The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac4TrevorKidd

Trip Tracy

Gotta give the man props-

"Let's see if the linesman can at least drop the puck right" as Weight went for the penalty shot for the Islanders tonight. That's a Caniac color analyst comment- hands down.

Tripp is rockin' tonight.

I dunno... you guys can love him all you want, I will celebrate that day that moron no longer does the Canes games! I'm surprised he stuck around for the post game tonight instead going down to the Islanders locker room to congratulate his good buddy Doug Weight on that "perfectly clean and legal hit"! :ph34r:

Gotta give the man props-

"Let's see if the linesman can at least drop the puck right" as Weight went for the penalty shot for the Islanders tonight. That's a Caniac color analyst comment- hands down.

Tripp is rockin' tonight.

That was funny, but Tripp's best line of the night was "I believe in a prolonged type of teasing" (or something similar to that). How's that for an image you don't want burned into your brain? LOL!

Tripp Tracy is the perfect complement to John Forslund. Straight man and wacky sidekick. And when the Canes are down by 5 goals in the third period, their banter and random comments keep me watching the game instead of going to bed early.

Can't we let this dead horse rest in peace now?

I dunno... you guys can love him all you want, I will celebrate that day that moron no longer does the Canes games! I'm surprised he stuck around for the post game tonight instead going down to the Islanders locker room to congratulate his good buddy Doug Weight on that "perfectly clean and legal hit"! :ph34r:

I agree.

I like randomness, so he is entertaining. But I think he annoys John Forslund. Johnny always cuts him off and changes the subject.

I definitely think he annoys Forslund. I've seen more than a couple testy comments from Forslund aimed Tracy's way. So either Forslund is a testy kind of guy or Tripp annoys him too. :)

Tracy is Forslunds sidekick....nothing more. Im not being a homer here, but Forslund is in the top 3 color announcers in the league IMO. I think its the fact that Forslund is so passionate when he is calling the game and tracy just throws his 2 cents in from time to time. I think it wouldnt matter who would be calling with forslund.....whomever it is would annoy people because they just want to here forslund talk. Tracy does his job.

I lost a lot of respect for Tripp when he defended Weight last night. John is so much better to listen to when he does the games on Versus. I think John would be just fine by himself, just like Chuck.

I defended weight to ><. Sutter was an idiot for leaning with his head forward down low. His head was at like stomach level for weight when the hit occured. Just because he is our player dont let it blind you to the facts of hockey. In my hockey game the other night i was an idiot similar situation me and a guy from the other team racing for the puck i barely beat him because i leaned forward head first to reach with my stick got the puck clear and kept it in but i got slammed head first into the boards because my head was down. Bonehead play on my part. Will i ever do that again? you bet not after how that felt. Sure i drew the boarding penalty as well. But it still hurt like a son of a.... and i realized it was my own fault for keeping my head low and i learned from it.

Yes, how dare our color announcer isn't like Detroit's or Tampa Bay's. How dare Tripp give credit to the other team when they deserve it. It's a disgrace is what it is.

I love how everyone focuses on how Tripp points out the good in the opposing team/players, but blows off every single time Tripp compliments the Canes.

^ so true icefrogg. One of the things i love about him. He looks for the good plays reguardless if its ours or theirs and tries to find whether it was a good call even if it was against us.

Yes, how dare our color announcer isn't like Detroit's or Tampa Bay's. How dare Tripp give credit to the other team when they deserve it. It's a disgrace is what it is.

I love how everyone focuses on how Tripp points out the good in the opposing team/players, but blows off every single time Tripp compliments the Canes.

What's wrong with being a homer, just a tiny bit? It wouldn't hurt. He's the color commentator on the Hurricanes channel, not on some national broadcast, he should pull for the team he basically works for. And there's a difference between giving credit to the other team when they deserve it and openly displaying a teenage-girlish-like crush on certain opposition players to the point where 1 has to wonder whether he has built little worship shrines for some of them in the basement of his house. As fans of this team, we have to put up with too many snobby media types and idiot fans from up North crapping all over us, so I would appreciate some make-up homer commentary when I turn on the Canes official broadcast. Or is that too much to ask? :o

I defended weight to ><. Sutter was an idiot for leaning with his head forward down low. His head was at like stomach level for weight when the hit occured. Just because he is our player dont let it blind you to the facts of hockey. In my hockey game the other night i was an idiot similar situation me and a guy from the other team racing for the puck i barely beat him because i leaned forward head first to reach with my stick got the puck clear and kept it in but i got slammed head first into the boards because my head was down. Bonehead play on my part. Will i ever do that again? you bet not after how that felt. Sure i drew the boarding penalty as well. But it still hurt like a son of a.... and i realized it was my own fault for keeping my head low and i learned from it.

