The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac52

Fatigue Factor in NHL Scheduling

In a hockey season, that's an eternity away. A lot can change between now and then

You're right State, a lot can change, and I hope it does. First, we must beat Washington here on Wednesday. We can't afford to give away two points in the last three minutes after failing to score on an extended 5-on-3. We have to make hay while the sun shines in this favorable November stretch. And we have to get healthy, so Brind'Amour and Staal don't feel pressed to skate extra minutes when they need time to heal.

If we can do all these things now, building up a healthy lead and a healthy team, we have the chance to run away from the pack. We won't need to worry about the guaranteed fatigue factor we will have to face in March, when points may be hard to come by. Besides, we may become dominant by February and the points may come easy. Wouldn't that be awesome.

We won't run away from the 'Caps, they're too good. Unfortunately, they are the future (or present) first tier of the Eastern Conference and will be for many many years if they can hold on to their players and find consistent goaltending (and BJ looks good so far). I was at that game in DC talking trash, then made to look stupid. That was one of the most dejected, sour moments of my young life...It would have been better had the Caps won 6-0, we expected to win or earn a point only to have it taken away. I wish I would have stayed home...well not really, but it was terrible riding the metro back.