The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
PeteMoss

New Look on the Ice?

Dumb idea, IMO. I guess I'll find out Monday night whether or not the siren works.

Im skeptical too but I wouldnt say its a dumb idea just yet. At baseball games they have fans (or celebrities) yell "Play ball" to open up a game after somebody else throws out the opening pitch. I think this is just meant to be a lesser take of on that.

Wish I could find the clip of Kevyn Adams singing "Take me out to the ballgame" at the Cubs game. It wouldnt hurt to have high profile people at the games to start the siren, drop the puck or even sing the National Anthems. Not sure who we'd get though.

Edit: clip of KAds

''>
'
target="_blank">

[/post]

Im skeptical too but I wouldnt say its a dumb idea just yet. At baseball games they have fans (or celebrities) yell "Play ball" to open up a game after somebody else throws out the opening pitch. I think this is just meant to be a lesser take of on that.

Wish I could find the clip of Kevyn Adams singing "Take me out to the ballgame" at the Cubs game. It wouldnt hurt to have high profile people at the games to start the siren, drop the puck or even sing the National Anthems. Not sure who we'd get though.

What Ric Flair doing these days? HAHAHAH!!! :lol: WOOOOOOO!!! can you imagine him IN PERSON saying...Thats a Carolina Hurricanes goal! WOOOOO!! Kinda funny. ;)

After the party ends, make sure you are in your seats by 6:45 to see special opening night festivities, including an ice show, pregame video on Jumbotron and special player introductions

Darn, there is now way I can get to the game by 6:45.

What Ric Flair doing these days? HAHAHAH!!! :lol: WOOOOOOO!!! can you imagine him IN PERSON saying...Thats a Carolina Hurricanes goal! WOOOOO!! Kinda funny. ;)

A season ago they recorded a new Flair goal video.. it didn't sound right, his voice couldn't carry it as strongly. A few games in they went back to the original.

Chevy as a sponsor? With GM shares at a 58 year low.. Hurricanes! Cash that check quickly!

Is there Fire on the Ice? I just went to the webcam and what looks like three flames are rising from the blue line area. Yesterday it looked like they were working on some light fixtures, I figured it was just normal maint.

It's as sign from the hockey gods. Our defense is going to kick as* this year!

How about Wachovia Bank as a sponsor... wait, better hold up on that one. :rolleyes:

hey now, I work on their mortgage side (although you are completely right! I wonder every day when I come in what the latest news will be!) :P

They have the Sooner Schooner for OU football games. Maybe we will have a Wells Fargo horse drawn wagon come on the ice prior to the games now that they have purchased Wachovia. :P Of course, it would require some extra time for cleaning the ice... :o

They have the Sooner Schooner for OU football games. Maybe we will have a Wells Fargo horse drawn wagon come on the ice prior to the games now that they have purchased Wachovia. :P Of course, it would require some extra time for cleaning the ice... :o

I will take RBC over Wachovia now. Duke basketball and BObcats basketball have to be worried. Watch RBC buy up a larger bank at bottom prices to grow stronger and a bigger footprint.

I am sure the only reason Chevy is still a sponsor is because of contracts.