This does not excuse the number of times Tripp kept driving in the point "Clean" hit. There was nothing clean about it. Legal yes, Mistake on Sutter's part Yes. The puck should have beeen played not the man. Weight intended to knock the daylights out of Sutter and ignore the puck. Tripp made the decision to keep harping on the "clean" nature of the hit. This will keep going on until God forbid someone gets killed. Then lets see it defended.I pray not.

Just because some one "stupidly"presents an an opportunity is no reason to try to put him in the hospital or worse.

Tripp needs to GO. There are alot of other's who could do his job just as well and if he wasn't Karmonos's buddy he would have been long gone.

If for one have had enough of him.

:angry:

Do you honestly believe Tripp would be working where he is if he wasn't a Hurricanes fan? I'm sure he starts every game like the players, hoping for 2 points. And like the players, he points out when the team is playing poorly, or when the opposing team is playing well.

Ever seen the post-game interviews when the Canes lose? The same stuff is said by the players that was said during the broadcast by Tripp. It shows he really knows his stuff.

Homers are the worst. There's nothing worse than an announcer/fan/whathaveyou that can't or won't see the flaws in the team they're cheering for. Luckily, Tripp's not one, and even if he was, Forslund's there to keep him in focus.

Overall, Ilike Tripp. If you listen to what he says, and I mean, actuallylisten to what he says, you will learn something. I have thought the few times I have watched him this year that he was less campy than in years past but Iam OKwith that.

Tripp often makes the show more about himself than the players or the game, which I find extremely irritating. The color man should provide a window into the locker room, and help fans view the ice like the players do. I can remember cameo appearances in the booth by guys like Cole or Francis, and the level of analysis rose immensely... even though neither were attempting a career in broadcasting.

But Tripp.. like the Storm Squad.. and bad traffic at the RBC.. aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so do what I do. Use a DVR to make the game match Kaiton's call on radio.

That's hockey, baby.

Tripp often makes the show more about himself than the players or the game, which I find extremely irritating. The color man should provide a window into the locker room, and help fans view the ice like the players do. I can remember cameo appearances in the booth by guys like Cole or Francis, and the level of analysis rose immensely... even though neither were attempting a career in broadcasting.

But Tripp.. like the Storm Squad.. and bad traffic at the RBC.. aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so do what I do. Use a DVR to make the game match Kaiton's call on radio.

That's hockey, baby.

Trip doesnt provide insight to the locker room? I guess you missed 500 fans wearing robes to the games because Trip talked about each player Christmas present.

But if you like hockey's john madden more then thats your opinion, but dont say the guy doesnt do the things you listed because he does you just happen to not like him.

I like randomness, so he is entertaining. But I think he annoys John Forslund. Johnny always cuts him off and changes the subject.

I'm glad somebody mentioned this because when ever Trip talks about food or some player had last night for dinner John always wants to go back to the game. Personally I don't care what Trip has to say about that I want to know what's going on during the game and not about their personal lives. Trip Tracy annoys me too. Specially when he compliments the other teams. I bet John likes it when he is down by the bench instead of in the box seats with him so he isn't bothering him all the time lol. He's like "Finally I get my own office." One thing I don't understand is how is it that we let VERSUS use John to do the commentary for their games? He has a contract with us and not with them right?

Excellent idea! Beats watching the broadcast w/ the sound muted :lol:

Altho, I try to listen b/c it's a pity to miss Forslund's commentary which is really top-level (that's the reason he moonlights on Versus so often). But if the team is playing poorly and Tripp starts getting seriously infatuated w/ 1 or more of the opposition players, I got no other choice, the mute button gets to serve its purpose...

but dont say the guy doesnt do the things you listed

And your example of this happening is from 2 seasons ago. I think that pretty much proves my point.

Altho, I try to listen b/c it's a pity to miss Forslund's commentary which is really top-level (that's the reason he moonlights on Versus so often).

Absolutely, I never miss any of his national games.