The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
WStout

Time Warner and CenterIce

The TWC rep was strictly correct if he was talking about Fox Sports "Carolina Hurricanes broadcasts." They will blackout all Hurricane's games that are locally telecast (whether that is John and Tripp on Fox Sports or via a national carrier like Versus or NBC).

However, if there is no locally available telecast of the game, such as the upcoming game vs. Montreal, the out-of-market feed (if there is one) will not be blacked out on Center Ice.

I am in Elon, NC. FSS last night showed 30 minutes of the game then switched to Predators game (FSN?) at 8:00. Both CenterIce channels were blacked out.

I am in Elon, NC. FSS last night showed 30 minutes of the game then switched to Predators game (FSN?) at 8:00. Both CenterIce channels were blacked out.
Then, yeah, you've got a beef. But who's in the wrong, FSS for switching feed mid-game or TWC for blocking the CI feed? I'm not sure.

Then, yeah, you've got a beef. But who's in the wrong, FSS for switching feed mid-game or TWC for blocking the CI feed? I'm not sure.

I'd start with blaming TWC, be careful when you call them to complain, they might add some features onto you cable package that you dont want, scandelous

It's out of hand. TWC is blaming FSS. FSS won't respond to me.

And to top it off....the TWC reps are ignorant. Trying to tell me that since it is a local game, it is blacked out. Baby, Pittsburgh ain't an easy drive for me to attend a game.

Yeah that happend to me also at 8 o'clock it switched to the Preds feed ,and someone on here told us to check the HD channel 591 and there was the game in HD at that! Channel 591 for me in Mebane is usually the Braves HD channel.

Well refer to my locked post to know my problem. But I still dont' understand why the Nashville Predators game was shown here in Asheville last night over the Carolina Hurricanes game. I live in North Carolina, is it so hard to broadcast my states own team? I absolutly despise the whole cable thing with black out restrictions and *edit*, what a joke. Stupid iditots, I live in ASHEVILLE not Nashville. I know they sound the same when you say them.

Asheville, The Triad, and Burlington were all switched over to the Preds game. Somebody royally screwed up, although no one seems to want to take responsibility.

I hope the media people with the Canes are reading this board. They should be royally ticked at what happened last night.

I have standard cable and I've been getting all televised games on channel 50 without incidence. I live in Raleigh less than two miles away from the RBC Center. I could walk to the arena and they haven't been blacking me out yet they blackout western NC? Doesn't really make sense to me...

I have standard cable and I've been getting all televised games on channel 50 without incidence. I live in Raleigh less than two miles away from the RBC Center. I could walk to the arena and they haven't been blacking me out yet they blackout western NC? Doesn't really make sense to me...

See thats the thing, they DON'T black us out. I'm from PoDunk Burnsville, North Carolina, only 25 miles from the Tennessee border and even I got Hurricanes games growin up there, thats how and where I fell in love with the team. At least places like the Triad and Burlington were switched over too for some reason. That makes me feel a lot better and think maybe they for some reason just screwed up. As long as I won't have to permanently watch Predators games I'm good to go. I feel like making a sign like that Preds fan had when they were discussing moving their team

"Get your Damn hands off of my team"

Asheville, The Triad, and Burlington were all switched over to the Preds game. Somebody royally screwed up, although no one seems to want to take responsibility.

I hope the media people with the Canes are reading this board. They should be royally ticked at what happened last night.

Well, The "Media People" can be pleased that a lot of people were watching. The TWC call center said they were being swamped with calls about it. That's great - fix it next time!

switched in the 3rd, eh???? well, that was probably a good thing last night :rolleyes:

LOL! I didn't need TWC to switch mine off last night because I took care of that issue with 4 minutes remaining. :o If I had seen a possibility of them coming back like we all know they can do and have done in the past I wouldn't have, but all I kept seeing was the puck being stripped away from us every time we got possession.

The TWC rep was strictly correct if he was talking about Fox Sports "Carolina Hurricanes broadcasts." They will blackout all Hurricane's games that are locally telecast (whether that is John and Tripp on Fox Sports or via a national carrier like Versus or NBC).

However, if there is no locally available telecast of the game, such as the upcoming game vs. Montreal, the out-of-market feed (if there is one) will not be blacked out on Center Ice.

Yes, Montreal broadcasts ALL of their games....we'll have to endure to French feed.

It's out of hand. TWC is blaming FSS. FSS won't respond to me.

And to top it off....the TWC reps are ignorant. Trying to tell me that since it is a local game, it is blacked out. Baby, Pittsburgh ain't an easy drive for me to attend a game.

