered, this is a business. If 92 didn't want to stay that's one thing. But if the Canes cut him, I think it could be a bad business decision because I feel that he would have sold more tickets if he was in the lineup. I think Jeff would have been productive again. Could be wrong, but at least the bottom line would get a boost from him.

Maybe but I truly thing Jeff just didn't think he could cut Lavi's "run and gun" style, don't know how Brindy and some of our "senior citizens" keep up.

It is a shame. Jeff is a great guy I seen him do so much off the ice to help people.

And I have seen him do just the opposite, teasing and taunting handicap kids!!!

The guy is gone, can we get over this now? Is there any point to re-hashing the same stuff over and over ...and over and over ...and over and over?

Ooh Ooh!

I saw him Pee!

You know..... one more awesome post like this and I can lock this thread. ;)