The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jayhenry76

good place to catch the game

looking to find a place to catch the games that arent on fs carolinas thats not the carolina ale house. i usually go to the falls tap room but they never have the sound on. any help would be awsome

Sounds like you need to be there in person :o

looking to find a place to catch the games that arent on fs carolinas thats not the carolina ale house. i usually go to the falls tap room but they never have the sound on. any help would be awsome

take a radio headset and put on Chuck K, problem solved or spend $9.99 the day of the game and be there.

When we go to Falls to watch away games, they usually have the sound on. We were there last week and they had the sound on. That is interesting.

Try Blinco's, but you will probably have to get one their boxes to set on your table to listen to the game.

Provided there isn't a Buffalo game on the same night/time....

After last night's Bills game, I dont think the Buffalo fans around here are going to take issue :lol:

(Sorry Quince and Dboon :P )

After last night's Bills game, I dont think the Buffalo fans around here are going to take issue :lol:

(Sorry Quince and Dboon :P )

Well, I wasn't referring to their obnoxiousness (*jab*).....just meant that, depending on who is working there at the time, Buffalo Brothers will often give preference to a Sabres game over a Canes game and put the Sabres on the big screen with the sound. Aggravating when they do that sometimes despite a majority of Canes fans there.

But overall....a good place to watch a hockey or ball game. Great food there for a reasonable price...

take a radio headset and put on Chuck K, problem solved or spend $9.99 the day of the game and be there.
correction....that would be $19.99 to see the game. dont forget the $10 parking! you will actually yell and curse more for the parking situation than the game itself ;)

wow well it looks like i called an *edit* meeting. i guess ill just stick with the tried and true falls tap room. or listen to chuck k call the game an say sampsonov's name wrong all night. so thanks for nothing. after this i hope this will be locked.

wow well it looks like i called an *edit* meeting. i guess ill just stick with the tried and true falls tap room. or listen to chuck k call the game an say sampsonov's name wrong all night. so thanks for nothing. after this i hope this will be locked.

Actually, Chuck pronounces Samsonov's last name right. In Russian language it is SamSOnov, just the way Chuck says it.

It's pretty much every other english speaking person, who pronounces his name wrong. ;)

Actually, Chuck pronounces Samsonov's last name right. In Russian language it is SamSOnov, just the way Chuck says it.

It's pretty much every other english speaking person, who pronounces his name wrong. ;)

i stand corrected, just sounds funny to hear him say it differently then everyone else. thanks though

Wouldn't want to watch a game at a place where they give Slugs priority over Canes. ;)

too bad.... they have best wings in town and their pizza is great.

Funny thing happen earlier this season when three of us went there to watch first game against Tampa.

We sat at the table next to big screen and Nascar was on. We asked waitress whether they'd switch to the Canes game when it starts and she confirmed.

A couple with a baby sat at the table close to ours and the guy (your typical redneck stereotype) overheard us. He started complaining quite loudly how he wants to watch Nascar and doesn't care about hockey. I was polite enough to suggest waitress that we din't mind to change the table for as long a there was a TV with Canes game we could watch.

Well, waitress told us not to worry and told that other guy that she was sorry but hockey takes precedence over Nascar.

The couple left quickly and we stayed to enjoy the game. :rolleyes:

They'll always have my business after that incident.

Also, last year we went there to watch a game and Buffalo game was also on. They had only one or two TVs with Buffalo game and rest were Canes. And Buffalo fans were okay. In fact, local Buffalo fans are good folks, those who travel with team are the trouble.

too bad.... they have best wings in town and their pizza is great.

Funny thing happen earlier this season when three of us went there to watch first game against Tampa.

We sat at the table next to big screen and Nascar was on. We asked waitress whether they'd switch to the Canes game when it starts and she confirmed.

A couple with a baby sat at the table close to ours and the guy (your typical redneck stereotype) overheard us. He started complaining quite loudly how he wants to watch Nascar and doesn't care about hockey. I was polite enough to suggest waitress that we din't mind to change the table for as long a there was a TV with Canes game we could watch.

Well, waitress told us not to worry and told that other guy that she was sorry but hockey takes precedence over Nascar.

The couple left quickly and we stayed to enjoy the game. :rolleyes:

They'll always have my business after that incident.

Also, last year we went there to watch a game and Buffalo game was also on. They had only one or two TVs with Buffalo game and rest were Canes. And Buffalo fans were okay. In fact, local Buffalo fans are good folks, those who travel with team are the trouble.

That's awesome that the waitress did that! I might have to eat their sometime.

I personally like Rudino's myself (Apex location). It is close to the house. Have seen Big Mike there and on non game night I have seen Wallin there. But I always spend more money than if I went to the game and watch. Funny how cheaper bear, cheese fries & wings adds up so fast to be more that a Cheap Seat. :o