The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ThunderBall

Possible Sponsorship deals and programs

I love the one that the Fireantz have in Fayetteville for their hockey team with the big insect mascot coming out on the ice and an advertising exterminator company vehicle comes on the ice and destroys the bug. It's pretty clever and funny.

We just had Denim Days in our town with a parade and community booths set up that anyone could set up for a small fee and thought how great it would be if the Canes organization could have a vehicle in these community parades and booths set up to sell tickets (Denim Days, Farmers Day in Coats, Mule Day in Benson, etc.) There are several small towns & communities in North Carolina having fall festivals and such within a 2 hour drive of Raleigh that they could send out marketing teams. Heck I would volunteer to do it for in my community if they would set up the ticket sales.

I have mentioned before they should have buses from College towns, mountains and beach communities around North and South Carolina for games. They could have a package deal of their transportation, ticket and meal at the RBC for one price and it it's far enough away add a motel room and let people make a weekend out of it. They could even label the bus as a family bus (no wild college kids-lol) and/or have a singles bus, couples bus etc. They could set up now for some Saturday Spring games or even the Saturday Valentines game.

One more

Ohhhhhhh Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!! Give it Some Gas !!!!

Sponsor: Sheetz gas or any other gas company like BP or Crown

--- Like "Check of the Game" by RBC, have a "Give it some Gas" and show a play where a player skates fast or shows effort in the same game. If it would work, give away a $20 gas card during the promotion. By the Oh Sheeetz comment.

Have the announcement start out with the annoucer going "OHHHHHHH SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTZZZZZZZZZZZ" Of course with BP or Crown, it could not be done.

One more

Ohhhhhhh Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!! Give it Some Gas !!!!

Sponsor: Sheetz gas or any other gas company like BP or Crown

--- Like "Check of the Game" by RBC, have a "Give it some Gas" and show a play where a player skates fast or shows effort in the same game. If it would work, give away a $20 gas card during the promotion. By the Oh Sheeetz comment.

Have the announcement start out with the annoucer going "OHHHHHHH SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTZZZZZZZZZZZ" Of course with BP or Crown, it could not be done.

Have you contacted the marketing department yet, lol?

how about, similar to the way its done one TV, they ask polling questions on the jumbotron about the NHL in general or the Canes specifically and the crowd has the opportunity to text in their vote through their verizon phone for example. This would encourage anyone who wants to participate to purchase a texting plan through verizon.

how about, similar to the way its done one TV, they ask polling questions on the jumbotron about the NHL in general or the Canes specifically and the crowd has the opportunity to text in their vote through their verizon phone for example. This would encourage anyone who wants to participate to purchase a texting plan through verizon.

They did a text-in poll like that for the NC State game at Carter finley.. (I also noticed on TV they do one too)..I'm sure the Cane's could do something similar since I believe the people who do the Cane's jumbotron graphics do the new Carter Finley Jumbotron stuff... For NC State it was Alltel who is a main sponser.. not sure if the Canes have a phone sponser.

They did a text-in poll like that for the NC State game at Carter finley.. (I also noticed on TV they do one too)..I'm sure the Cane's could do something similar since I believe the people who do the Cane's jumbotron graphics do the new Carter Finley Jumbotron stuff... For NC State it was Alltel who is a main sponser.. not sure if the Canes have a phone sponser.

No, they do not have a phone sponsor but I also saw the NC state/Carter Finley text in and thought that was pretty cool

At tonights game.. they were promoting upcoming events at the RBC Center.. like the Walking Dinosaurs.. or whatever it is.. the Canes players did their impersonation of a dinosaur i guess (couldnt really hear the announcer, was quiet) and.. i laughed so hard.. Cam sounded like a persian kitten.. lmao.

At tonights game.. they were promoting upcoming events at the RBC Center.. like the Walking Dinosaurs.. or whatever it is.. the Canes players did their impersonation of a dinosaur i guess (couldnt really hear the announcer, was quiet) and.. i laughed so hard.. Cam sounded like a persian kitten.. lmao.

LOL! I think he was making a Wookie sound. Or at least attempting one. Haha!

I LOVE the texting ideas. Pictures, messages, poll answers, whatever! That stuff gets people interested and involved during the game. I think we should have some environmental thing going on since we are all trying to go green. I don't know what we could do or who would sponsor it, but I think that if we could have something fun for people who are recycling or whatnot that could be a cool thing.