The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Koenigsegg83

VERY CURIOS QUESTION

Hey since i have 30 mins left before i depart for a long trip. I just wanted to ask. Now we have to set our minds back to like 15-20 years to imagine such wild things but lets say for example a miracle happens and both Sidney Crosby & Alexander Ovechkin wanted out of their teams. And just Miracuosly(sp?) they both ask to be traded to Carolina and coincidentally they both want a $6 mill a year contract and you guys only have room for 1. Who would you pick? and why?

Id take AO all day every day he is leagues better then Cindy Crysby. It won't happen EVER lol, but id take him.

AO. Great wings are very rare and hard to find. And as a Center, Eric Staal isn't too much of a slacker. No room for 2 centers making that kind of money.

No disrespect to Crosby, I think he's the better player, but we already have a franchise center.

Okay Oilersfan, I'll play your little game.

AO all day. I love the physical game he plays. A superstar who isn't affraid to rough it up. Crosby is a great player, but AO is a player I'd pay to see any day. He hits with a smile on his face.

I'll go with AO, too. No offense to Crosby, but I think AO loves the game more. Every time he scores he acts like its his first NHL goal, even though it may be his 3rd of the night. However the only disadvantage is that since AO does use the body more its likely you would get a few more years out of Crosby.

Well somebody's gotta take Crosby so I'll go for it. Ovechkin is a goal scoring machine, but much less on assits. Crosby is a playmaker extrodinaire, who also scores a bunch goals. The Cane's historically have a lot of talented forwards that can put the puck in the net. A playmaker like Crosby would make all of them have career years every year. Plus, Staal is more of a goal scorer.

Imagine building a team around these two centers and rolling two lines built to score like all six top guys are All-Stars.

As fun as Ovechkin is to watch, I'd go with Crosby. Crosby makes his linemates better, shoot he could probably even get LaRose to finally finish :P

Agree.

I'd go with Crosby, a great playmaker is what could really make the canes much better. I'd rather move Staal to the Wing with Crosby on center than I would like to have AO on Staals wing.

And, in the end, Crosby is the better all around hockey player, IMO

no question I take Sid. More points than anybody when he is healthy. Pure goal scorers CAN run cold--doesn't mean AO would, but it is possible. Also, AO is likely to get hurt earlier.

Sid makes everybody better. When the entire NHL was asked who they take first, OVER HALF pick Crosby.

I'd take Sid the (not so) Kid anymore.... by far a better passer and can score a goal or two when his team really needs it. He's also a pretty good leader on the Pens for being such a young player.