The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
fearthecanes-ch1

Silly Question..

I think it will be sold out or at least I hope it will be. I am sure it will get lots of press and also the first time the team will be wearing the 3rd jersey.

I can't wait to see how we stack up against a team that has the "Goblet of Stanley"

I don't expect it to be sold out. Yeah, it is the first time the team will play in the third jerseys but I highly doubt that will cause a rush on tickets. It is still a weeknight game, although it is one of only two home games in October and against the Stanley Cup champs. Those are the only two reasons I would expect to see an above average crowd that night. People will have several other opportunities to see the Canes wearing the third jerseys and they can watch the Red Wings game on TV as well.

I don't expect it to be sold out. Yeah, it is the first time the team will play in the third jerseys but I highly doubt that will cause a rush on tickets. It is still a weeknight game, although it is one of only two home games in October and against the Stanley Cup champs. Those are the only two reasons I would expect to see an above average crowd that night. People will have several other opportunities to see the Canes wearing the third jerseys and they can watch the Red Wings game on TV as well.

Detroit has always been a sell out for us, it might not be now but it will be by game day.

Detroit has always been a sell out for us, it might not be now but it will be by game day.

Exactly. I skipped opening night for the Detroit game as well. We sort of have a rivalry with them, because of you-know-what. Plus, they rarely come to the RBC center (although with the new schedule that'll change). They also have one of the biggest fanbases in the NHL; there's a following in every city. So yes this game will be sold out.

I think this will go into a shoot out. It looks like it will be a intense game to. It's the defending stanley cup champions. In 2006 they weren't the champions but they were the first place team in the NHL. If you remember that score was 3-2. All goals for the canes were scored in the first period. Seems like when we play them in Raleigh we play good but not on the road in Detroit because we haven't beaten them yet in their home stadium.

Seems like when we play them in Raleigh we play good but not on the road in Detroit because we haven't beaten them yet in their home stadium.

Except for Ronnie Franchise stealing Game 1 of the '02 Finals from them at the Joe.