The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
RealRitzcracker

We have a league leader!!!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/statshome.htm?navid=NAV|STS|Main' target="_blank">NHL - STATS[/post]

Checkout the League Leader in Plus-Minus.

Yep it's are secret weapon Wallin.

If you seen some of my posts before the season I HATED Wallin.

But he has really stepped it up and is playing some decent hockey.

Way to go Wallin.

Keep it up.

Good thing that he wouldn't waive the no-trade eh? Keep it up Nick!

This thread is giving me a good laugh today just because I spent some time last night looking through all the post game threads from last season. Nic Wallin was absolutely raked through the coals by many of us (including me) for his play all season long. Glad to see he's getting some love now from the board, and that people are recognizing when players turn their game around and contribute in a big way.

On a not so funny...umm....downright depressing note, all the comments made throughout last season about injuries and lack of a 60 minute effort are being echoed again this year. Hard to believe we're dealing with all the same issues again already.

*sigh*

Nick deserves as much recognition for all the hard work and his contributions to the team this year as he suffered in all the negative posts about his play last year. Nicky, you are our SECRET WEAPON. Keep up the great play, cause for god's sake we need it right now.

Congrats Nicky! Speaking of the da big Sveed does anyone remember the picture the Canes had posted late last year of Nic at practice holding both Bayda and Aucoin in headlocks? Would love to have a copy of that one right now.

Congrats Nicky! Speaking of the da big Sveed does anyone remember the picture the Canes had posted late last year of Nic at practice holding both Bayda and Aucoin in headlocks? Would love to have a copy of that one right now.

Pictures from Practice 3/31/08... http://www.flickr.com/photos/7275401@N04/sets/72157604335353527/' target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/7275401@N04/s...57604335353527/[/post]

This is all the more amazing because this is a guy who was around -55 for his career before this year and his best ever year was +2. The new and improved Wallin could not have come at a better time with everyone dropping like flies. I for one am suprised, but I got to hand it to him.

Nick deserves as much recognition for all the hard work and his contributions to the team this year as he suffered in all the negative posts about his play last year. Nicky, you are our SECRET WEAPON. Keep up the great play, cause for god's sake we need it right now.

Or as Tripp says now he's just "The Weapon"... not so secret anymore with 5 assists.. and holy cow a +9? Go Nicky!

Is it a contract year for Mr Wallin? LOL.. he has sure stepped it up.... :)