The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
chumbawumba

Trade Ward?

If both goalies are playing well come trade deadline, why would anyone in their right mind even think of trading one? The playoffs are the time to HAVE two top notch goalies. Accidents, illness, or whatever cannot be predicted. If one goes down during that time you want a goalie that everyone is comfortable with.

Ward and Leighton are two young goalies that can carry the Canes to a Stanley Cup, but it will have to be together. The team is comfortable with both and you do not want to wear your goalie out just to get position in the division. We are in good shape having them both so...

"if it works, don't try to fix it!"

yeah, tonight oughta put the permanent Hibosh on this subject. We'll see if Leighton can stay afloat the rest of the season. Cam is the man. All you Wardo haters need to chill. He is the ONLY reason we won tonight against NYI.

I hope the Cam we saw tonight is the CAm that that shows up every night. Of course, I hope the Cam we saw tonight does not need to show up every night. But, his performance tonight should quash any thought about trading him.

This is definetly one of Cam's best moments. The entire team let him down allowing 60 shots from one of the worst offensive teams in the league and Cam saves 95% of them including a penalty shot. This shows what Cam can do if he is on his game. Amazing effort. We may be in good shape in goal for the first time in a long time.

The way the team is playing we're going to need it.

Wow you guys are hardcore about the goalies. I hope you guys arent calling me crazy about the post I made, because all I meant was if they are BOTH doing great at or around the trade deadline, and we were in a serious push for the playoffs, and we needed a forward or defenseman, and another team made an offer that is GOOD for the canes, then JR would do it, thats all. Thats business. Of course its good to have two solid goalies. Most of the Great goalies are off to a bad start this year: Luongo, Kipprusoff, Turco.... its like being in a slump in baseball, they will get out of it. In closing I believe Ward will step up and be the number one.

If both goalies are playing great and we are making a push to the playoffs, why would you trade one. If both goalies playing great and making a great tandem, why would you break that up. What if the one not traded gets in a bit of a slump. Now you are stuck with Peters. You think the team will continue to make a playoff push with Peters in net?

If this team is making a push for the playoffs, you won't see either on traded.

I hope the Cam we saw tonight is the CAm that that shows up every night. Of course, I hope the Cam we saw tonight does not need to show up every night. But, his performance tonight should quash any thought about trading him.

good post....i want his best, but i dont want puck bruises and mask dings from all of the shots fired at him! :huh:

I'm not sure why I insist on reading these threads because it drives me nuts every time. Trade Cam...who are you going to get that's better? Brodeur...because you can't get him. Miller... nope, can't get him. Smith...keep dreaming. Yes Cam struggles with focus and that needs to be fixed, but he has the talent to be great. Leighton may be just the catalyst to push Cam to his full potential. Let's at least wait until we are well beyond a handful of games into the season before we pass judgment.

you guys are missing the point from my posts about having two good goalies. IF and only IF a team has something that we need at the time of the deadline, then JR will do it, Im not saying its ward, it can be either one. Look at a few years ago when San Jose had Toskala and Nabokov, two goalies sharing the duties, both great, one was traded. How about in Minnesota a few years ago, Fernandez and Roloson. Come on think like a GM here. ONLY and ONLY if it makes sense for the team. For now, lets keep playing both, and win with both. Im done with this topic.

If both are doing great then why trade the younger one with the most potential?

Someone please close this thread..... I try not to read these stupid threads, but it's like an illness or something. Neither goalie is going anywhere.

Cam was great last night, and from a poll on NHL.com more than 60% of hockey fans that read the website think that Cam's play last night was the best goaltending performance for all 30 teams last night. Leighton is motivation for Cam and a solid backup (Hallelujah!!!).

This is way too early to bring this up. We aren't near the trade deadline and have no idea what we are going to need come February. Besides, neither goalie is worth just a 4th liner (we would totally be getting the shaft on that deal).

I encourage everyone to go vote before the poll has ended, but can someone please close this thread?

Ward played great last night. 57 saves. After that why do you want to trade him? He's better than Leighton he's only played three games give it time for Ward.
what r u talking about????? he played 3 games in 1 last night! :lol: