The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac4life83

Samsonov and Eaves?

Any chance we could trade for Nic Lidstrom too? Maybe they'll throw in Zetterberg too?

Silly me, I forgot about defense. I figure one of Commodore's old robes could easily fetch us Rafalski and Lidstrom.

I agree that Sammy is playing well and for whatever reason, the points just aren't falling for him. Much of it has to do with Roddy not looking too good at even strength and some of it is just bad luck. Sammy is like a smaller, faster version of Stillman. He has never been a great finisher, especially after his wrist injury, so he needs somebody to feed the puck to and/or look for garbage when he shoots. Maybe the chance to play with Staal will fix some of those problems? But overall, the effort is there and the points will come sooner or later.

Eaves--he doesn't even seem to be looking to score right now. His defense and his effort look ok, but when he gets in the offensive zone, he just seems to be content with cycling and not really going to the net. As long as his d stays strong, he's not really hurting the team--but then again, he's not really helping it as much either.

Simple solution to this problem. Send Eaves to Chicago for Kane and Toews and ship Samsonov Pittsburgh for Crosby and Malkin. Then ship Cam to Vancouver for Luongo.

After that, tear down Carter-Finley Stadium and build a landing strip so I can take my private jet to all the games.

Bottom line, let the season start before we get to carried away. The schedule hasn't allowed this team to get any kind of flow going.

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THIS!!! :lol: except the ward, luongo trade.....luongo hasnt been luongoish lately. :blink:

I have to laugh at all the Eaves is doing nothing. Between Eaves and Samsonov they have notched 1 point and that was an Eaves assist.

I know I know points aren't everything, just thought I'd give Eaves some love since he ain't getting none :P

Simple solution to this problem. Send Eaves to Chicago for Kane and Toews and ship Samsonov Pittsburgh for Crosby and Malkin. Then ship Cam to Vancouver for Luongo.

After that, tear down Carter-Finley Stadium and build a landing strip so I can take my private jet to all the games.

Bottom line, let the season start before we get to carried away. The schedule hasn't allowed this team to get any kind of flow going.

See, told you they should have traded for Crosby and Malkin, haha.

Samsonov had some great chances and will really start to show up on the score sheet as long as he keeps up what he is doing. I love him and Staal on the same line.

At times last night it looked like Sammy and Staal were the only guys on that line. Bayda is playing much better than Eaves at this point. Now I understand why the Sens were willing to part with such a young player with "potential"for what turned out to be to two rental players.

Clearly, he'll have a hattrick and 4 assists in tonight's game, just to stick it to the Canadien fans.

I'm giving Samsonov a little more time, but looking good doesn't mean jack if you can't find a way to put some points on the board.

Alot of players have had slow starts and have began to heat up. (Perry, Getzlaff for the Ducks) Samsonov is out their battling every night. As long as he doesn't get down on himself I believe he will get it going. I hope he has a big offensive night tonight against the Habs. Wish it were televised. Would have rather seen this game than the Blues game on Thurs.

Alot of players have had slow starts and have began to heat up. (Perry, Getzlaff for the Ducks) Samsonov is out their battling every night. As long as he doesn't get down on himself I believe he will get it going. I hope he has a big offensive night tonight against the Habs. Wish it were televised. Would have rather seen this game than the Blues game on Thurs.

We'll get it in French on CI, right? That's always a treat...

Chin up Sammy...you're doing the right things...it will come.

Yeah, put another way, Sammy has only scored two less goals than Ovechkin...and Ovie has played one more game!

We'll get it in French on CI, right? That's always a treat...

Chin up Sammy...you're doing the right things...it will come.

Thats what I'm wondering... I get Center Ice online and I have the option of watching the TV feed but listening to the radio feed... If the game is on thats what I'll end up doing.

I'm giving Samsonov a little more time, but looking good doesn't mean jack if you can't find a way to put some points on the board.

I have seen the same good signs from Samsonov, I am going to try to focus on Eaves tonight. This post was about the two of them. They have 14 games and one assist between them. These are guys we are counting on, both have been penciled onto the first line at times. With Walker and Williams out and Brind'Amour struggling (-5 despite 4 goals), we are going to need something out of these guys real soon. Hopefully the both score tonight.

As a Sens fan I have seen what Eaves can do, once it finds his game you will all see what he can do. He will dig, dig, dig, not give up, get a goal here and there. He has the heart for the game big time.

As a Sens fan I have seen what Eaves can do, once it finds his game you will all see what he can do. He will dig, dig, dig, not give up, get a goal here and there. He has the heart for the game big time.

Thats good to know. I still believe he will get it going.