The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
chumbawumba

worth of Staal

Man thats the second Thread you startet and every time its about trading one of our best guys.

Do yourself and us a favor and buy a NHL trading game.

Then you can trade as much and as long you want to. :lol:

So Im curious as to why you come here asking all these questions about our players to our fans? You never stick around to get the answers or even respond to anyone who's answered them. First you're a Ducks fan just looking for info about Hedican, then you want to know about a player just put on the IR. Now its the worth of Staal, our franchise player who just signed an 8 year deal. And your screen name isnt exactly praising our winger is it now?

So, if you're interested in players worth and trade proposals, you've come to the wrong board. If you're interested in having real two sided (or more) discussions about our team, then by all means, post away.

If all your interested in doing is trying to stir up some drama, it will stop here. If Im off base, prove me wrong and I'll be happy to apologize.

I was gonna ask the same thing.. is this ask crazy questions day?

As far as what Staal is worth.. To the Canes: Priceless.. to another club: Not so much...

I really couldnt see another club putting out a whole lot for Staal, since he's kinda in a class of his own with maybe a few other guys.. he's way better then the average bear, but (nothing against Eric, like him a lot and he's a great fit for our franchise) he's not quite (by a slight margin) as good as some of his draftmates like Ovechkin and Crosby who were the same year, or year before year after etc...As much as I like Staal he's not quite to that elite level yet... or at least he didnt come out guns blazing like an Ovechkin or Crosby or Malkin... will he have a long career and be a steady guy like Ron Francis or Joe Sakic or one of these guys and break franchise records? You bet.. thats why Carolina has him signed up long term.. he's not a flash in the pan, change my team now, kinda guy.. he's a franchise guy who will play 10 years or more (19 like Wesley would be awesome) and be the team at some point. Not a dealbreaker midseason and not trade bait.

I was gonna ask the same thing.. is this ask crazy questions day?

Yes it is and if we stop answering them, they'll stop posting them. ;)

So im curious to know if you absoulutely had to trade eric staal i know you'd be crazy and it would never happen now that he has signed but pick any team and do your ideal trade. Feel free to include other canes as well.

Hey Samsonover, if that is indeed your real name.....we traded you to the Buffalo boards for a bag of pucks. Yeah, they got ripped off for sure, can't believe we got a whole bag.

Another brilliant, well thought out post by you though. Please keep them coming, I don't have access to the XM comedy channel right now, so I need a good laugh.