The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Munson15

Tailgating

Are there any rules (do's and dont's for the parking lot for tailgating? You know, alcohol, grilling, etc? We're making our first trip to the RBC from Charlotte on Saturday for the game. Also, are there areas in the lots that are better than others? I'm flying blind here, so any info would be appreciated.

I can't say there are any bad areas :) Near the tree line between Carter-Finley and the RBC seems to be a popular spot to setup, but that isn't from personal experience, just from what I've seen. I very rarely go to the Edwards Mill side.

Are there any rules (do's and dont's for the parking lot for tailgating? You know, alcohol, grilling, etc? We're making our first trip to the RBC from Charlotte on Saturday for the game. Also, are there areas in the lots that are better than others? I'm flying blind here, so any info would be appreciated.
It's pretty fan friendly for tailgating, not much 'rule wise' that I know of. You'll find tailgating going on in every lot. Some folks seem to prefer the areas in the lot near 'tree islands' or at the edge, so those tend to get filled first. Alcohol and grills, both gas and charcoal, are fine.

The only info I could find on the RBC Center site of relevance is:

TAILGATING: Tailgaiting is permitted; however, cars must occupy only one parking space. Use of grills must follow OPEN FIRES PROHIBITED guidelines.

OPEN FIRES PROHIBITED: The igniting of fires* for any purpose whatsoever is prohibited on RBC Center property.

*Personal grills are permitted in the parking lots only. The use of grills is prohibited on sidewalks, near buildings with or without canopies or in any area where guests or property may be damaged.

The forecast looks good for Saturday. Enjoy!

I hope you have a safe trip from Charlotte and enjoy your first "Caniac" experience. I hope our Canes can give you a win for your 1st of hopefully many trips.

I can't say there are any bad areas :) Near the tree line between Carter-Finley and the RBC seems to be a popular spot to setup, but that isn't from personal experience, just from what I've seen. I very rarely go to the Edwards Mill side.

It is and I love it!! :)

Well you just shot a big hole in my pregame activities!! LOL

I am planning on being nude from the neck up. I understand how offensive that may be to some. :lol:

Canes Booster club is having a tailgate in the east lot on Sunday. Their web site states it is open to the public. I imagine you just need bring something to share with the group. They will have a grill for you to cook your burgers and dogs on. I have never been but thought I would check it out and see what the club does.

RBC Center Parking Guide Front Lawn Parties

The Hurricanes will be throwing nine pre-game parties on the front lawn of the RBC Center this season. Each party includes live music, an inflatable obstacle course, moon bounce, street hockey, the slap shot booth and food and beverage.

Each party will start two hours before the game and end 15 minutes before the drop of the puck. For example, the party will begin at 5:00 and end at 6:45 for a 7:00 game.

Front Lawn Schedule

Day Date Opponent Live Band

Friday October 10 Florida Panthers Anonymous

Saturday November 1 Edmonton Oilers Erik Smallwood

Sunday November 9 Atlanta Thrashers Grant Haze

Sunday November 23 Nashville Predators The Backhanders

Sunday December 7 Washington Capitals TBA

Sunday February 22 Colorado Avalanche TBA

Saturday March 21 Washington Capitals TBA

Saturday April 4 Pittsburgh Penguins TBA

Thurday April 9 Buffalo Sabres TBA

Tailgating is permitted in one parking space only. Fans with tents, large grills, tables, etc. should use the grass lots, not the arena paved parking spaces. Please think of your fellow guests while tailgating and dispose of all trash, bottles, and cans.

Parking lots open 3 hours prior to game time. For more information, see the RBC Center Parking Guide

Awesome advice. Everything said in here was dead on correct. We had an awesome time at the RBC. The only two things that dulled the experience were the harpies who sat behind us in section 318 and yapped the whole stinkin' game adding their own horribly annoying commentary to the entire game. The ENTIRE GAME!!! For crying out loud. It's a hockey game, not an opportunity to annoy those around you with your idiocy! Oh yeah, and that softy goal with just about a minute left sucked, too. No regrets, though. We'll be back. Loved the arena, loved the experience. Loved today's game even better. GO CANES. But to those who buy tickets, stay away from row A, section 318, the ladies behind you will drive you INSANE!!!

Man... what a weekend of tailgating. My voice is gone from yelling during the games (sections 328 and 304 you are awesome). And my head hurts from all the beer.... wouldn't have it any other way. November will be a good month thanks to all the weekend home games!