The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
colliefan

Blackout for the Wings game?

I love the idea...that was the first thing i thought when it was certain the 3rd jersey was black...that we could have "blackouts". Im not so sure how it could be acheived...unless the Canes hand out T-shirts like the penguins did.

A good start is here, so long as people seem interested and the idea stays up top, people can pass the idea along to their friends who will be going and they two friends, and they tell two friends, and so on, and so on... maybe if there is enough interest it will get passed on to a media outlet to have a 'black out' game or they could do a t-shirt deal but that might conflict with them trying to get people to buy the new stuff...

fans being on the same page is always fun... :)

well Cam said that he hoped that we wouldn't do a black out because he wouldnt be able to see the puck.. lol i think it's worth the risk tho.. it would be awesome

The other Goal tender will have the same problem off & on the ice.

I really hope the canes organization doesn't go and hand out shirts, what the pens, flyers, caps and other teams did during the playoffs was just stupid. Trying to emulate what Calgary fans do by themselves. I think caniacs do a pretty good job of wearing red to every game on their own. As far as wearing all black? It could be cool. App has black saturday I have no idea what it looks like cause I was always in the crowd with the black on. I'm only wearing my black jersey while the canes do otherwise I'm wearing my red jersey to all the other games. I wish I could find a great picture of almost everyone wearing red to the arena.

ah found it

2383829525_92912bdebf_b.jpg

well not as good as I thought it was but still pretty decent for a bunch of fans who don't call eachother in the morning to plan on what to wear.

A black out would look pretty awesome but I think one of the players (Cam Ward?) said that a black out would make it tough to see the puck. Kind of like in baseball when they black out a section in center field because any white out there makes it too hard to see the basesball for the hitter, the catcher and the Umpire.

With all the black, white and red jersey's out there now, having the stands spotted all red,white and black would look pretty good.

There was a blackout recently in a football game I watched on TV. My impression was that it was not as visually impressive as a color, or white, would have been. It just made the stadium look dark. And the few people who wore some other color really stood out, making it look like only about 100 people were at the game.