The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

Who is our #4 Defenseman?

What about that Babchuk, huh?

Two assists and 5 (most in the team) blocked shots yesterday.....

The competition is getting tight ;)

Competition is good for all positions, something this team was lacking the last couple of years.

Sunday's game should be fun.

The best thing would be if all of them were so awsome that we just don't know who to play. I think it would be fascinating if Kaberle returned to form. Another puck mover to transistion our run and gun. I still think Babchuk emerges.

The best thing would be if all of them were so awsome that we just don't know who to play. I think it would be fascinating if Kaberle returned to form. Another puck mover to transistion our run and gun. I still think Babchuk emerges.

If he regains that form, him and Corvo would be a great paring. They did really well last year when Kaberle wasn't 100% imagine how they could do when he is. That would put Babchuk and Siedenberg on the 3rd pairing, which I think would be a great line.

I have been to one preseason game and the scrimmage and Kaberle didn't play.

Question: Has anyone seen Kaberle play this pre-season? Is he really looking great, or we talking him up pre-trade?

I have been to one preseason game and the scrimmage and Kaberle didn't play.

Question: Has anyone seen Kaberle play this pre-season? Is he really looking great, or we talking him up pre-trade?

I am a STH for the past few years and I have been to all the preseason games. I do not think that it is hype. He looks very good with the puck and is playing very well compared to the past two years. He would not make my top 4 though. I would go Gleason, Pitkanen, Corvo,and Seidenberg. I would also put Babchuk ahead of him.

Why are they practicing Wallin with the Burg??? I don't get it...Burg should be in the third pairing. He'll have to spend all his time covering for Wallin. Waiver time baby. I'm not seeing it.

And I do like Babs and Melichar together...Melichar has a pretty nice slap shot too....looks like someone has been encouraging him to use it...took a couple the last preseason game.

have we established that its seidenberg yet? leads the team in hits and blocked shots.

Well Seidenberg has clearly won this poll. It remains to be seen what the coaches think, but for now he is seeing ice time. Interesting how little love there is for Wallin. Perhaps this is just because the question is who will raise up to get #4 ice time, and not who should be on the last pairing. I have been generally critical of Wallin, but others have seen significant improvement this year. I personally would like to see what Babchuk has to offer, and so would a lot of others based on this poll.

I am still interested by how the battle for 2nd pairing works out, but here is a twist on this question:

Assuming no trades, and everyone healthy, which two defensemen would you sit for most games? (As it stands 2 defensemen will find the press box each night).