The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Rumors and other Rumblings for the 2008-09 season

I think if someone was desperate enough to consider Kaberle they were desperate enough to get help for their defense fairly soon. With Kaberle out they'd have to look at other options. Something tells me that the team trading for a Dman in the near future is probably the team Kaberle was destined for.

So Mccarty is middleweight enforcer who has won 4 Cups and is good for 10 goals (he usually played on the 4th line in Detroit, could get more if he got more ice time). Career high was 19 goals I think. Makes around 5.5 mil. Sounds like he is good defensively but takes dumb penalties at times. Should we? Check out his fights on youtube.

So Mccarty is middleweight enforcer who has won 4 Cups and is good for 10 goals (he usually played on the 4th line in Detroit, could get more if he got more ice time). Career high was 19 goals I think. Makes around 5.5 mil. Sounds like he is good defensively but takes dumb penalties at times. Should we? Check out his fights on youtube.

I dont think we need a 5.5 mil 4th liner. we only have 1 5.5 mil 1st liner.

hrhr...he meant .55 mil, you didn't consider McCarty to make 5 million bucks a year, did ya? ;)

Hm, I think he could be an option, surely, but...is that what we are lookin for?

I'm not sure, but somewhere i got to read something about Boston lookin for an OD, and probably giving up Peter Schaefer, who was been sent back to the minors lately...any thoughts?

hrhr...he meant .55 mil, you didn't consider McCarty to make 5 million bucks a year, did ya? ;)

Hm, I think he could be an option, surely, but...is that what we are lookin for?

I'm not sure, but somewhere i got to read something about Boston lookin for an OD, and probably giving up http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8462093' target="_blank">Peter Schaefer[/post], who was been sent back to the minors lately...any thoughts?

yea, my bad.

Spectors:

"The Vancouver Canucks are trying to move forward Matt Pettinger, with the Hurricanes, Thrashers and Panthers said to be interested."

Not too familiar with him but looks like hes a 10-goal kinda guy who is known for being a penalty killer "shut-down forward." At least thats what I read online.

Canucks have recalled forwards Kyle Wellwood and Matt Pettinger and are confident both will clear re-entry waivers... so let me get this straight. We can claim Pettinger if we want to on re-entry waivers... and then we have to give the Canucks draft picks based on his salary, is that correct?

I'm not sure, but somewhere i got to read something about Boston lookin for an OD, and probably giving up http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8462093' target="_blank">Peter Schaefer[/post], who was been sent back to the minors lately...any thoughts?

Schaefer is a left handed shot and plays lLW. We need guys on the RW with right-handed shots correct? Mccarty is both of those and adds toughness, defensive play, and I would guess 10-15 goals. I think this could be an option for us. A good thing is that I believe he has a 2 way contract so if we are totally healthy up front (doubtful) we could send him down to Albany if need be. The guy has experience too... anyway Schaefer is another option I suppose. I believe I read the same thing about Boston as well... We shall see what JR does. He does have options out there. There is a GM meeting next week in Chicago and lots of commentators think this is when deals will get done. So I assume we wont have to wait much longer.

Schaefer is a left handed shot and plays lLW. We need guys on the RW with right-handed shots correct? Mccarty is both of those and adds toughness, defensive play, and I would guess 10-15 goals. I think this could be an option for us. A good thing is that I believe he has a 2 way contract so if we are totally healthy up front (doubtful) we could send him down to Albany if need be. The guy has experience too... anyway Schaefer is another option I suppose. I believe I read the same thing about Boston as well... We shall see what JR does. He does have options out there. There is a GM meeting next week in Chicago and lots of commentators think this is when deals will get done. So I assume we wont have to wait much longer.
McCarty is done and isn't going to add 10-15 goals anytime soon. He hasn't scored a regular season NHL goal since 05-06.

Canucks have recalled forwards Kyle Wellwood and Matt Pettinger and are confident both will clear re-entry waivers... so let me get this straight. We can claim Pettinger if we want to on re-entry waivers... and then we have to give the Canucks draft picks based on his salary, is that correct?
No. Re-entry waivers just means the Canucks will pay half the salary if they are claimed. We don't have to give up any draft picks if we claim him.

Tampa needs another forward like they need a hole in the head. Why don't they address their glaring need which is defense.

LOL, Id rather they didnt.

Tampa needs another forward like they need a hole in the head. Why don't they address their glaring need which is defense.

The longer the new owners are part of the organization, the dumber they look. They clearly, IMO, are idiots when it comes to running a hockey team. Their policy is to basically buy up any and all players available and then trade the ones they gave contracts to and so they can buy more. What are they thinking? Maybe someone should put Koules in one of his Saw movies.

I'm gonna answer my own question. Tampa put Koci on waivers to which St Louis grabbed him. Tampa then picks up Pettinger and now puts Jason Ward on waivers.

Personally I'd rather have Jason Ward over Pettinger.

I think Koules and Barrie need to stick to making movies.

Gaborik is officially on the trading block. Dont have any website confirming this yet but I saw it on ESPNEWS.

They confirmed it XM today and said Montreal and LA were the frontrunners right now.

They confirmed it XM today and said Montreal and LA were the frontrunners right now.

Actually didn't they say Minny offered him to Monteral and LA but both said No? Atleast that's what I got from the Power Play.

Ive heard LA said no. They are in the midst of a rebuild so they do not need to trade any of their young guys. Anyway, if LA wanted him hey would get him in the offseason...they have more than enough cap space to give him whatever contract he wants.

Actually didn't they say Minny offered him to Monteral and LA but both said No? Atleast that's what I got from the Power Play.

They could have, because right after I heard them talking about his injury problems and that it could be a risk for whoever picked up his contract.

They could have, because right after I heard them talking about his injury problems and that it could be a risk for whoever picked up his contract.

Well, if you believe the "Injuries and why they love us" thread, Gaborik must be meeting us in Pittsburgh for tomorrow night.

Well, if you believe the "Injuries and why they love us" thread, Gaborik must be meeting us in Pittsburgh for tomorrow night.

LOL, a custom fit.