The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hag65

Turn up the speakers upstairs

I love having my season tickets in the upper level, but I was very disappointed in the sound system last night. It seems that the upper level gets very little respect from the RBC. You rarely ever see fans on the jumbotron from the upper level as if we are the low class of the fans and now we can't hardly hear anything going on. They need to realize in this economy that the upper level is going to be the majority throughout the season and show some interest in making our hard earned spent money count too. They got ripped on this sound system.

Section 338 here. It stands to reason that the bigger bucks would get the bigger play. We can't even find the really important things going on at the lower levels like Dancing Granny. :lol:

Paul, our blog guy is pretty good about reading the topics about the Hurricanes. If he sees something important it wouldn't surprise me if he passes it along.

For the red/white game i sat just behind the south goal. the sound was awsome. could hear everything clearly. everthing looked as though they put the new system to accomdate everyone. then on opening night im in sec 329 row j seat 9...thats where my season tix are. i couldnt hear anything. what a waste. mybe turn it up a notch. you know i picked that section cause thats where the party is. all the chants and rants start there. well actuall 328. but were all the same up there. die hard cainiacs who want to hear and see the game as good as we can. some more volume. oh btw lets try to get some more winners in the upper decks. many prizes and storm squad tend to stay down in the first two levals. everyone there loves the canes, so show some love for us common folk.

I'm in 109, and I don't think volume was the problem. At least, I could HEAR what was being said, I just couldn't always understand it. Granted, some of that could be due to the crowd being loud, but some of it is poor sound quality. At times I could understand, and at times I couldn't. I'll pay more attention when I go tonight now that everyone is saying stuff.

I am in 116 and I think the sound system sounds great with music and video clips. I do remember saying during the red/white game that I could not understand any of the interviews. I did not notice it as much during the home opener, but I will pay more attention tonight when we beat the Red Wings.

I am in 116 and I think the sound system sounds great with music and video clips. I do remember saying during the red/white game that I could not understand any of the interviews. I did not notice it as much during the home opener, but I will pay more attention tonight when we beat the Red Wings.

I am in section 202. I agree with you. Music sounds good. Voices not so much. Several interviews were nearly inaudible. Perhaps it is the equalizer. They may need to turn certain frequencies up for better voice response. I don't really know, but one would think they'd have figured this out during preseason. Still there is time to adjust.

I thought it was just me. I sat in the lower level, in 120, and I couldn't hear the players names, I had to look at the numbers to figure out who was jumping on the ice at the beginning.

I sit low in Section 112. In past years, the problem was terrible sound quality. Almost everything (the "Ask the Canes" segments in particular) sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher.

With the new system, it's clear, it's just not loud enough. Still can't easily hear announcements of goals, penalties (when they bother to make them), etc.

I'm sure they will be working on it. If they work on it at the rate that they are working on the parking lot issues, then we can expect to have good sound by....ummm....well, we can always hope.

Sounded OK to me. they were just too loud last year. I had no issues understanding the speaker. Last year, sitting at the ends of the arena, it was just to loud. If you go to arenas, they have turn down the volume.

Everyone should be able to hear and understand but not at a blasting noise level. They will figure it out.

JMHO

The sound system was much better last night. They even pulled up the spot lights that were blocking the view of the score on the score board for some of the upper level on opening night. Maybe they read this thread. :rolleyes:

The sound system was much better last night. They even pulled up the spot lights that were blocking the view of the score on the score board for some of the upper level on opening night. Maybe they read this thread. :rolleyes:

Actually, they do. ;)

Actually, they do. ;)

Well, since they do read the thread....how about turning down the volume for Ron The Ref?? That guy is WAY too loud, not too mention off-the-charts annoying. How about turning the volume down on him? Or how about taking his microphone away entirely?