The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dg72383

Are LL seats next to canes/visitor player entrance good seats?

We have sat behind, beside the benches and penalty boxes and don't really like the view of the ice. it is really tough seeing the ice lengthwise through the glass. You do however get a great view of the bench, and shift changes, but personally I would prefer being 2/3 of the way up. My dream seats are down low front row in the corners where you can see the entire ice, or 2/3 up on the blue line.

We have 2 seats in 106 right next to the player tunnel. We really enjoy the seats because you get a closer look at what goes on behind the bench and see the players' emotions during the game. Our seats have easy access to the rail for fist bumping players which is cool to let the team know you are cheering them on. It is also a good location to get a puck during both warm-ups and the games from players or other staff members. Unfortunately, sometimes you get an up close view of injuries when they come off the ice as the players walk past us into the locker room.

We will be selling some tickets to upcoming games. Let me know if you are interested.

We sat in rows C and D in section 106 for the preseason game against Philly, right next to the tunnel. First time impressions...

The pluses - as mentioned, you see the players close up and often since the bench is right there (Sammy looks a lot bigger up close!). As for high-fives, if you aren't a kid, they may push you back if you are blocking or crowding the kids. They are good about this from what I saw, my son got up there late, but the security guy reached up and made a hole for him. He still has a smile on his face from his Eric Staal high five! I took some cell phone video from the bottom step no problem. Probably wouldn't be as easy during a regular season game. Oh, and you're close enough to get a free t-shirt! :)

The minuses - lousy view of the ice...it's hard to follow the game and the players tend to lean over the ice a lot - especially when there's a fight! It's also on the end where the 'canes only shoot once. And yes, you can get some blood closeups, I forget which player that game got cut but he left a blood trail right in front of us on the ice. :o It comes up easier than you'd think! :)

Once in a while it's ok, but I prefer the higher view of the whole ice. We're in 303 for the Edmonton game.

these seats are only good when the clock reads 20:00 and 0:00. the rest of the time, half the ice is blocked and youre reliant on the jumbotron for the action. my mother's boss had them for a few years and i sat there a couple times. its cool on a pp/pk when its in that end...but otherwise, if youre gonna spend the money, get it in the corners.

The entrance where the visitors enter the ice is covered with a canopy like a tent, so there's no opportunity to interact with the players. My wife and I sit next to the tunnel where the Canes enter/exit, five rows behind the bench. As others have said, the pluses are being up close and personal, with a chance to watch the emotion of the players, staff, and coaches. Several years ago, we were all standing next to the chute to applaud the team as it exited after a great period. Bret Hedican looked up at me, grinned, and tossed me the puck. And I got to watch and hear Jeff O'Neill smash 12-15 sticks in a temper tantrum.

But there are minuses as well. Mainly, the view of the ice isn't nearly as good as it is higher up. Several times, I've waited at the top of the lower bowl for a break in the action after fetching a beer and watched a scoring play develop. It's so easy to watch it unfold. You don't see it nearly as well from behind the glass.

Overall, it's a trade off. Depends on what you want to see. But the cost of front row seats is the highest of all, so somebody must think being close is desirable.