Same thing happened to me 3-4 years ago when the Cubs were in the playoffs.....a dream I know..... Anyway, the national feed showed the Yankee game, and the local feed (maybe fox of tbs) instead of showing the Cubs game going on that night, also showed the Yankee game. I was furious. TWC said the decision was at the local level, and had nothing to do with them. Yeah, right.

Dishnetwork had it up and running... No problem. Somewhere in the third period they switched Canes team on me thought :o

I had the same problem.

I think the "blackout" that was mentioned refered to Center Ice package. The Canes games there are blacked out when the games are on Fox Sports Net. Since they hit the magic button to the Preds, they canceled all options for anyone in the listed areas to watch the Hurricanes.

I'm glad Time - Warner received a ton of calls, maybe they will work a little harder if it comes up again, and I think it will. With the Charlotte Bobcats getting some air time on Fox Sports this year, there are going to be some conflicts.

Yeah that is really random that Triad, Burlington and Asheville all got switched to the Preds. I was just super mad because I thought it was just Asheville, being in the Western Part of the state and I guess being semi close to Nashville, or at least the same distance from Raleigh. If like Greensboro, Winston and Burlington were all getting Nashville Predators games too, then that just takes a load off of my hockey psyche.

I have Charter instead of TWC, I hope they heard something from the Hurricanes fans last night too. I knew it really wouldn't fix anything but I called Charter, emailed them, chatted with them onilne and sent FSN-South an email. Actually none of them overly upset, I was just calm and explained the problem and asked why I couldn't watch local regional sports teams in my own local region. Ah well, all I can say is the 'Canes Islanders game better be on Saturday.

Bottom Line:

If you live in NC or SC, then you should ALWAYS get the FS "Carolinas" feed. It doesn't matter how close you live to the TN border, you should still get the FS Carolinas feed.

It sounds like all of you got completely ripped off.

EDIT: And this is why I have DirectTV lol. No local conditions WHATSOEVER.

Its interesting that the people you would have assumed would have a problem would have been those of us in Raleigh. It almost sounds like to me that TWC switched FSN feeds to give you an out of market game, assuming the Cane's game was blackedout (per: TWC... of course you would never blackout a road game) and maybe they assumed FSCarolina's was showing bullriding and decided to air the Preds game.

I dont think Fox Sports is at fault here.. they produce and distribute the sports feeds, but it would be up to TWC or Comcast or Charter or whoever to air the correct feed. Sounds like TWC Greensboro which I believe covers a lot of the western side of the state hit a wrong switch somewhere and then couldnt figure out how to switch it back. I can say from living in Greensboro this is not unusual.. I believe a lot of Cane's games were blacked out or just missed when they were aired even in Raleigh. Everyone I ever dealt with in Greensboro didnt know a thing, in fact I installed the cable in my greensboro apartment myself after the contracter gave up on it and left.

I'm sorry for the guys who got shafted.. the bad news is your camplaints will most likely fall on deaf ears.

I'm frustrated when the Canes play the Penquins. I live in southeastern PA and purchased the Center Ice package last year primarily to watch the Canes. I understood teams in the local (Philadelphia and Washington) markets would be blacked out on CI. That's no problem because I get the local feed. I'm watching the Flyers and Devils now. But anything Pittsburgh I can't watch at all - no Center Ice because it's blacked out for some reason and no local feed. I don't consider myself to be in the Pittsburgh market. I've never watched Pittsburgh anything - hockey, baseball, college, whatever.

Could anybody offer an explanation?

Its interesting that the people you would have assumed would have a problem would have been those of us in Raleigh. It almost sounds like to me that TWC switched FSN feeds to give you an out of market game, assuming the Cane's game was blackedout (per: TWC... of course you would never blackout a road game) and maybe they assumed FSCarolina's was showing bullriding and decided to air the Preds game.

I dont think Fox Sports is at fault here.. they produce and distribute the sports feeds, but it would be up to TWC or Comcast or Charter or whoever to air the correct feed. Sounds like TWC Greensboro which I believe covers a lot of the western side of the state hit a wrong switch somewhere and then couldnt figure out how to switch it back. I can say from living in Greensboro this is not unusual.. I believe a lot of Cane's games were blacked out or just missed when they were aired even in Raleigh. Everyone I ever dealt with in Greensboro didnt know a thing, in fact I installed the cable in my greensboro apartment myself after the contracter gave up on it and left.

I'm sorry for the guys who got shafted.. the bad news is your camplaints will most likely fall on deaf ears.

I watched the whole game, Im with Charter in Lincolnton. Guess I was lucky to see the whole game.