The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
NancyNC-ch1

Air Raid Siren

Overall, I think it's a great idea...just too quiet though. Maybe Monday that could hook a mic up to it somehow.
I think the problem may have been Stormy was standing too close to the siren...all of his 'body mass' was muffling the sound! :lol:

I think the problem may have been Stormy was standing too close to the siren...all of his 'body mass' was muffling the sound! :lol:

Off topic: What is with Stormy? He has gotton so much bigger.

I hope they play it on FSN tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Umm no, that was Elizabeth Dole :lol:

Off topic: What is with Stormy? He has gotton so much bigger.
Yeah, I noticed that too. It was funny when Stormy was 'officiating' the guy asking the gal if she would marry him, the woman just couldn't keep her hands off of Stormy's super-sized new gut.

It was funny...and strange at the same time. :blink:

Stormy got a new costume(about time-the other one was quite stinky!) and he was made rounder to be more pig-like.

hmm...it looks quite odd. i dont think that look worked too well.

Stormy got a new costume(about time-the other one was quite stinky!) and he was made rounder to be more pig-like.
If Stormy had to have a make-over, they should have gotten him a bigger sweater too. The jersey kept riding up his belly and poor Stormy had to keep pulling it down! :lol:

I really liked the idea of the air raid siren, but like many others here said it is not loud enough. I guess they cannot make the actual siren any louder as it would probably hurt the hearing of the nearby Caniacs. They should however get it hooked up to our new awesome sound system. Crank it up so we can feel it New people would look around and say "what the hell is that"?

Yeah, the air raid siren should definitely be much louder, especially since they play it when the Canes skate out of the locker room, and that's when the crowd gets very loud. I like the concept, it just needs to be more effective.

I'd love to hear the air raid siren, but it sounds like it's pretty lame at this point. Being in the USAF I have heard air raid sirens so load that it wakes you from your sleep and has you diving for cover. If they had ones like that I'd don't care how many screaming fans you have, it'll be heard.

I didnt have any trouble hearing the siren at the game last night.. i mean it wasnt "shake the house down" loud... but it was clear and could be heard..

However, everything the announcers say is lost in the upper deck.. I had no idea who was scoring and what penalties were being called or anything like that.

Not the loudest thing I ever heard on opening night with all the people cheering. Monday was good but still not as loud as I had expected.

Don't you just love the hype!